Chapter 1

The Magic In You

 

Taeyong’s heart pounded like crazy for some reason which even he did not understand. He did not want to. Not right now when he is walking fast...almost running through the empty halls of the school. He was glad that they were empty because the last thing he wanted was people to see the student council president running away like a bat out of hell, probably with someone following from behind. Taeyong did not bother checking if that’s true and kept walking...and running until he reached the door of the student council’s office. The deafening sound of the period bell rang right when he opened the door to the room.

Taeyong quickly jumped inside and closed the door behind him, locking it up without hesitation. Turning around he leaned back on it, trying to slow down his breathing and calm down his mind. For a few seconds he closed his eyes, but then...the scenario from earlier started to auto replay in his mind. 


 

...Ten minutes ago…

 

Taeyong was done with his job inside the toilet stall. Wearing his trousers back and zipping it up, he walked out. While directing his attention to tucking his shirt inside the pant waist, he walked closer to the washbasins. Suddenly the sound of a tap running made him look up because he didn’t want to collide with anyone who’s using it. 

Standing in front of him was a tall figure, with broad shoulders. The guy was facing his back to him so Taeyong could only see the man’s head covered with short black hair. Shrugging to himself, Taeyong moved to an unoccupied tap to wash his hands. While doing it, he couldn't stop sneaking a glance at the large mirror in front of them to see who is that person next to him. And Taeyong recognized the face at once. 

Kim Mingyu, from Junior year. Quite famous in the school for his build, good looks and his talent in basketball. So there was no reason for Taeyong, as the student council president to not to know the guy, as he is aware of many of the famous faces in the school. One being himself. 

 

"It's great to see you in person Taeyong sunbae"

Taeyong heard the deep voice coming from the guy he was just thinking about. It was normal for the juniors to greet seniors when met but why did he say ‘meet you in person’?

Glancing at Mingyu from the mirror Taeyong saw that the later is facing him, so he turned off the tap to turn to his right facing the other with a small smile on his lips.

 

"Uhm...Mingyu-ssi? Am I right? I think we have met ‘in person’ before" 

For some reason, Taeyong thought the taller man blushed, but it vanished in seconds as Mingyu let out an awkward chuckle, while nodding slowly.

 

“Yes, sunbae...but I did not get a chance to talk to you in the previous times…” 

An awkward silence lingered for a while after that but Taeyong was quick to break it.



 

"Bunking classes are you?" he asked casually, turning towards the wall to grab a tissue from the dispenser to wipe his hands. He could hear Mingyu chuckling again.

 

"No sunbae... Just having a washroom break"

 

Taeyong looked back at the tall junior and smiled once more. Then again, Taeyong had this weird feeling that Mingyu was looking at him in a strange way. The guy had sharp attractive eyes but for some reason, they were glued on Taeyong. Not wanting to feel uncomfortable Taeyong turned to his reflection in the mirror, quickly adjusting his hair, then his tie and shirt.

 

"The charity day was nicely organized, we all had fun. I heard that you played a big part in it"

Mingyu said again. This time Taeyong chuckled, his hand making a dismissive gesture. 

 

"It was a collective effort of the whole school Mingyu-ssi. Even your basketball team helped in a few things. Thank you for that"

He took one last look from the mirror and stepped back turning towards Mingyu, a smile plastered on his face.

 

"I'll leave first, don't miss your class Mingyu-ssi"

There was a quick flash of disappointment in the junior’s eyes which Taeyong noticed due to his talent in reading people’s gestures. But it was not the time to look into it. He had things to do.

Taeyong could only take one step towards the door when Mingyu walked into his path, blocking the way. The younger had an unreadable expression on his face. Taeyong looked up at Mingyu with confusion.

 

"Sunbae wait-" Mingyu stuttered, his eyes darting here and there as if he is trying to phrase his words. 

 

Taeyong looked at his watch and back at Mingyu's face, growing slightly impatient. 

 

"Mingyu-ssi if you have a problem you can visit me at the student council-" 

 

In the next moment, Taeyong felt something wet and warm, on his lips. It took him a few moments to realize what’s going on. The tall junior was kissing him. On the lips. Taeyong's mind went blank. His eyes turned wide as if they are going to fall off their sockets. The tips of his ears went hot while his heart started to pound like crazy. What the hell is this guy doing? He screamed inside his head trying to pull away but his body was not functioning at his will right now.

Mingyu is kissing him for more than three seconds already, and the younger’s wet soft lips gave Taeyong a wave of electricity running down his spine. A soft inaudible whine escaped his mouth in time he regained his senses. His hands pressed on Mingyu's (firm) chest, pushing the younger away from him with a great effort. Damn this guy is strong. But it made Mingyu break the kiss and stumble a few steps backward.

 

"WHAT THE HELL?" Taeyong shouted, his eyes glaring at Mingyu. How could a guy he barely knows kiss him out of the blue? What's his deal? Taeyong could feel the anger building inside him. Surprisingly fast for a cool-headed person like him. He glared at Mingyu as if he could kill the other with those looks.

 

"S-sunbae... Let me... let me explain-"

Mingyu took a step forward, his hands stretched towards Taeyong as he was going to hold his hand.

 

Taeyong didn't want to listen to Mingyu or to be touched by him at this moment. Burning with anger his clenched fist met the juniors cheek, hard and fast within a span of milliseconds. It made Mingyu lose his balance. Stumbling a few steps backward he held onto the wall for support while covering his half of the face, eyes squinted in pain. It must have hurt because Taeyong's fist started paining right after but he didn't wait to watch or talk. With a quick turn, he ran to the door, opened it and walked out faster. Heart beating fast, body heating up and mind gone berserk. 

 

 

...Present…


 

Taeyong jumped out of surprise when someone started to bang on the door he was leaning on making the door shake. A sudden fear crossed his head because he thought it is Mingyu. His heart started to pound fast for the nth time of the day. He closed his eyes, putting his slightly shaking hand on the doorknob. Praying it to be someone else behind the door, he unlocked the door to open it.

 

"What the hell Taeyong? I was standing here for ages!!!"

Yuta, the Student Council’s Vice President, came through the door with a pile of files on his hands, and a very visible frown on his face. 

Taeyong (secretly) sighed in relief while quickly closing the door again. But when he looks back at Yuta he saw the latter looking at him suspiciously. But all Yuta did was pushing Taeyong aside, walking towards one of the tables and dropping the stack of files on it with a loud thud.

 

"Oh don't get so angry man. I opened the door right after you knocked"

Taeyong tried to sound as casual as he can because he didn’t know if Yuta tried to call his name or knock before. 

 

"I kicked," Yuta said his frown growing bigger. "I kicked the door. Didn’t I tell you that I'll be going to the admin's office? Still, you couldn't hold it in, you locked the door and start to e huh?" 

Taeyong's eyes widened at his friend's word. Why the hell Yuta would think he was ing? 

"Mast- YUTA SERIOUSLY??" The president could not help raising his voice a pitch high since he felt like Yuta is falsely accusing him.

 

"Yeah seriously, or how else will you explain why the you locked yourself up in here?" Yuta crossed his hands while leaning to the edge of the table, one eyebrow raised at Taeyong. Taeyong did not answer. Then suddenly Yuta’s other eyebrow also raised and he straightened his back in a flash. 

"Don't tell me...you got a girl hidden here? You guys were having ..." Yuta tilted his head, eyes boring into Taeyong. And the later couldn't stand it anymore.

"Just cut it Yuta... There's no girl here and I was not...mastur...bating" Taeyong rubbed the back of his head in frustration. "I don't even know why should I justify myself to you...you are an !" He frowned at the other male who's having a playful smirk on his face and went on to sit on a chair next to him. 

"But you love me…" Yuta laughed a little and sat on a chair across Taeyong, taking a file into his hands and going through whatever is inside of it.

 

Taeyong felt relieved when Yuta did not question him anymore but he was not totally at peace. There was this embarrassing feeling in him every few seconds when he remembers the way Mingyu leaned to him, and kissed him. Then the way he punched him in the face. And how he ran away. Why did he punch the guy? He could have just pushed him away and run? Why did he kiss him in the first place? Does Mingyu have a thing for him?

