001

Better Together


"So are you really dating each other?" I asked him teary eyed.

 

He remained quet with his head bowed.

 

"Please speak up... Honestly I don't know what to do anymore.... You told me that everything you're doing is for us... Our future together... I thought we were okay? We were having fun last night and then the very first thing I saw this morning is that you are dating this girl"

 

"Please Minyoung... please just listen to me"

 

"I am very much willing to listen but you aren't saying anything... What do you want me to do?"

 

"It's my fault, I'm sorry"

 

"What are you trying to do here? Of all people, really... You chose her? MY OWN FREAKING COUSIN"

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

"Really? You're sorry? You just ing confirmed you're dating my cousin already and in those past months, we are still sleeping together, going on dates, we're still a couple. What do you expect me to do? I thought you were really different. You promised to be different from all of those men in my life. You said you'll never hurt me, that you'll never ever cheat on me but you broke my heart."

 

"I'm sorry... I really I really don't deserve you Minyoung..."

 

"Please just go, Never look at me, Never ever come near me again. If we see each other during music promotions, walk past me and pretend that we never happened."

 

"Please don't do this to me"

 

"I stood by you when you needed me. When everything was falling apart I stayed with you and helped you get back on your feet. Please extend my message to her in case she became confused why I refused to talk to her."

 

"Please don't cut ties with her, it would kill her."

 

"You should've thought of that before you made her a mistress in our relationship. I love her with all my heart because she's my family but after everything that happened with you... I'm really sorry"

 

I went to our once shared room and packed all of my clothes.

 

I ignored his protest and just focused on packing my bags.

 

He just threw away five years worth of relationship just ike that.... 

As if it didn't even bother him.

 

Fr: Bubba
Minnie I'm so sorry you have to find out about it in the news. Oppa's schedule never matches with your free time. I want my favorite person to meet the man I love.

 

To: Bubba
Can I pass? I realy am not in the mood to meet up with somebody right now.

 

Incoming Call...
Bubba

 

"Are you okay? I can feel you're not feeling so good right now" She said quickly

 

"Honestly, I'm not. I am devastated. The boyfriend I was telling you about... I found out he was cheating on me today"

 

"That jerk... Please meet me in the café near my dorm."

 

"bubba..."

 

"Please Minnie"

 

"Fine"

 

I finished packing and went back to my own apartment unit.

 

A place that I haven't been to in almost 5 years.

 

I left my unpacked bags in the corner of my room and went to the cafe she was talking about earlier.

 

Truthfully, I don't know how to feel about meeting her right now. I know it wasn't her fault, she didn't know we weredating because he wanted to keep our relationship as a secret to everybody especially my family. I didn't understand it then but now it all make sense.  

 

When I entered the café, my feet wanted to turn back and run outside.

 

My eyes went wide in surprise and so did his. 

 

"You're here... I'm so sorry that you have to meet each other like this. Daniel meet my best friend and also my cousin, Minyoung. Minnie meet my boyfriend, he's the center of Wanna One, Kang Daniel"

 

I nodded at her without sparing Daniel a glance.

 

"I need to go" I told her she looked at me in shock and held me back.

 

"NO SIT DOWN. I really want to talk to you minnie. I know you're upset and if I let you go home, you'll definitely just sulk on your own. Now tell me what did that ex boyfriend of yours did to you" She said fuming.

Daniel gulped and looked away

 

"No it's okay. I'm okay bubba. He's a cheating but that's about it."

 

"If you're just feeling awkward because Daniel is here, don't mind him. What did that guy do to you?"

 

"He cheated on me and I just found out today"

 

"That's really mean of him to do that. You are a great girl minnie, you don't deserve to be hurt like that. Do you at least know the girl?"

 

"I do"

 

"Then why are you not strangling her? If I were you I would've done that to her. No girl deserves to get cheated on, Epecially if its you. You're the nicest person I know Minyoung."

 

"I'm not that kind of person and I can't bear myself to hurt the girl. I just can't"

 

"Niel don't ever cheat on me okay? I really can't imagine how much Minnie is feeling right now. Please never do that to me"

 

He smiled and nodded at her.

 

LIAR

CHEATER

 

I wanted to exclaim and tell her everything but this is the happiest I've seen her.

 

I can't take her happiness away from her.

 

"Can I please go now? I see that Im interrupting your date" I told them still uneasy

 

"Already??? I want you to hang out with us, to get to know Daniel as well"

 

Trust me my dear cousin, I know him better than anyone else.

 

"Maybe next time" I said faking my smile

 

"Okay fine.... Did you bring your car with you?"

 

"Yeah I did I'm parked just a couple of blocks away from here"

 

"Have a safe drive" She waved happily.