Love At First Bite

Cross My Heart, Hope You Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai muttered under his breath as he entered the living room. He really wished he hadn’t made this deal with Sehun. But, on the other hand, no one had ever cared enough to ask him about his life. Not that he’d ever let anyone get close enough to, anyways.

 

Sehun had made up a makeshift pallet on the floor with blankets, pillows, and couch cushions. The only light was coming from the oil lamp on the coffee table and the dim static of the television.

 

Sehun startled when he noticed Kai standing in the doorway. “Oh! I didn’t see you there!” He chuckled. “I hope you don’t mind, but I figured we could watch some old horror movies.”

 

“I… sure…” Kai caved softly. He figured putting up a fight would only postpone this nuisance.

 

Sehun smiled and motioned for Kai to join him on the floor. The human adjusted the TV settings and a black and white movie began to play. Kai recognized it instantly.

 

“Bride of Frankenstein?” Kai asked in wonder, a small smile on his lips. “I haven’t seen this movie in over eighty years.

 

Sehun smiled softly. “I was hoping you’d like it. Humans these days have film festivals dedicated to older movies like this. We call them cult classics.”

 

“I’m… I’m honestly impressed, Sehun. This is pretty cool.”

 

“So… this kind of brings me to my first question,” Sehun said sheepishly.

 

Kai sighed. “Go on.”

 

“How long have you been trapped in this house?”

 

“Going on sixty-one years. You know, I was there for the original showing of this movie,” Kai grinned.

 

Sehun beamed. “That’s amazing!”

 

“I guess being old does have its perks,” Kai chuckled.

 

“So… what happened that the Devil decided to lock you in this house for the rest of eternity?”

 

The smile on Kai’s face faded. “I disobeyed him.”

 

“I guess he really isn’t a very forgiving person.” Sehun poked his lip out.

 

Kai sighed. “That he is not.”

 

“How old are you actually?” Sehun asked softly.

 

“I was born in January, 1772.  I’m 247 years old.”

 

“I would have never guessed. You don’t look a day over 25,” Sehun teased gently.

 

Kai smiled at that. “And you don’t look so bad yourself.”

 

Sehun blushed and cleared his throat. “How is it that you can fly through walls? I thought that was a ghost thing.”

 

Kai scoffed. “I can do way more than a lousy ghost. I am a spawn of hell, after all. I can also turn into other beings. Some too scary for even your nightmares.”

 

“Can you turn into a cat? I like cats.”

 

Kai squinted and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter