Love Rides the Rain [ublished Date: May 7, 2015]

[Completed] Yongshin101 Fanfics Collection

 

They first met as a student when they studied abroad in University of Cambridge. She was on her way to watch a novel reading event by a famous novelist and he was supposed to be there to write an article for the university's newspaper when they bumped into each other, arguing to get a ticket sold by a young man at the main entrance of the venue because both don't want to tolerate with one another.

"I'm here to write an article for my university's newspaper not to see the novelist miss!"

"Aha! I'm here to watch my favorite novelist read the last chapter of my favorite book! You don't even want to listen to the novelist so what's the point of going to the event?"

"Didn't I mention just now that I'm here just to write a report about the event? Why not just read about it in my article then miss?"

"What the hell?"

And, just like that, the only ticket left was sold to another person due to their stupid argument.

They thought that they won't see each other in the future but fate has it again when he saved her handbag from a snatch thief when she was on her way back to her apartment. Since then, they have been good friends. From a 'thank you coffee date' to a 'real coffee date', they get to know each other and eventually develop feelings for one another. They fell deeply in love and no one can separate them apart.

"I love you Shin Hye. I want to marry you."

"Are you serious Yong?"

And just like that, he planned to make her his wife without even telling his parents about it. Well, both their parents. She waited for him the day they're supposed to get married but he never came.

He never came.

"Good morning lovely miss. This is a letter for you."

Her dreams shattered into tiny little pieces. He is not coming. He will never come. The letter says it all.

And with that, she left.

Five years later, when Yonghwa was buying a bouquet of red roses at a flower shop, he was approached by a young girl aged around four years old and was surprised when she holds onto his fingers and was crying because she was lost.

"Hey, young lady. Why are you crying? Are you lost? Where's your mommy?"

She was quiet when he scoop her into his embrace, hugging his neck as if not letting him go while he search for her mommy everywhere around the street. Yonghwa was surprised when he heard a woman crying out a child's name not far from his place. When he turned around, he was surprised to see that familiar face.

Searching for that child in his embrace to be precise.

She was Shin Hye. Park Shin Hye.