The wood pigeon, chapter 4.

The Wood Pigeon

The wood pigeon was a very rare bird in Minho's country, and more people started to realize that. What they didn't realized yet, was that the pigeon had a very special gift along side him. That gift was; talking to and understanding humans. If the bird would think you were special, he would stay with you and along side you for protection and comfort.

Taemin knew that, he always did. But the bird had also another function, that was 'warning'. A function that Taemin fully ignored, because he had never heard of it before.

Minho was gone to get some bananamilk for Taemin, he insisted himself to go, and that made Taemin all alone in their room. He sighed. A pigeon sound made him glare up. He smiled when he saw Minnie that sat on the nightstand and shoke his feathers out. When he was done, he went over to Taemin and made a few noises that Taemin had never heard before. He frowned.

“What is it, Minnie? Is something going to happen?”

Again, those weird noises. Taemin shook his head at the bird. “I have no idea what you mean, Minnie. I-”

The door opened. Taemin stopped in his sentences as he looked up to the door to see Jonghyun standing there. He hadn't said a thing, when Jonghyun bent forward, grabbed his arm and took him with him.

---------

With the bananamilk, Minho walked with a hum back to their room. Even though his parents and Yoogeun's lost was still hurting him from inside, he was aware of Taemin's presence and knew he had to leave the past behind. In his dreams, he had plans. The plans were innocent and able to do so. There was only one thing to do and ask, and that was Taemin's agreement. Would Taemin live with him in their own house, happily, and maybe with a pet or their own adopted child? He hoped so. Minho was actually thinking of asking it to him after he had given the milk. So he prepared himself and smiled a big smile.

He past the room from the staff.

“Okay. Which kid is it this time, that I have to pick up?”

Minho stopped in his tracks and walked back. He glared at the door, and heard the painfull words. “It's a boy, and his name is Lee Taemin.”

His heart frooze. He couldn't think of anthing, until he heard footsteps from the other room, coming into his way. He quickly turned away and moved around the corner before the door opened and Jonghyun stepped outside. The man looked at his left and right, before walking away. Minho bit his lip when he peeked around the corner, and thought of a way of getting sooner by Taemin than Jonghyun.

An idea popped up inside his head. That's it, I can use the other stairs! He didn't thought further and ran over to the other stairs (they had 2 stairs on each side of the building). With his long legs, he ran with the bananamilk in his hands to the fifth floor. He threw the door open and saw nobody, passing or walking by. His heart gave hope. His head lead him to their room and he stopped when he grabbed the side of the wall and looked inside.

Empty. The room was empty.

 

At that evening, the wood pigeon hadn't come by and seemed gone as well. Everything said enough for him. He was gone, too.

 

3 years later

 

A year past by, and war had end when peace was back again. People were still having parties from the end, but Minho didn't wanted to celebrate it. Yes, he hated war, but he still wasn't in the mood for celebrating, after three years.

He was 20 and was a fully grown up man. He had thought back of the orphanage, many times. And when he did, he felt stupid. Stupid to think of the wrong truth. Taemin, his brother Yoogeun and the others weren't just 'gone', as in dead, but adopted into wealthy and rich families that could give them a new life. He felt stupid for crying his eyes out and struggle against Jonghyun when he got carried away to the 'light of Heaven', too.

Because behind that door, stood a nice and good looking family. They were smiling at him and had shook his hand with soft caring and meaningfull words. They ressured him and comforted him. They were his next family. And he hadn't wished for a better one.

He had everything he wished for, and finally could go to a real school for real lessions.

Well, he didn't had everything. His wish to see Jinki, Kibum, Yoogeun and Taemin back was something he had in mind all the time. He sighed when he sat in his room and looked outside the window. The rain that fell on the window made him think back of the night that changed everything. The night that Yoogeun was still there, and that they had lost their parents. How tragic and sad..

“Minho?” his foster parent, Yoona, asked behind him. He gave a 'mmmh' with his mouth, as a 'yes?' and waited.

