chapter 2

Spartoi's mate Kangjun- An STF story

As it turned out, they did indeed have a mini epidemic on their hands.

Not so much in the fact that it was a small one, because it wasn't, it was in fact, a rather big epidemic. 

A rather big and discriminating epidemic that seemed only to initially affect humans under the age of 10, hence a mini epidemic.

 

At about 9am the next morning, a young overwhelmed school nurse made the executive decision to place a call to a friend. Maybe she was overreacting. Maybe she wasn't. But she really didn't like the fact that she had not one, not two, but three little one's all from the same class being sent to her office with concerning fevers. What she didn't like more, was the fact that she knew for a fact that two out of three of those lil cute bubba's were supernaturals. So yeah. She put in a phone call.

Chief run his hand over his face and dialled Yugyeom in, so he could conference call from the med wing. 

" Hey Yugyeom," Chief said, " how is it over there?"

" Well, so far no changes. The little one's all have high fevers. I've got Chanyeol, Eric, Sam, Jaebum and Jinyoung helping me with the kids. I still don't know exactly what the kids have, I'm assuming it's contagious because well, all the kids have it, but since so far none of us adults that have been in contact with the kids are showing any symptoms, I'm working with the assumption that it either works slower in adults or we've got some sort of natural immunity," Yugyeom explained.

" What do you need from us," Kangjun asked, " what can we do to help?"

" I'm getting samples from the little one's," Yugyeom replied, " I'm gonna need Neesi, Maya and Bobby to get right on them please. I'd like to know sooner rather than later what I'm working with. Because right now, I've got the kids on fluids and pain meds, but I need to know if I should be giving them antiobiotics for instance."

" Done," Kangjun replied.

" You sure you don't want us in there with you?" Neesi asked, "You sure you don't want either me or Bobby in there with you?"

" Not until we know what we're working with," Yugyeom replied, " there's no point exposing any more people if we don't have to."

" We could cover up," Bobby offered, " we've got to have hazmat suits somewhere close by," 

" Uh huh," Yugyeom replied, " and if it's supernatural? And if hazmat suits are pointless? No. Find out what we're working with, and if it's safe you can come help me. Besides, I've got nut squad in here with me."

" That's what we're worried about," Junmyeon muttered under his breath.

" We heard that!" Sam and Eric called out and Junmyeon just grumbled something that sounded suspiciously like  bloody trouble makers under his breath.

 

Meanwhile, still laying in bed with Meg, Ceza was blushing and trying not to embarass herself as Meg cuddled her.

" You and Kangjun are adorable," Meg chuckled softly, her lips brushing against Ceza's nape, " Lisipe and I are going to thoroughly enjoying messing you two up."

Ceza flushed and resisted the urge to slap her hands over her face, and maybe whine in embarassment. She was saved by the soft trill of her phone.

She glanced at the caller I.D and frowned a little.

" Hi," she said.

" Hey. So, um, I know you're probably super busy with national security stuff, and this might something, though it's probably nothing. But, I uh, I have three kids in my office, two of whom I know are part werewolf. And all from the same class. All three with a really high fever. I haven't called their parents yet, because I wanted to check if you think I should... I don't know. I guess I'm just worried."

Ceza sat upright and turned to Meg with a worried frown on her face.

" Give me the address of your school," Ceza said, " No, right now. Can you quarantine them without raising alarm?... uh uh.... ok yeah. Do it right now. I'll have someone out to you in..."

" No more than ten minutes" Meg interrupted, " less than that if we're being honest but yeah."

The school nurse on the other end of the line hung up, texted Ceza her school address, then moved the three children to the back of her office, closing off the curtained partition. 

Ceza started to walk but suddenly squealed as Meg scooped her up in a back hug and lifted her off the ground, whispering against Meg's ears, " quicker if I carry you there. You want Kangjun?"

Ceza blushed and nodded, then squealed as Meg transported her right into the conference room and right onto Kangjun's lap.

 
Kangjun blinked, trailing off midsentence as he instinctively reached to hold onto the lapful of woman he suddenly had.

" Um, hi," Ceza squealed nervously.

" Hi," Kangjun replied, face red as a tomato, " is ever.. are... "

" As adorable as you two are," Chief interrupted, " how can we help you Ceza?"

" I uh.. I have a friend. She's a school nurse, and she has three children in her office, two of whom are half wolf, and with high fevers. I told her I'd send someone to her," Ceza managed to explain.

" Did you get that Yugyeom?" Chief spoke into the intercom.

Yugyeom muttered some bad words under his breath, then sighed, " Yeah. Yeah I heard. Neesi, I'm sorry I still need you and Maya to figure out what I'm working with here. Bobby's gonna have to go."

"That's fine," Neesi replied, at the same time that Ceza added, 

" and me. I'm going as well,"

" Ceza.." Kangjun warned.

" Look, you'll have April and Rae-lee here, and Joss knows me, I can help. Please,"

Kangjun wanted to say no, but Meg fluttered up to him and curled her arms over his shoulders, placing a soft kiss on his ear, " I'll go with her, she'll be safe with me. We'll be good papa,"

And really. Kangjun never had been able to say no to Meg, and she knew it too. Bloody unfair if you asked him.

" Fine, but you have to promise me to check in with me every hour," he said.

Meg pulled the bottom of his ear into her lips, nibbling on it and tugging it gently with her teeth, while Ceza smiled and nodded with a softly whispered, " promise."

Through all this, Kevin had been quiet. Too quiet. Junmyeon didn't like it. At all.

" Kevin," Junmyeon growled, " you're quiet. There have been far too many opportunities for you to say something highly inappropriate and ually charged, and you haven't. I don't like it. Say something inappropriate dammit."

Kevin just chuckled softly, but the sound was flat. Hollow. It didn't make his face light up the way his laughter usually did.

" Actually," Chief replied, " he's right. Kevin? What's going on with you?"

Kevin smiled, " Mhhhm. Not really sure. I just feel abnormally tired,"

Kangjun reached over and placed a the back of his hand across Kevins head the pulled back with a hiss as though he'd been burned. He kinda had.

" Kevin you're burning up," Kangjun replied.

Neesi stood up and walked over, then placed her palm on Kevin's head.

" Kevin stand up," she instructed, " I'm taking you to the med wing right now."

" Neesi," Yugyeom, who had still been listening in from the med wing, " maybe not in here?"

" Ah crap," Neesi growled, " ok fine. I'm taking him to one of the empty rooms, but you're going to have to pass me an I.V set up. He needs fluids in him now. He is too ing hot."

" I'll leave them outside the door," Yugyeom replied, " but I guess if he has what the kids have then adults don't have immunity?"

" Yeah, but right now he's the only adult showing symptoms, so maybe adults generally do have immunity?" Neesi offered.

" yeah, maybe, we'll see," Yugyeom replied.

Adults, it turned out, didn't have immunity. But they didn't find that out for several days.