Lost

Darling (I wish it was me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He should've seen it coming when he said yes. Or better yet, he should've said no.

Now he has to be here at the jewelry store watching Jimin going through the catalog for 'the best' ring for his wedding. Taehyung wants teal gems whereas Jimin wants a simple band, no diamonds, no gems.

"Teal enhances your skin tone," Taehyung argues. "If I'm gonna be stuck with one ring, why can't it be teal?"

"If you're using that," Jimin counters. "Why can't I have a simple band?"

"Why not get both?"

"We don't have to waste money for both rings, Taehyung."

"It's not wasting if we're using both," Taehyung turns to Yoongi without any warning. "Right, hyung?"

Being put on the spot like that, Yoongi doesn't have enough time to consider his answer so he just nods. When he looks at Jimin, the younger has resorted to staring at the coffee table, words forgotten.

In the end, their mothers picked Alexandrite diamonds, making all the debates go in vain.

Yoongi would've picked the simple band (just because that what Jimin wants). Maybe with their initials engraved on the inner part, also maybe with a vow of loving him forever.

Maybe something like 'I shall love you for as long as I live', nothing too much.

The moms decide to go get their dresses tailored and finally let their children off to do their own thing. Yoongi has never seen Jimin leaving a place so fast before. He's dragging Taehyung along by the wrist, the whole time mumbling something. And judging by the way Taehyung giggles, it must not have been anything serious.

But Yoongi can't help but wants to know whatever it is as well.

 

-

 

They go to a café to grab the first meal of their day. Immediately, Taehyung goes to place his order. Yoongi follows the quiet Jimin to a table. Jimin sits, sighs, then pulls out his phone and not once spare Yoongi a word. Jimin almost never not talk to Yoongi first. Well, maybe there were a few instances.

The first time Yoongi experienced Jimin's silent treatment was when Jimin was a freshman and Yoongi came back to their university for a charity event. Jimin was with some friends whom Yoongi didn't care to remember their names despite Jimin had introduced them prior, and he could swear the coldness in Jimin's attempt to ignore his existent still sends chills down his spine till today.

The second time was a prank suggested by his sister. It was for Jimin's surprise 19th birthday. Yoongi was tasked in tricking Jimin into thinking he had forgotten their plan of going to get ice cream together. He remembered the look on Jimin's face when he said (lied) that he was busy with work and couldn't accompany the younger. Yoongi also remembered the distance in Jimin's voice when he called later and asked him to come to the ice cream shop (where Chaerin had prepared the surprise) and how Jimin replied, "I'd rather not. I'm suddenly busy," and hung up.

And today—if he's really giving the silent treatment—will be Yoongi's third time. But well, third time's a charm, isn't it?

"So," Yoongi clears his throat. Jimin doesn't look up from his phone.

Yoongi gulps.

"Did you have a design in mind?"

He does look up, then, eyebrows slightly raised.

Yoongi continues, "A ring design."

Jimin's lips part in a small O-shaped. He takes a while before he answers.

"You mean how big I want my diamond?"

"I mean," Yoongi replies ever so calmly. "What makes you happy?"

 

-

 

"What makes you happy?"

Jimin thinks about that a lot, but he never really has an answer to it. Or rather, he doesn't know if he should answer that. Being truthful may not get him far right now.

"Simple things," he finds himself whispering. "You know."

He watches Yoongi nods.

"You've always the one to pick us among us anyway," Yoongi says. "Whenever Chae and I couldn't pick a flavor, you were already with your cone."

Jimin shrugs.

"So what do you want, then?"

"Anything else, really," Jimin says, "I never want a ring. Maybe a necklace. Or a bracelet. I don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter