The Night Monarch - Part II

Night Monarch
A pleasant smell awakened the woman’s senses followed by voices softly talking in the dark.

“KuraIs the potion ready?”
“Wait a minuteIt’ll be done soon.”

The woman slowly opened her eyes to a blurry scene.

“W-Where am I?”, she weakly asked.

“Oh! Are you awake now? Kura! She’s awake! Are you feeling okay?”
“I’m okay, just a little bit hazy…”
“Kura! Kura! Hurry up!”
“You know you don’t have to call me over and over again! Anyway, here, this will make her feel better.”

The woman immediately noticed and took in the familiar scent from earlier. The man carefully helped the woman sit up from where she was lying and fed her a spoonful of a lemon, ginger and honey mixed tea. The refreshing aroma of lemon and the combination of bitterness and sweetness from ginger and honey brought her color and energy back. Her vision also turned back to normal and saw the two smiling brightly at her.

“Seungyoun-ssi? Sakura-ssi?”
“H-How did you know our names?!”
“Seungyoun-ah…”

Sakura pointed directly at their name tags which are pinned on their clothes.

“Oh! I forgot we were wearing these!”

Seungyoun laughed in embarrassment and his cute remark caused the other two to laugh as well.

“Thank you...”, the woman abruptly yet sincerely said.

The two stopped and became completely serious all of a sudden.

“Don’t thank us just yet.”
“He is right. You also have to tell us.”
“W-What should I tell you?”
“Who made you miserable?”
“What is the reason behind your sadness?” 
“Is there a place you started hating?”
“When did you feel that hatred?”

She had almost forgotten all about why she decided to stand at the edge of her death. The barrage of questions was too unbearable for the woman to hear.

“P-Please stop…”, the woman said with quick heavy breaths.

“How did it turn out that way?”
“Why do you have to die?”

“Please stop!!!”, the woman shouted and begged.

She started crying as she can’t control the emotions she had been burying inside her fragile heart which lasted for several minutes and the two did absolutely nothing but just patiently waited for her to calm down.

“I-I’ll tell you…”, the woman finally said.

Seungyoun and Sakura were all ears as the woman began telling her life story.