Changed

Darling (I wish it was me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their wedding is in two weeks.

 

By their, it's Jimin's and Taehyung's.

Jimin shows up at Yoongi's house one early morning and says so casually that they're going to try on their suits.

Whose, Yoongi wants to ask for the sake of asking. But before he can, Jimin answers first as if he can hear Yoongi's inner thoughts.

"We had 3 suits tailored for the best men as well," Jimin looks around the house, eyes searching.

"Who is the last one?"

"My senior from college,"

"Does hyung know him?"

Jimin considers. Finally he replies, "Maybe not."

 

-

 

Turns out, Yoongi does know him. Matter of fact, this guy is his best friend to whom he tells everything.

Everything (read: Jimin).

Yoongi stares as Namjoon stares back, like that one episode where two spidermen are pointing at each other. Jimin looks between them, eyes questioning. Taehyung and Jungkook have already gone inside the shop, probably already trying on their suits and gush about each other. Taehyung would hate to miss this funny look on his stoic hyung's face.

"Yoongi?" Namjoon's voice is high as he regards his friend.

"You guys know each other?"

Both men nod, dumbfounded.

"Jimin's wedding," Namjoon says to himself. When he looks at Yoongi again, it finally dawns on him. ", Yoongi..."

Yoongi nods again, this time more to himself as well.

Jimin is still watching both of them doing their weird greeting or whatever.

"You guys know each other," he murmurs.

 

-

 

"We need to discuss a lot of things," Namjoon whispers once the shop assistant leads Jimin to the changing room. "I had no idea the world is this small, Yoongi."

"Tell me about it,"

"When you told me about this childhood friend you're in love with, I had no idea it's Jimin."

Yoongi looks around carefully, "Why don't you use a megaphone and announce it to the world at this point?"

Namjoon knows him all too well. He knows Yoongi uses humor to hide his pain, which is what he's doing at this moment as well.

"How do you know Jimin, by the way? Didn't you graduated a year after me?"

"Do you remember I had to repeat a few subjects because I lost a lot of credits?"

"Because of the swim club," Yoongi nods. "ing maniac."

"Hey! What did we agree about judging each other's hobbies?" Namjoon glares. "Anyway, I was in Jimin's class. We bonded over how stressful college was, and that's how I made a few friends with freshmen,"

"," Yoongi remembers, "Then you must know my sister, too! She had a few classes with Jimin as well,"

"What's her name?"

"Chaerin?"

"Ah, the Mint Cherry,"

This time, Yoongi glares.

"What? It's her nickname. Everyone calls her that!"

"I just didn't like your tone,"

"Come on, Yoongi!"

"That's my sister," 

"Enough about being a protective brother." Namjoon throws his hands up lazily. "Let's go back to the lovesick fool that is you,"

"I..."

"So," Namjoon clicks his tongue, "Look what we've got here. Who's marrying who now?"

"Sir," a voice saves him. Yoongi never looks so happy. He smiles at the shop assistant as she gestures for Namjoon to follow her. "Your suit is ready."

Yoongi waves his friend a temporary goodye.

 

-

 

All the bickering goes to waste as Jimin steps out and there's no blue or pink or gold he and Taehyung want. Jimin is in a milky white suit with silver stars embroided on one side of the jacket. It dances when reflects with the lights.

Jimin twirls around.

"Does it look weird?"

Weird doesn't even come close. There's a glow where Jimin stands, everything seems brighter when he steps out. When he checks himself in the mirror, brows slightly furrowed as he questions his own appearance, he doesn't notice that Yoongi cannot take his eyes off of the boy.

Yoongi gulps.

"You look beautiful, Jimin."

Jimin looks away briefly. When he turns back, he clears his throat.

"I mean-" Yoongi panics. "In your wedding suit. In white. Beautiful in white, yes." 

The younger nods, "Thanks, hyung. You haven't tried yours on yet?"

"They're working on Namjoon's,"

"Oh,"

Jimin looks at himself in the mirror again. A bit pale but he does look good. Maybe a little bland if not for the stars and the hairspray the assistant has put on him.

"I wanted a different color," he says as the thought comes back to him. "But my parents wanted white."

Yoongi nods. Jimin's the only son so his parents always want to have a say in his decisions. He knows that has been stressing Jimin out.

"So I made a deal with them," Jimin beams at Yoongi through the mirror. "They chose my wedding suit, I chose my own house."

Yoongi chokes on air. 

"You're moving out after the wedding?"

Jimin nods, finally a look of happiness appears on his feature.

"It's settled, hyung. I'm moving to Busan. I found a house and we're going to check it out this weekend."

"This weekend?"

"Yeah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter