The Night Monarch - Part I

Night Monarch
I can’t take this anymore!”, a frustrated voice echoed in the dark.  

The sound of quick breaths can be heard as a pair of eyes opened to a stunning view of the city lights. The silent night continued on and merely seconds after, tears streamed down on a pale face.  

The situation unfolds with a woman standing outside the railing of a skyscraper’s rooftop, one step away from her death. Perspective absolutely shifted and the once marvelous sight of the city lights became horrifying.  

She slowly lets go of her grip on the railing and uttered one final word.

“Goodbye…”

The woman was about to plunge herself to the ground when a cold wind gusted from below pushing her backwards against the railing followed by a flurry of flower petals with a distinctive scent along with numerous luminescent butterflies.

“Do you really want to end it like that?”

A voice broke the woman out of her mesmerized state. She quickly looked to her left and saw a lady dressed in black standing a few feet away from her.

“We will help you…”

Another voice to her right immediately caught her attention. She then saw a man wearing all black leaning over the railing.

“W-Who are you two?!”, the woman asked in confusion while alternately looking at them.

“You don’t have to know us.”
“You’ll forget us anyway once you get what you truly want.”
“Now, come with us...”
“A-Are you really sure you can help me?”

The guy in black replied with a serious nod and walked towards the woman. She thought to herself for a second and softens her grip on the railing but another gust of wind from behind caught her off guard and made her lose her balance.

“B-Be care---!”

Their eyes widened in horror as the woman intensely wobbled. The man instantly teleported close to the woman leaving blue butterfly afterimages from where he once stood, and extended his hand to grab her but it was too late and she started falling from the high-rise building. 

“Ahhhh!!!”
“What to do?!”
“Don’t worry! We can still save her!” 
“Ahhhh!!!”
“How?”
“We can just jump after her!”
“W-What? What?! Are you crazy?!”
“Ahhhh!!!”

The guy quickly pulled his companion and they both vanished into thin air. Immediately after disappearing, they appeared beside the woman who has just fainted in mid-air.

“Wooh! It’s like we’re bungee jumping but you know without the bungee!”
“Is this fun?! Hurry or else we’ll die!”
“Okay, fine!”

They swiftly grabbed the woman’s hands and the three of them vanished once more into the night.