Chapter04

From The Ashes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Whoa! That looks so pretty!" Yena was so surprised and fascinated as she saw the beautiful sketch.They were sitting on their usual spot, now they had a spot in that cafe since they were spending a lot of time there.

"It's exactly the same!" She took the paper and placed it on the window.From their seat they could see a tree with pink flowers, right beside it there was an old bike and when Jiyong started to draw, Yena didn't expect it to be so good.

"Can I have this? Please!" She asked excitedly and Jiyong chuckled.

"It was for you anyway." He said as he grabbed his coffee and leaned behind the chair.

"Really? So can I...paint it?" She pointed at her crayons. "Or will it be ruined?" She asked, also seeming confused about it like she wasn't sure if she should use crayons.

"But it would look better if you add some pink flowers." Jiyong tapped on the tree sketch and soon Yena smiled, nodding before reaching for her crayons.

Actually he never expected a guy like Seungri to leave his kid with him.Cause Seungri was the one who saw him in that state, then he learnt about his boyfriend, they even had a talk about him being suicidal.A normal person wouldn't leave their kid with Jiyong in that state.It wasn't like leaving them alone, it had been a month since they started to 'hang out'. He learnt that Seungri kept Yena in the station since he couldn't find a new babysitter and Yena didn't really love that place.So it started with Seungri texting him, asking if it would be okay to have a lunch at the same cafe.It was mostly three of them since the station wasn't so busy lately.

After the first meeting he texted with Seungri more than an hour.It started with Jiyong asking if he would like to talk about Yena's problem.Honestly Jiyong thought Seungri wouldn't be willing to talk about it, he seemed like a guy who would like to keep everything to himself.But he got surprised as Seungri told him about the matter.Then he realized it had something to do with Yena's behavior towards him.Seungri wasn't lying when he said the girl never got close to anyone else like that.They didn't know what it was but she liked something about Jiyong and when Seungri asked if they could spend some time together Jiyong didn't reject it.He didn't have anything better to do anyway, plus he was kind of curious about Yena.Was it his hair color? She once said her mother had the same orange hair.Maybe it was because of his mickey mouse jeans, he thought.But he actually liked kids and since Dami was playing Sherlock with him, he didn't have any other choices.

For now it seemed like the best thing to do, for both of them.

"Can I have a coffee? Thank you." Both of them turned around to see Seungri when they heard his voice.

"You look like ." Jiyong said and Yena chuckled at that.

"Thank you, I would like to see your orange head after 3 hours of training." He said while sitting beside Yena.

"Oh, no thanks.I don't even run if I'm not getting chased." He said and the girl giggled again.

Actually Seungri's main idea was drinking a coffee and taking Yena to home cause he was dead tired and all he wanted to do was sleeping.But he didn't realize when the time passed as the three started to chat.It had been a month but they never talked about serious matters, so that's why both of them got surprised after Jiyong's artist identity was revealed.

It was the first time they talked about a lot of things, like the reason why Seungri chose that job, where Jiyong studied, why he didn't have a gallery or anything; they stopped after realizing it had been hours.

Jiyong didn't come everyday and Seungri didn't ask what he was doing when they were not together, cause they didn't have a relationship like that.They were friends, but a weird kind of friends since both of them tried to not step out of the line.

After that day Jiyong didn't show up for a week and Seungri was feeling anxious for no reason.

"Chief?" Jun looked at him suspiciously after watching him twirling his phone in his hand for 15 minutes straight. "Are you waiting a call?" He asked while sitting beside Seungri and he let out a sigh.

"Is it about the orange guy?" He asked, he knew about Yena's interest in that guy and the girl seemed much better if the weird guy was around.

"He is not answering your calls?" He tried again.

"I didn't call him." Seungri mumbled.

"He is not answering your texts?" 

"I didn't text him either--" Seungri turned at him. "We are not like close friends but---do you think should I send him a text? I don't know--He was struggling and..I just--"

"You are worried that something happened?" He tried again and this time he was right, he gained a nod from Seungri.

"Send a cat video then." Jun said as he stood up.

"What?" Seungri furrowed his eyebrows.

"If you don't know what to say cat videos always work." He said with a smile before walking away and Seungri kept staring at the phone for a while.

He was a simple guy, spending few days with him would be enough to realize what kind of life Seungri was living.But Jiyong wasn't like that, since he found the guy on the door of death, Seungri always knew his lines and didn't ask further.But even though they were not close friends, they were spending some time together and of course Seungri wouldn't like the fact that if Jiyong could just cut his wrists after having a coffee with them.

 

 

From: Orange

That was so cute ♥‿♥

 

 

Seungri got surprised with the fast reply, he was about to regret sending a cat video to a grown up man, he was about to have some crisis but Jiyong replied really fast.

 

 

From: Orange

Do you like cats? You were the last person I could expect to get a cat video!!!

 

 

Seungri furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the hell with exclamation?" He mumbled before typing.

 

 

To: Orange

I save more than 10 naughty cats everyday.

He texted back.

 

Jun was eyeing him from the other corner when Jiyong sent him 4 pictures without any warning.They started to text after he told him that he used to have a cat, she died after 5 years and he didn't have heart to have another one after that.

Seungri tilted his head after hearing a cough.

"Chief, we are done."

"Ooh--" Seungri looked at the big watch on the wall and realized it had been hours.He was still sitting on the red couch with the empty mug in front of him.

He checked the small room behind the counter and saw that Yena was still sleeping.She didn't sleep last night cause whatever Seungri did couldn't make her stop crying.She wetted her bed again but this time it seemed like her nightmare was worse, she couldn't calm down for hours.

He grabbed a new cup of coffee before going to his usual spot, only few people were there since the night shift started.He needed to stay there until the morning and he felt so guilty since Yena had to stay there with him.But he couldn't find someone else to take care of her and she was so nervous about wetting her bed, it was making her more and more insecure.

He was sitting around the table with other guys, leaning his cheek on his hand as he was watching the small TV on the wall.

But he got surprised when his phone buzzed.

It was 3 in the morning and Jiyong sent him a cat video.He smiled before typing.

 

To: Orange

Can't sleep? 

 

From: Orange

ಥ_ಥ

 

 

To: Orange

What's with that face?

From: Orange

It's crying, can't you see?

 

 

To: Orange

It looks stupid.

 

From: Orange

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

Seungri's lips curled into a smile.He looked around before typing again.

 

To: Orange

Would you like to come here? I'm in the night shift. 

 

He sent the text.

 

 

From: Orange.

Do you have enough coffee?

 

To:Orange

I can fill a tub with the coffee we have.

 

 

Seungri stood up when he saw a car parking across the street.He saw the slim figure walking out of the car, he was wearing black housepants with a big sized red hoodie and Seungri made a gesture to the security, quickly walking out.The guy was about to stop Jiyong but he nodded at Seungri after realizing it was his friend.

"I'm so excited, do you guys have secret parties in there?" He pulled off the hoodie and ran his fingers in his orange hair.

"Yeah yeah, we just eat snacks and fart all night." Seungri said as he opened the door for him and Jiyong chuckled while walking in.

"Hey!" He vawed at others as the guys looked at him, Seungri never brought any friends like them before so they were surprised to see the guy who punched him before.

"I thought you wouldn't be able to come, what did you say to your sister?" Seungri asked as he poured some coffee for both of them.

But he stopped when he saw Jiyong taking a picture, being sure that it showed Seungri's uniform.

"I told her that I'm coming to see you, she was about to lock doors and cry all night since she thinks I can stab myself any moment." He said as he sent the picture to his sister.

"Wow, you think fast for a small guy." Seungri teased and Jiyong rolled his eyes, taking his coffee from him.

He took him to his usual corner, they were done with checking equipment, cleaning around and exercises, so everyone was just being lazy around cause fortunately nothing emergency happened.

"So tell me, did you also think that I was dead?" Jiyong asked as he crossed his legs on the couch and Seungri sighed before sitting across him.

"Honestly, I was slightly worried."

Jiyong rolled his eyes at that, he knew the guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter