Chapter02

From The Ashes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Dad?"

He was about to sleep when he heard Yena's mumble.She was standing on the doorway with a pout.

"It's okay, come here." He smiled and opened his arms but little girl was so close to cry and he could see that even when he was too sleepy.

"It's okay." Seungri repeated after the girl climbed on the bed and hugged him tightly.

"I know the all lights are on but..---I am sorry." She mumbled and Seungri sighed without saying anything.He closed his eyes again and her back softly.Actually seeing her like this was too hard for Seungri cause he knew she wasn't usually like this.She was a strong girl for sure, but few things she experienced messed her up and Seungri couldn't blame her for it.He just wanted her to stop seeing nightmares and get her self-confidence again.

They didn't talk much during the breakfast but Seungri knew she was upset.He loved her more than anything, that was the reason why he came back to this city and was trying to make things better for them.But he wasn't good at showing his love, that was why the moments they spent together were not so loud.Yena was getting more quiet every day and Seungri didn't know how to fix it.

"I feel so bored here." She whined as Seungri put her back in the waiting room.

"I am looking for a babysitter, I'm sure I will find one soon, alright?"

She nodded but Seungri knew she didn't want a babysitter, Yena wanted her mother: a part of her wanted the woman so bad as the other part didn't really want her.

"What are you doing here--"

"I tried to tell him chief but--"

"I am sorry." The guy who punched him yesterday was back, with his orange hair which made all the guys in there stare at him.

"What?" Seungri asked with a confused face and the guy rolled his eyes, not seeming sorry at all.

"Not to you." He walked towards the little girl before crouching down. "I didn't want to scare you." He smiled as he handed her the shiny gift package. "I am sorry."

Yena looked at the gift for a while and then lifted her head to see her father's approval.

"Your hair color is the same with my mother." She said after taking the gift, seeming a bit shy as she smiled while looking down.

"Yes, I guess that's why everyone is looking at me." He turned behind to glare at others and all of them turned back to their business.It made Seungri and Jun look at each other, this guy wasn't really normal.

"Thank you." Yena mumbled as she opened the gift and Seungri was surprised after seeing the lovely snow globe.It was such a cute gift for someone who was pretty aggressive like him.

Seungri was still looking at him with suspicious eyes when the guy smiled at Yena.

"Yena---let me see your gift." Jun distracted her and pulled her to the other side of the room.The guy glared at Seungri after Yena was out of the sight and it made him chuckle.

"I guess you are not here to say sorry to me."

"I will keep hating you because you saved my life." He said in a serious tone and Seungri sighed before shaking his head.

"What? Is it too weird for you to hear someone wanting to die?" The guy took few steps towards Seungri but he didn't even flinch. "Some people don't have a nice job like yours, a great family and a cute daughter." The guy said in almost a sad tone but Seungri chuckled at that.

"Go to hell." He said and wanted to walk away but Seungri grabbed his arm.He could see the worried looks Jun was throwing at him across the room but this guy definitely needed a lesson.

"Did you want to leave everything behind and have a sweet life with your loved one?" Seungri said in a calm and low tone as the guy glared at him, he didn't seem scared even though he was thinner than Seungri.He already realized the guy wasn't a scared cat after all, it was easy to say that since he had bandages on his wrists and had no worry to step inside a room like that with his shiny orange hair.

"I did that, do you want to know how it ended? With realizing my wife was abusing my daughter, with finding her locked in the toilet for a day." Seungri could see the thing changed in his eyes but he didn't care. "If you think that living is too easy for everyone, think again." He looked inside his eyes as the other kept glaring at him. "You should throw this away instead of coming here and punching me." He said as he took out the ring and put it on his palm. "You don't seem like a person who gives up so fast, just stop pitying yourself."

"Why didn't you throw it away?" He asked as he looked at the ring on his palm.

"Because you should do it." He said before turning his back at the guy and wanting to walk away because he hoped that the guy would understand what he meant.

"It's not that easy!"

But he obviously didn't.

"Some people are not that strong!" Orange haired guy yelled without caring about the other men in the room and it made Seungri sigh before turning back to look at him.He walked closer to him, not wanting others to hear this.

"Believe me, I was thinking the same thing when I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and was so ready to slit my wrists open." He said while looking at the guy and other seemed like he was listening very carefully.

"Dad! It's so pretty!" Yena called him as she shook her new toy with a smile.

"But I decided to live for this voice." He pointed at his daughter and took few steps away from him. "Finding something to live for is easier than finding a reason to die."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter