Acceptance

Freedom with a price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

—When you love a person , you don’t love them just because of their perfections & strengths, you will accept their weaknesses as you accept & love them for them. 

 

They were having their breakfast whilst Seungri scrolled through his phone checking comments and fan accounts. Jiyong knew that and there was no stopping this. In the past, Jiyong would take away his phone making excuses that Seungri spent too much time away and too much time talking to his business partners, demanding more of Seungri’s attention. Normally Seungri would be that yielding and chuckled handing over his phone. 

 

Jiyong peeked over at the screen and saw Seungri looking at Instagram comments such as “Criminal, clown, you deserve to rot in jail...”many other nasty comments and Seungri was absorbing it all. Was he really absorbing all this and punishing himself saying he deserved this? This was the man who spent his time whilst the hyungs were enlisted to cheer fans up and fill their timelines with happiness, what were they doing in return? Offering hate, chiding him, saying he didn’t deserve to tarnish the name of Bigbang? He was the one who carried the name of Bigbang when there was a worry of a gap period where no one in Bigbang was active. Jiyong didn’t blame him and instead gave his blessings. 

 

“Why do you bother looking at such comments? They have hated you from the start, this situation enabled it. Yes they might have claimed to be your fans, but at the same time those loyal fans we know of are those who last through our multiple scandals throughout the years & we know the few loyal ones we see in the audiences of our concerts/fanmeets. If I were you I would switch off these comments or at least not check what others are saying” 

 

“Jiyong.... you know that I can’t”

 

“Learn to. Try to. You mean you are still going to try to please these people? What more can you do? 제발~”

 

“Jiyong~ I...”

 

“아~ 됐어~ 그만좀해(trans: Ah~ that’s enough~ drop it~)

 

Sighing, he knew what was going to be said right when Seungri puts down his phone and looks over with a disappointed and sad frowning face,

 

“Jiyong, why do you still love me? Why don’t you hate me like the rest of them do? You know my weaknesses yet you are still here...”

 

“You know clearly why, loving you in not only the good but the bad times. If people outside can’t love you past that image you portrayed & accept you for your flaws, are they even deserving? Everyone has weaknesses, don’t come to tell me you’ll leave me just because of me not fitting into a certain image you had of me. Seunghyun ah, that’s how you can differentiate the fake from the true friends. Ones who stuck by your side when others warned that there was no hope for me and the labels of being a criminal back then. You were there for me back then, I’ll be here for you.”

 

Pouting, he sulks in reply “so you’re only here because I was there for you at your lowest? What a good Boyfriend you are.”

 

“바보야? 야그게아니라. (Aren’t you being foolish? Yah that’s not what I meant.)”

 

“Hyung, I was messing with you. 알아~ 괜찮아~내마음속에권지용~~~~🎶↗️(trans: I know~ it’s ok~ the number 1 in my heart is Kwon Jiyong~~~~~~🎶↗️)” giggling whilst singing that line he proudly sang in his solo concert, Jiyong smiled widely with his gummy smile & tackled that silly boy into his arms, whispering “사랑해승현아~ 힘내~(trans: I love you Seunghyun ah~ stay strong~)”

 

Seungri knew that by always being in that constant negative train of thought it wasn’t gonna help one bit. He’d rather be the one cheering the atmosphere up, and entertain his Boyfriend with his jokes, avoiding talking realities because in his eyes reality didn’t seem that colourful anymore. It was a mere one shade of black. But somehow thinking back to Jiyong’s painting gift to him, he always seems to be able to see the many colours behind the shade of black that Seungri always saw. Seungri didn’t understand that and maybe he never will.

 

Jiyong figured Seungri would still be hounded by many thoughts of ‘why this and that. Why are people still supporting a bad person like me’ Besides that he knew no matter how much  loved ones emphasised that the whole situation wasn’t caused by him and that he clearly did not know what was going on behind closed doors as he was a mere investor and visual face of the businesses he represented.  Seungri will always blame himself and accept the blame of others that it was entirely his fault. Seeing Seungri deflect a serious conversation was an indication that maybe yes it will be better to discuss possibilities of the future together rather than facing a reality like that alone. He knew that in time when Seungri was ready a serious conversation was what they were going to have. But maybe for now, Seungri just wanted to cheer him up and feared being a spoil sport because after all he’s celebrating Jiyong’s recent release from the army. What Boyfriend wouldn’t want his other half to pout and sulk over their situations, they made the most of the precious time together.

 

“Cmon Hyung, let’s watch a movie or cook something together! Jjambbong! Wanna play hide & seek with Iye?”

 

Seeing Seungri happily giggling when he saw Iye jumping and tackling Jiyong’s neck, it’s been w while since that genuine giggle was heard. And it felt so good that he was there to witness his happiness. The doorbell broke the state of deep thought Jiyong was in, and he went to open the door. There he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter