Part (4) - Looking Forward

Correcting Sins

These days, Wang Hao Xuan has been living in worry and fear of when Xueyang will be back. 

 

What he can do as of now is just wishing that he won’t meet the tall and fair guy from that day at canteen, again.

 

===

 

1 week has passed.

 

Song Jiyang and Li Bo Wen are out at a supermarket, buying things to cook for dinner.

 

Bo Wen: "A-Song... will you come with me to my department welcome dinner?"

 

Jiyang: "Why!? Am I your plus one?"

 

He asked while picking up tomatoes.

 

Bo Wen: "If that is a plus one invitation, would I be asking you? Think buddy!"

 

Jiyang is laughing softly.

 

Bo Wen: "I got to talk about you, as my roommate, with some ladies from my department and turns out that they are your fans."

 

Jiyang: "what? What do you mean?"

 

He is confused, so turns to him and asked to be sure.

 

Bo Wen: "I’m saying that those ladies are your fans, fans of the fashion designer Song Jiyang!"

 

Jiyang: "Ohh!! Haha... so, I’m famous?"

 

Bo Wen: ”Get over yourself. Just tell me are you coming or not? It’s this Thursday."

 

Jiyang: "..."

 

He is thinking whether to go or not while checking the expiration dates of bacon stripes packets. He is not the type of person who enjoys social outings.

 

Bo Wen: "Before you say no, I gotta tell you something. Science department will join our welcome dinner also."

 

With full of excitement in his eyes, Jiyang throw the bacon stripes packet that he was holding into the basket without even checking the dates.

 

Jiyang: "I wasn’t going to say no. I was just thinking what plans do I have for that day."

 

A-Wen is looking at him with an “Are you sure?” Look on his face. Jiyang hit him while laughing embarrassedly.

 

Jiyang: "Really... hahaha... don’t look at me like that. Let’s go buy seafood, ok?"

 

In his mind, he has already been wishing that the guy in white coat would come along too. He can’t really tell himself whether he is attracted to that guy because of how he looks in that white coat or because of his perfectly built nose bridge.

 

===

 

Wang Hao Xuan tried to say no for going to welcome dinner. But, his science department head had already left him no choice but to join the welcome dinner on thursday.

 

He doesn’t like to associate with people, especially with strangers. If his department head would cut his salary for him not showing up, he would have let him. But, now he said that he will be cutting the funding of his project which he had been working hard on.

 

(*People are so forceful*) he complained quietly.

 

===

 

TU Fanfic by 

Yamin Ohmar