Disliked

Darling (I wish it was me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you don't want to go with us?" Taehyung asks for the nth times.

Of course Jimin doesn't wanna go with them. Who wants to knowingly third-wheel others? He's not that stupid.

"I'm sure," he answers instead. "I don't like French cuisine anyway,"

Taehyung shrugs as he's putting on his coat. 

"We might go bowling after," Taehyung says. "Do you want to go then?"

"I do love bowling,"

"But?"

When Jimin doesn't answer, Taehyung plops down on the bed next to him.

"Talk to me, will ya? I'm here for you, buddy."

"I don't know," Jimin breathes. "I don't think it's a good idea to be there. I mean, do you want your fiance in the same room as your other fiance?"

"Is that what's bothering you?" Taehyung chuckles as he puts his phone up to his face. In just a second, a voice greets them.

"Hey! I'm not ready yet. You're here already?"

"Hey, baby! No." Taehyung waves. "Do you mind if Jimin tags along to the bowling centre? He's bored."

"I am not!" Jimin hides away from the video call. 

"He's so bored," Taehyung continues, earning a chuckle from the other side. "That he starts forgetting about the wedding and why we're doing it in the first place."

"Jiminie?" the voice fills with giggle. "Never took him as a forgetful guy."

"Never took you as a shady guy either!" Jimin calls from the other side of the bed.

"Come join us, Jiminie! I miss you!"

Jimin gives Taehyung a look, then gives up. He wants to go and get some changes of scenery as well. Staying at home most of the time stresses him out a little.

"Fine, I'll go. To the bowling though, not dinner."

"You don't need to eat?"

"I have food at home, ."

Taehyung and the caller cackle before the call ends. Jimin gives his fiance a look, watches him fixes his coat and heads to the door.

"I'll call you once we finished," he calls.

"Or don't." Jimin murmurs back as the door closes shut.

 

-

 

Two hours earlier

 

"Hey," Yoongi cleared his throat. "Dad said to call you back. Sorry, I was kinda busy,"

Seokjin rolled his eyes.

"Why are you still here?" Yoongi mouthed. His secretary ignored him.

"Hey hyung, it's cool," Taehyung must be talking while smiling, judging by his tone. "I just wanna get your recommendations. I'm new to Seoul and all."

"Right. Dinner, is it?"

"Yes!" His cousin replied excitingly. "So I was thinking of steak and wine, maybe somewhere quite private and romantic. Do you know any?"

"Well, um... Jimin doesn't like steak."

There's a brief pause.

"I didn't know Jimin will be coming with me," Taehyung said. "Did he tell you he wanna come?"

Wait, what?

Yoongi glared at the eavesdropping Seokjin.

"Who... are you going to dinner with?"

"My friend is visiting," Taehyung must be smiling again. "So, hyung? The place?"

Yoongi couldn't think fast enough.

"I might know a place. Can I text you?"

"Perfect! Thanks, bro!"

 

So now, two hours in and Yoongi is still blankly staring at Seokjin, who has resorted to snacking on his guest lounge.

"Let me know when you're back," Seokjin says, a bag of chips in hands. "Also, it's been two hours. Ever consider stop being stupid?"

No answer.

He sighs.

At least he tries.

"Yoongi,"

Nothing.

"Have you texted Taehyung the place yet? He might be waiting,"

Yoongi nods but he's barely moving.

"Where did you recommend him?"

A mumble.

"Hah? Louder please!"

"French," Yoongi grumbles. "Jimin loves French."

"This isn't about Jimin. You heard him." 

Yoongi perks up at that, an invisible light bulb seems to have popped up above his head.

"You're right. Why isn't this about Jimin?"

"Hey, I didn't mean-"

"Clear my calendar. I have a cousin to stalk!"

With that, Yoongi's out of the office. He's acting like Seokjin hasn't already cleared his whole week.

 

-

 

When Yoongi makes it outside, he finds himself face to face with no other than Jimin who is dressed up and seems ready to go out.

Jimin raises his hand, which is halfway covered by his sleeve, and waves.

Yoongi coos at the sweater-paw. He can never get enough of it after all these years.

"Hi, hyung!"

Yoongi mirrors the gesture.

"Hi, Jiminie,"

Yoongi notices the light pink on the younger's cheeks and smiles to himself. When he's near, the scent of cherry blossom hits his nose. Sometimes Yoongi can barely hold back. He just wants to stay close like this always, so close that he can take in all the cherry blossom to himself. And it doesn't hit the same way either because he's tried getting himself scented candles and they just don't give the same feeling.

"You're leaving work?"

"Huh?" Yoongi forgets to listen. He stares for a moment, thinking of anything to say that doesn't answer whatever question he misses but also doesn't go too out of topic.

"You want coffee?" He points to his left—to the company cafe he frequently catches Seokjin at. Staff members get a 30% discount, but Yoongi? Yoongi gets free. "I'm getting a cup. You want one?"

"Oh,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter