To Take or Not to Take?

Tomi Dracula
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon stared at the ceiling effortfully as she could barely keep her eyes open. The idea of encountering a vampire, or perhaps two made her fretful. The regular ticks of the clock failed to calm her down and somehow, worsened. It seemed like something else was mingled with the ticks. She rubbed her eyes to stay awake, paying attention to the strange sound outside. It was light and measured, something sounded like...footsteps. Imagining that the young mistress was approaching her room with a creepy smile and exposed fangs, Chaewon swallowed hard. 

 

Soon after, the sound arrived and paused, just outside her room. She tried to manage her breaths to pretend herself deep in sleep. The doorknob was turned and pushed open slowly, showing a pair of eyes. The girl lying in bed could feel the peep through the door. She froze and dare not to do anything. To her surprise, the door closed not long after followed by a patter of footsteps faded away. 

 

Everything got back to its origin, just like nothing had happened. Chaewon eventually heaved out a sigh of relief. It was like going through a fierce battle, her clothes were soaked by sweats and her mind was defeated by exhaustion. Although the situation was not proved to be safe, she was too tired to explore and analyse. What she craved for was a good rest, and then she would leave here, undoubtedly.

 

Layers of cloud scattered, showing a full moon underneath. A shadow passed by the windows but halted outside Chaewon's room. The eyes of the named human guest, half-lidded, showing a weaken state of consciousness. Her mind was almost drifted into the fantasy and out her alertness, while the unexpected guest outside was completely in reverse. 

 

The moonlight was softly shed onto the black-clothed woman, yet it failed to calm down her agitation. She stood on the balcony with her gaze landed on the sleeping human. Her eyes gradually coloured by redness, and a hiss raised beneath her steel mask. The intensifying pressure seemed to waken the sleeping human intangibly. Chaewon frowned and her eyes blinked slowly as she felt unwell. The haziness of view eventually turned into a sharp profile. She found herself like being restrained on the bed and impotent to move a bit. Her eyes widened when the figure raised her hand and scratched onto the surface of the window with her claws. The shrill noises tensed her nerves up and so did . She could not even scream for help. If what happened before her sleep was the appetizer of horror, what happened right now would be a destruction to her.

 

Suddenly, the black-clothed covered her head with a grimace shown on her face. She groaned and trembled in pain, stepping back to the edge. With a muffled growl, she jumped off the balcony and fell on the ground unconsciously. A brown-haired lady appeared to the scene from nowhere and paused in front of the black-clothed. She glanced at the window and then the girl, shaking her head slightly. In the blink of an eye, the two vanished into the thin air. The night turned into silent again.

 

----------------------------------

The bright light shined into the room through the window, shedding onto the face of the sleeping human. Chaewon frowned to the irritation and blinked slowly. The bed, the mattress, the decoration all round showed that she was not in her apartment. 

 

The sunlight continuing her attack which made the sleepy girl reached out her hand to the curtain, intended to get rid of the stimulation. A terrifying scene was araised from her memory when she looked at the window. She sat up on the bed instantly and touched her neck, checking if there were any punctures or wounds. 

 

Nothing.

 

All Chaewon could remember was the red-eyes stranger scratching her claws into the surface of the window, and then...she fainted. 

 

"Window...scratching..." She climbed up and checked carefully the window but failed to find out any scratching marks. "Was it just a dream?" She doubted.

 

*Knock knock*

 

"Chaewon-ssi?" Chaeyeon's voice raised behind the room door. "The breakfast was prepared."

 

Seemed like she needed to deal with these two suspected vampires first.

 

----------------------------------

Chaewon picked her first slice of pancake near and then put it down, back-and-forth. She was in the spotlight of today's breakfast that two pairs of eyes were staring at her glowingly. She had a bad feeling that she would be eaten after she finished her pancake.

 

"Don't you like pancake?" The human food admirer frowned and asked in seriousness.

 

"Ah...no, I'm just not used to eat with people around."...and stares. She weighed her words and kept the last part to herself. "Why don't you two have your breakfast?"

 

"I've finished mine." The blonde mistress saw the doubt in the redhead human eyes, she then further explained. "Human food is my snacks only."

 

"...pardon?" Chaewon stunned. 

 

"I have blood as my meal and human food as my snacks. I love both of them though." The young mistress continued calmly, subjectively ignored the paleness shown on the human face.

 

Chaeyeon or alias Feather just stood still behind, looking at her "baby" mistress with a heavy sigh. She was one of the "parents" who wrapped her baby in cotton wool, so she could not complain. Last night, she had kindly suggested her baby mistress not to expose the fact that they were vampires in a concern of the danger, but obviously, her baby mistress rejected the offer. 

 

"It doesn't sound suspicious to me, she was probably just pass through our world's entrance by accident." That was what the mistress responded last night after Chaeyeon’s explanation to her about the human's coming. Chaeyeon shook her head. She always appreciated her mistress being so kind and innocent, but they would also be the double-edged sword wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter