chapter 3

Spartoi's mate Kangjun- An STF story

Joss squealed in surprise as Ceza, Bobby and Meg suddenly materialized in her office.

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Ceza apologised as she reached out to grab Joss'  hand, " I didn't mean to startle you. We just didn't want anyone to know we were here. You ok?"

Joss blinked, then nodded, " yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. But, the kids, the fever just keeps getting higher."

" This is Bobby," Ceza said, " he's a doctor. Is it ok if he takes a look at them?"

Joss led them to the other room sectioned off by a curtain where the three children were laying in a cot, two of them sharing the one.

Bobby sat on the edge of the bed and checked the childrens vitals in silence, the frown on his face slight but still noticable to anyone that knew him. Once he was done he bopped the kids on the nose and grinned at them, " alrighty, I'm all done poking and prodding. You can go back to resting."

Making sure that they were in a nice calm restful nap ( by virtue of a little nap magic), Bobby signalled to Joss and Ceza so they could talk quietly outside the room. 

"I'm not quite sure what they've got, but I do know that it's contagious, and it is definitely the same thing that the lil one's back at camp have. We should definitely keep them in quarantine for now, lot's of fluids and rest, and watch for fevers" Bobby said quietly, but with a calming smile on his face so as not to freak Joss out. 

" What about the rest of the kids in their classes?Should I be worried about them?" Joss wanted to know.

" I think right now it would be best to worry about them yes. Now. Would you please kindly take seat for me so I can give you a quick check please?" he said.

" I..oh I'm fin..." Joss didn't even get to finishing the sentence before Bobby was levelling her with a look. The look succesfully shut her up and had her taking a seat so Bobby could give her a quick check. While he did that he asked Ceza if she could call either Chief or Robby for him and let them know that Bobby was going to need a small team to come over.

Ceza made the phone call, passing the message along, then relaying chiefs response that he would send his " PR extraordinaire team" over. 

The PR extraordinaire team was ironically composed of some of chief's best trouble-makers.

Chief hung up and run his hand over his face. 

" Not good news then," Junmyeon said from across the table, and chief nodded giving Junmyeon a quick rundown on the situation at the school. 

" I need to send a team, preferably one I can trust to keep little people calm and charm worried parents into not losing their damn minds," chief said.

Junmyeon burst out into laighter at that and chief sent him a dirty look in response, because yes, the irony was not lost on him.

"So who you gonna send?" Junmyeon asked once he'd calmed down.

Chief sighed then reached over to call for a quick meeting in the 'war-room'. It took him a second to figure out why the room didn't look quite as full as it usually did.  With every single parent that had been in contact with the sick babies in quarantine, chief ended speaking to about half as many people as he otherwise would have.

" I just heard back from Bobby at the school, he said he needs a team to meeting him there. In light of last night's event's i'm going to be super cautious and work on the premise that we have an impending outbreak-"

" We do," Neesi interrupted as she joined them through speaker phone. "Every human in this building under the age of 16 and about a quarter of those of us  over the age of 30 are symptopmatic. The tests just got done,"

Chief run his  hand over his face and tried, unsuccessfully to stifle a sigh, " Neesi, are you telling me that I just lost a quarter of my workforce?"

" For now, yes," she replied, " speaking of which, " Minseok, Jaebum, Zelo, James, Medusa, Djinn, Hakyeon, Yonghwa, Harmony, Sylphy, Bo-gum, Tali, Crux, B.I, Nichkhun, Teacyeon and Robby, I'm  going to need you to come put yourselves in quarantine please. You all tested positive. And before you argue with me, every second you spend with fols that haven't tested positive is a second you are potentially infecting them."

That the names called stood up and left the room with no arguement was testament to the seriousness of the situation. 

"You still need to send a team over to the school chief," Junmyeon said softly.

Chief pursed his lips in thought for a second, then said, " Alright, Eric, Sam, Chanyeol, will you please go join Bobby at the school. "

" Um..chief?" Rae-lee said speaking up quietly.

Chief turned and smiled at her " yes Rae-lee?"

" Um, do you think that we maybe should send a couple of the over 16 but under 30 with them, since they so far are the only demographic unaffected." she suggested.

The things that chief and Junmyeons faces did were absolutely hilarious.

" I'm not ready,"  chief whimpered, while Junmyeon visibly curled inwardly on himself.

" So Shawn and Drew then?" Eric asked somberly.

Junmyeon whimpered.

" Yes, but Leo, go with them as well please" Chief sighed.

Leo, Sam's oldest son and defacto leader of the nut squad teen edition( defacto because he was the only one that didn't think he deserved the title) nodded and stood up to leave with his uncles.

Chief waited for them to leave before slumping back in his chair and muttering, " I can't believe I just sent Leo to keep that lot in line." 

" He'll be fine, besides he's the only on the teen edition of nut squad that has medical background," Junmyeon offered calmly. Then he snorted. Then snorted again then laughed so hard he gave himself a headache.

" Oh, poor Leo," someone whispered " that poor, poor child."

Chief sighed once more and run his hands over his face. 

" Chief?"  April said and chief sighed and nodded. Yeah. He was aware.

" Alright then, so what are protocols for epidemics?" he asked, " and we should probably get the minister of public health in here."

" I'll get on the phone," April said already standing up.

" Cai-li," Kangjun said turning to her, " I know it's one hell of an initiation but you and I should probably go ahead and starting figuring out how we wanna handle this while we're waiting for the rest to show up to this meeting."

Cai-li nodded and stood, " I'm just gonna go get my laptop and reading glasses. Meet you in your study in 15."

Kangjun nodded, turned to say something to Medusa, then realized that she wasn't there. She was in quarantine. 

"Aw hell naw." he growled, as the gravity of the situation hit him anew, " I will not. Have sick babies on my watch. Yongguk. This is a ing order. Please go see Medusa for a minute."

Yongguk looked hella confused, but considering the tone of voice his commander and king had just used on him and the fact that he'd made it a whole order Yongguk knew better than to ask questions. He went in search of Medusa. 

" Dare I ask what that was about?" Chief asked with one eyebrow raised.

" That was about Yongguk and his potent ," Daehyun replied, " very. potent ."

" Ah, I see," chief said. 

 

Meanwhile Sam, Eric, Chanyeol, Shawn, Drew  and Leo had made it to the school to assist Bobby. Sam and Chanyeol were talking to the principal and school counselor while the rest split up into three teams. Leo and Joss, Bobby and Eric and the last team comprised of Shawn, Drew and Ceza.

Leo, Joss, Bobby and Eric quickly and discreetly went class by class giving all the kids and staff a check up, while Shawn,Drew and Ceza set up in the library office and made quick and efficient work of keeping the records that the two medical teams reported back through their skin toned and hidden in their hair comms units. 

Within 3 hours, it was quite clear that about half the school was symptomatic, and it wasn't even secluded to the kids that had some sort of supernatural lineage. 

" Yeah," Bobby said quietly and under his breath, " we have a problem on our hands."


a/n: hi hi. 

So, I'm hoping you guys like this. I'm not gonna lie, I've had some mad writers block- plus a tonne of personal stuff happen this last year so writing has been, and is still hard. But I wanna pick it up again. 

I'm hoping that I'll be able to somehow push through the writers block. So here's a chapter. Enjoy..... and come talk to me in the comments. Lol

Hera