 

 "So these are the files of the students Mr.Yun chose. We have to call them up for a meeting and explain the guidelines first. Someone should go to their classes to deliver the message so I think Jaehyun and Doyoung can do that. What do you think?" Yuta looked up from the file expecting Taeyong's reply. The other was blankly staring at a wall and Yuta knew that Taeyong wasn't paying attention.

 

"Taeyong…?" Yuta called once but he still got no response.

 

"LEE TAEYONG!" 

 

Taeyong jolted on his place at the sudden yell from Yuta not understanding why is he being loud like this. He blinked a few times before looking at the file on his hand then back at Yuta who's again squinting at him.

 

"Oh ummm...yeah great idea! I like it. Let's do it" Taeyong grinned nervously.

 

"Let's do what, exactly?" Yuta asked in a calm voice but Taeyong knew better.

 

"Do…" Taeyong darted his eyes left to right trying to find something to say.

 

"Don't you dare fool me Lee Taeyong-ssi. I know you were lost in somewhere else" Yuta threw the file on his lap onto the table and walked towards Taeyong.

 

"You...are ‘thinking’ about something very different from what we are doing" Yuta’s voice was frighteningly calm. He placed his hands on the armrest of the chair Taeyong was sitting, his whole face having that ‘don’t mess with me’ look. Taeyong scoots away on the chair as far as he could but Yuta was right in front of him. He gulped.

 

"Better tell me what it is or I won't let you sleep" Taeyong sensed the genuine threat in Yuta's voice and he was not kidding. Yuta will not let him go without making him confess all of his sins. No one can ever keep secrets from Nakamoto Yuta. 

 

Taeyong thought, maybe he should just tell Yuta about everything that happened and take it off of his chest. Yuta is someone reliable. Though he acted savage and sarcastic with their close friends, he never did something that is not supposed to be done. He is a man with a sense of responsibility and is really understanding. Taeyong knew that much about Yuta after being roommates and classmates for three years. Yuta is his best friend anyways. Maybe it won't feel too embarrassing to tell him about his unexpected kiss.

 

"Taeyong…"

Yuta's soft voice broke Taeyong's trail of thoughts and he could see the look of concern in his friend’s face. It put Taeyong at ease for a moment but he still couldn’t gather his feelings.

 

"Come on man... I'm getting worried about you here" Yuta whined like a kid, his lips turning into a pout.

 

"Just stop clinging on me and sit down... I'll tell you" Taeyong pushed Yuta softly so he would take a seat. Yuta sat down still leaning as close as he could towards Taeyong. 

 

After taking a deep breath, Taeyong finally explained what happened in the washroom earlier. It was quite difficult for him to describe the scenario without feeling embarrassed. He could feel his face heating up when it came to telling what Mingyu did. Taeyong did not look straight at his friend's face but he kept glancing at Yuta. To his surprise, Yuta’s face showed no expression and all he did was listen to Taeyong calmly.

 

“I wasn’t really sure if he is coming after me so I just...came here quickly and locked the door,” Taeyong said finally slumping his shoulders. He felt like something heavy was taken out from his chest as he sank into the seat he was on. Silence lingered between the two friends as Yuta said nothing at all and kept staring at Taeyong. 

“Why are you not saying anything?” Taeyong questioned while growing uneasy. He knew Yuta isn’t judging him by the way he looks but it made him nervous.

 

With few seconds passing Yuta silently straightened his back and offered his hand towards Taeyong. As the latter looked back at him confusedly, Yuta spoke casually. 

 

“Congratulations on having your first kiss Lee Taeyong-ssi” A wide mischievous grin broke on Yuta’s lips right after saying that and all Taeyong could do is frowning hard and kicking Yuta’s leg as hard as he could.

 

“You Jerk!!!”

 

 

...............................................................

Author's Note:

This is the first chapter fellas. I know it isn't much to keep your curiosity going. But don't you wanna know what happens next? Stay in touch. I'll upload the next chapter soon. Please let me know your ideas or criticisms in the comments. I would really appreciate it and will try to do better. Stay cool~

With love, Chan.