“Minho, I saw a poster on the street the other day. There will be a meeting in the old orphanage for the people that had been there and lived there. The name of the orphanage, was the name from where we have picked you up, Minho.”

 

He swallowed loud. There he stood, wearing normal jeans and a plain shirt, while he looked up at the orphanage. He breathed out and it, and felt the hand from Yoona on his shoulder. There were so much memories in that building. He had always thought of them, and now it was time to face them.

Together, they stepped inside and immediately got surrounded by unknown people.

Minho's eyes wandered around. They stopped when he saw a man that had the looks of a dinosaur. Jonghyun? He smiled. Yep, that's him. Except for his haircolour, he hasn't changed a bit.

His eyes began looking around, again, and he stopped at a bubbly boy that smiled up at a woman. He frooze. The world seemed to go in slow motion when the boy blinked and resembled so much like him, when he was the age of 8. He saw Yoona in the corner of eyes. She gave him a soft push forward. “Go to him.” she nodded to the boy and smiled. Minho reacted with a smile, too.

Just when the boy met Minho's gaze and smiled. Like it was a normal thing, he ran into his direction and cried. “Minhoooo hyung!” Minho bit his tears back and ran forward. He grabbd the boy and threw his younger brother in the air, both their screams coming out of the other noises. They hugged and cried from happiness.

“Hyuuuung,” Yoogeun sobbed, “is this really yoouu?”  Minho hiccuped and quickly his own cheeks dry, before answering. “St, Yoogeun. Yes, it's me. My god, it's been so long.” And Yoogeun nodded in agreement, holding his brother like his life depended on it. After a few seconds, the two let go, not knowing that everybody around them had went silenced, and Minho sat down on Yoogeun's eyelevel. He smiled. “You've growen so much, Yoogeun-ah.”

Yoogeun nodded, and smiled when Minho dried his cheeks with his thumbs. They stayed silenced, until they hear a soft noise above them. Minho looked up and stood up straight from the flying object in front of him. A bird. A pigeon. A wood pigeon

He opened his hand and let the bird land on his hand. He gaped.  “M-minnie?”

The pigeon made the familair noise and shoke his feathers, before he flew up and passed him by. Minho let his arm fall, as Yoogeun followed the bird with his glare and smiled when he pointed up to somewhere behind Minho. The words Yoogeun spoke weren't heard by the elder man. But the soft voice that called him, did.

In slow motion, he turned around. He blinked when he turned his face to the direction Yoogeun pointed at.

A meter away from him, stood a beautiful boy with a bird on his shoulder. He looked at him, and the gaze he was giving suddenly brighten up, as the eyes sparkled.

Minho gasped, recognizing that glare. “T-tae.. Taemin?”

Silence fell. You could hear a pin drop.

Until the boy smiled slightly. “Minho..”

No more words were said, when they both ran forward and hugged each other a passionate hug. Taemin started crying as he hide his face into the crotch of Minho's neck, while Minho could only let his own tears fall down without any noises, and caressed Taemin's hair.

The sobs were heard through the silent room, and Jonghyun smiled when he suddenly started to clap. Yoona followed after, standing beside Jinki and Kibum that did the same and the sooner or later, everybody around them clapped from the beautiful meeting.

 

They were together again.

The boys, that really were a gay couple and they admitted that, decided to move in with each other into their own home. They had the pigeon Minnie as their pet and symbol for their love, and visited both their foster families a lot. They were happy as ever and always had eye for only each other.

And nothing could seperate them, ever again.

 

♦ The End. ♦

 

-------------------

B's Note: This was the story, The Wood Pigeon. Was it GOOD? I posted this story because this story was one that helped me improve with my writing skills (I think), so yeah. x'D I don't know if I should do this kind of writing style again, but we'll see that in the future. For now, I'm tired. ~_~ See you all SOON <3 Bye! With lovely greeting, Byoleta.