Stolen

Darling (I wish it was me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The flight from Beijing has been delayed yet again, and Yoongi can't find it in himself to care anymore. The storm has hit the country a few days back and his plan to be back home by the end of the week is far from successful. His mother has called countless times, worried about the weather and warning him not to fight against mother nature.

'Don't be reckless, Yoongi. Home will always be here when you get back.' His mother's shrill voice has scolded him through the phone.

Home. He's not worried about home. For some unknown reason, he's restless about something else.

A person.

There's this unsettling feeling in his stomach and he can't quite put his finger on it. He's a Pisces after all and his intuition is never wrong.

He just knows that Park Jimin isn't happy at home.

"I'm not fighting mother nature, mom. Stop making this a big deal. I'm just trying to get home faster." Yoongi has argued back. "Can you at least check on Jimin for me? He's not answering my calls."

There's a pause from his mother's side, then a burst of soft laughter.

'Jiminie is probably busy. Don't worry.'

"Mom."

'Alright, sure. I'll tell him to call you back. It's not like he has a life of his own or anything.'

"Mom."

'Bye, my dear. See you in a few days."

"Bye, mom. I love you,"

'Ew.' His mother ended the call at that. 

 

-

 

Yoongi manages to get a flight back home on Saturday evening, and once he's landed, he just wants to sleep for a few days. His driver might sense that because other than offering a brief welcome, he's been quiet the whole ride. Once home, on the other hand, his little nephew can't stop pestering him on why he's back so late.

As if Yoongi has to be here on time for anything. 

"Welcome home!" His aunt appears with a drink. She ushers her youngest son to go play, and Yoongi frowns at her a bit. Isn't she supposed to be in the US? No one tells him she's visiting. "Get some rest. I'll bring dinner straight to your room."

"I'm not that tired, auntie." He tries to smile. It's been a while since he last saw his aunt and cousin and he doesn't want to miss this dinner. "I'll come down for dinner later."

"Sure, sure!" She smiles but something doesn't feel right. "See you at dinner, Yoongi ah."

He smiles, "Good to see you again."

 

-

 

The table feels empty.

No. The table is empty.

Yoongi expects to see his cousins' bickering despite one being 23 and another 9 years old. Instead, he only finds himself, his parents, and his aunt. No cousins in sight, nor his own nosy sister.

He steals a glance at his parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Min seem restless.

"The Beijing team will finalize the agreement and get back to us by Wednesday next week," Yoongi figures he can lift the mood up a little. He steals another glance at his dad and the elder man nods, more to himself, his mind somewhere else. "There's nothing to worry about, dad." Yoongi adds, "Everything is basically set."

His father nods again, "That's good. You have time for tomorrow, then."

"Time for?"

"Maybe wait until dessert," his mom chuckles but Yoongi can tell she's nervous. What would she be nervous for?

Yoongi sits up straighter.

"What's happening tomorrow?" He looks around the dining table and the three elders refuse to meet his eyes. Only then that he realizes the heavy knot in his stomach returns, his Pisces senses tingling. Whatever it is that they're not telling him—or not yet, he feels like he's not ready for it.

"What's happening tomorrow, mom?" He pushes one more time and the lady acts like she's in pain.

"It's-"

"-Jiminie's engagement tomorrow," his father ends the sentence.

Yoongi pauses, his breathing slows. He's letting the words sink in because he might have heard wrong.

He wants to hear wrong.

"Jiminie's what?"

The father looks to his eldest son, eyes sympathetic. "Taehyung doesn't tell you?"

"Why would Taehyung tell me about- about that?"

His mother sighs and places down her glass of water. She looks Yoongi in the eyes as she tells him, "Jiminie is getting engaged tomorrow, dear. With Taehyung." She pauses, "Your cousin."

As if Yoongi doesn't know the name of his own cousin.

 

-

 

Yoongi didn't manage to finish dinner before he stormed out of his house. As he's sprinting to Jimin's house, giving himself some time to let the information sink in. Jimin's living in the same neighborhood as he is. Matter of fact, they've been the best of friends first and foremostly thanks to how close they live nearby each other. Jimin doesn't like to admit it growing up but their block is one of the richest households in the area.

Yoongi halts when he spots the festive decoration on Jimin's front gate.

Jimin is getting engaged.

With his cousin who is suddenly back from the US.

Park Jimin is getting engaged to Kim Taehyung and it all happened while Yoongi was away for a week.

One week!

Once taken in a few deep breaths, Yoongi burst into the house without even knocking. There's a crowd inside, bustling left and right with duties and things in their hands. It takes Yoongi a moment before he spots the blond head sitting in the corner, a thick book in his hands.

Yoongi steadies his breathing before he approaches. 

Jimin looks up with his big eyes, a smile soon creeps over his feature as he takes in the sight of the elder male.

"Yoonie!" He calls, dropping his book as he stands up and wraps his arms around Yoongi. "You've made it! Your mom said you might not be here on time, but look at you now!"

"What's going on here?" Yoongi asks without returning the hug.

It takes Jimin a few seconds before he lets go and looks at Yoongi.

"I'm getting engaged," He answers so simply that it angers Yoongi a little.

"Since when?"

Jimin tilts his head, "Since... tomorrow?"

Yoongi hisses to himself as he reaches out and grabs Jimin by his shoulders. Jimin tenses at first, but soon he relaxes to the touch.

"Did my aunt force you?"

"What? No!"

"So Taehyung?"

"He's a baby, please."

"Then, what is going on? Why are you getting engaged? Why didn't I know about this?"

"Your mom said you were signing an important deal so I didn't want to disturb that with this simple news. Besides, now you know."

"Jimin-" Yoongi takes a deep breath. Simple news? Simple?? "You're getting engaged to my cousin and I have no idea. How is that simple? I-"

He pauses to calm himself down. Jimin seems confused and that only fuels Yoongi's anger even more.

How could someone be so clueless?

For the 23 years that he's known the younger, he admits Jimin is a bit naive but surely he can't just not understand his intentions. Not after years of showing it. Yoongi isn't a man of too much talking so he tries his best to show through his actions. How can Jimin not get anything? Back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter