Chapter03

From The Ashes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I am sorry."

"It's fine--"

"I am so sorry."

"Hey, it's fine." Seungri looked at her after putting her bed sheets inside the washing machine.

"No it's not." She looked at him with her pouty lips. "It was the third babysitter and she left like others."

"It's fine." Seungri repeated as he leaned down to wipe her tears. "We will find someone else, Jun kept saying she missed you in the station anyway." He said with a smile. "Stop crying already."

"I am sorry."

"Yena, you don't need to apologize.It happened to me when I was a little kid, a lot."

"Really?" She looked at him as Seungri took him into his arms.

"Of course, it happens when you see a nightmare."

"Even when you are six? Like me?"

"Sure." Seungri took her to his room since he needed to get changed.He knew she was embarrassed about wetting her bed and he tried to brush it off but he also knew it wasn't normal at her age. "How about eating pizza tonight?"

"Okay." She mumbled as she sat on her father's bed with a sad face.Seungri really wanted to help her and he was trying, but he didn't know how to reach her.He knew she loved him, but her trust was broken because Seungri was late to notice the things her mother was doing to her.That was the reason why she wasn't compeletely opening up to him, she came to him at nights but she never talked about her dreams.

At least she still loved him, Seungri was holding on that.

"Hey man---what's wrong with you?"

"Sorry---did you say something?"

"I am serious, what's wrong?" Jun looked at him worriedly as he handed him a cup and he just sighed before grabbing it. "It didn't work out with this one too?"

"No." Seungri shook his head. "They keep telling me that she needs a professional help."

"Maybe she really does, man."

"I know---I know it but--" he sighed again, he really wanted to go for it but the last time he tried to take her to someone to talk she kept saying her mother told her that her father was going to leave her as well, because she wasn't good enough.

"Chief, there is someone--"

"Dad!" Seungri turned his head to look at Yena and surprised when he saw Jiyong standing beside her.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Jun furrowed his eyebrows.

"I have no idea." Seungri mumbled as he put the cup down and walked outside.

"Hey."

"Hey." He looked at the thinner guy and closed the door after noticing everyone inside was looking at them with curious eyes.

"I was wondering if we can have a drink."

Seungri got surprised and looked at him for few seconds.

"Dad---look at his pants!" Yena chuckled as she pointed at the mickey mouse pattern on Jiyong's jeans.

"Sure---but I need to stay close--how about that cafe?" Seungri pointed at the small cafe across the street and Jiyong nodded.Honestly he could sense that something happened, but he just waited until they walked in and sat on a table beside the window.

"Don't look around now but my sister was following me all around the city." Jiyong said as he kept looking at the menu and Yena seemed surprised, just like her dad.

"She wanted me to get some professional help and I told her I didn't need it since I hate getting treated like I'm crazy." He kept talking calmly and looked at the waiter when the young boy walked closer.

"I want an Americano." He said, looking at the little girl. "What about you?"

Yena quickly turned her head to Seungri and he felt bad about it, she used to talk without glancing at him in every second.

"Do you want an ice-cream?" Jiyong asked as he looked at the girl but she looked at Seungri again.

"You can have it." Seungri smiled, trying to brush it off. "Two Americanos and chocolate ice-cream please." He said at the boy before other one nodded and walked away.

"Why does she follow you?" He asked and Jiyong sighed.He seemed out of this world and it was the exact reason why the guys in his work place couldn't stop staring.He was wearing ripped jeans with a Mickey Mouse pattern on it and also had a black sleeveless shirt which seemed larger than his size.He had a lot of earrings, too many holes for a normal guy.He wasn't even talking about the fact that his fluffy hair was completely orange.

"Cause I lied to her."

"Lying is bad." Yena said and Jiyong nodded, leaning his arms on the table.

"I know, I also feel bad." He answered the girl. "She wouldn't stop insisting about me seeing a doctor so I just told her that I keep seeing the guy who saved me."

Seungri kept blinking as their orders came.

"Who saved you?" Yena asked curiously, she wasn't usually that talkative.

"Your dad."

"Really?" She got excited and looked at her dad before looking back at Jiyong. "That's so cool."

They both smiled at that.

"I thought if she can believe the fact that I won't----do bad things again.." He filtered his words since Yena was listening, very carefully. "--she would stop insisting."

"But she followed you since she sensed that you're lying." Seungri said.

"Exactly." Jiyong nodded. "I'm sorry to disturb you." He said softly like he really meant it and Seungri smiled, grabbing his cup.

"It's fine, I needed a drink anyway." He said gently. "How she understood that you were lying?" He asked after a sip, Yena was eating the ice-cream quietly.

"She just doesn't stop looking at me----her all attention is on me since.." He sighed again, giving a defeated look towards Seungri. "I just don't want to see any doctors."

"Me too." Yena said suddenly, her lips to clean the ice-cream on it. "My dad keeps wanting me to take to a doctor but I don't like it too.Doctors are scary, right?" She started to talk about it like it was such a nor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter