chapter 1

Spartoi's mate Kangjun- An STF story

They never did find Nettie. Returning that night empty handed with. And with Lisipe injured and still recovering well, Kangjun was worried. Because if they didn't have the only other living water dragon then it was possible that Sheth, Halika and Khanya had the only other living water dragon. And that wasn't good. That wasn't good at all.

It was so not good that it had Kangjun extremely worried. Worried enough that instead of staying in bed with Meg and Ceza, he'd woken up and decided to do some research in the library.He was hoping to learn everything he could about the three evil deities of death and destruction, hoping maybe he would learn of a weakness. Because he got the feeling that if he didnt' find a weakness then the world was ed. 

And well, he just couldn't let that happen now could he.

" Yeah well," Youngjae drawled, " you can't save the world if you're already dead now can you? Will you please go to bed."

" In a bit," Kangjun grinned back, " lemme just finish this chapte..."

" If you don't close that book right this minute I swear on every pair of heart decked boxers that you own I'll sic Meg on your ," Youngjae warned.

Kangjun gasped and scowled at his friend, " you wouldn't?" 

" Of course I would. You need to sleep, and if Meg is the only one that can get you to do it, then I'll get her to do it,"

" Oh don't worry about coming to get me," Meg interrupted as she materialized in the room, " why are you up instead of in bed with Ceza and I?" 

Kangjun swallowed audibly and averted his eyes, looking every which way but at Meg. 

" I.. uh.. I just wanted to read this real quick. I'll be there in a minute," he promised.

" You could do that," Meg drawled, " or you could close the book and come back to bed with me. Now."

Kangjun closed the book and stood, then squealed as Meg suddenly crowded his space. She moved like the wind, quick and silent, standing chest to chest with him she smiled slowly, a dangerous smirk as she pressed her lips to his and whispered against his mouth, " good choice, and good boys get rewards."

Kangjun's popped up and he whimpered softly, then smiled bashfully as Meg took his hand in hers, intertwining their fingers.

" Come," Meg said softly, " you need to rest. We'll worry about Nettie tomorrow."

Kangjun let Meg lead him back to bed. He let Meg put him back in the bed, and he blushed a bright furious red as Ceza rolled over and curled her body into his, her pressing up against his , soft hips resting under his palm, while behind him Meg spooned him and rested her hand over his belly, leaning in to whisper against his ear, " you're gonna need a much bigger bed that this papa, Lisipe well be better soon,"

Kangjun barely managed not to squeal, " I'll.. I'll look into it first thing tomorrow," he whispered back.

Meg smiled, " Good night Kangjun,"

Kangjun did squeal that time. Because how pray tell was a man to survive Meg whispering his name like that? How pray tell was a man to survive having the ridiculously adorable Ceza pressed up against him like that? How pray tell was a man supposed to survive the knowledge that he would soon lose his ity to a woman that could, by all accounts, throuroughly break him?

How pray tell?

He knew not, and so closing his eyes he resolved himself to the knowledge that he would not survive. 

 

Meanwhile over in the medwing Yugyeom having seen to all of Lisipe's wounds and set her to rest was now seeing to a very grumpy Sam jr. 

Poor kid had started sneezing some time during the night then started running a fever and so Sam had brought him over to the med wing.

" Well, that's definitely a crazy high fever," Yugyeom said, " alright bud, let's get you yeah? We can run you under a nice warm shower,"

Sam jr grumbled in muffled toddler talk but held his arms up for his father to help him out of his clothes.

Yugyeom and Sam exchanged glances over the kids head, because Sam jr did not  take baths willingly. Sam jr did not  go to baths without a fight. It was unheard of. So the kid really must have been feeling out of it to not put up any sort of fight.

They got the kid in and out of the bath, and Yugyeom was just about to send him back to bed with Sam sr, when Chanyeol walked into the med bay with Chanyeol jr in his arms. 

" She's cranky, and she's running a fever," Chanyeol explained.

" Ok, so something's obviously going around," Yugyeom replied, " hey bub," he tweaked Chanyeol jr's nose, ": you and Sam jr been sharing bodily fluids again?"

" I only kissed him once," Chanyeol jr mumbled with a scowl on her face and it was slightly terrifying Yugyeo thought to himself, that the kid was smart enough to understand the metaphor, like why did she even know what 'bodily fluids' were?

" Well sometimes that's all it takes," Sam sr muttered quietly under his breath to which Yugyeom muffled a laugh in his sleeve. He was just getting ready to suggest they get Chanyeol jr in the bath when Eric, Jinyoung, Jaebum and Baekhyun walked in. All of them carrying a cranky and feverish toddler.

"Well then." Yugyeom said, " someone please go wake Robby or Chief up. Beause I do believe we might have ourselves a situation. On second thoughts, never mind. I'll just call him. It just occurred to me that maybe I should quarantine you all right now. Alright. Everybody get , hit the showers. Luke warm water while I try and sort this out. Thanks. Management."

 

Chief sighed and run a hand over his face while his other hand held the phone up to his ear. 

" I see, how many kids...uh huh... ok. Ok yeah..... Alright, I'll let them know. You sure you don't need any help?.... No, no, I'll let the man sleep. I'll Yongguk for now. Thank you Yugy."

Neesi sat up and rubbed at her husbands nape, " what's wrong?"

" Nut squad the toddler edition is sick," Chief replied, " Yugy thinks it's best he quarantine them for now til he figures out exactly what they have."

Neesi woke right up, " I should go help him,"

" He said you'd say that and he said to tell you, 'no, not tonight. Sleep, and take over for him in the morning'," 

Neesi sighed. It made sense, but she didn't have to like it. 

" Fine," she grumbled, " but if i'm sleeping then so are you."

" Let me just send the alert out so everyone knows to watch their little one's," Chief replied, " I promise I'll come right back to bed. I get the feeling we'll be needing the rest."

 

" I'm sorry, could you say that again," Kangjun growled softly in Yongguks direction the next morning, " did you just tell me that the lil bubba's are sick, all of them?!"

 Yongguk nodded, " yes. All of them. Chief and Yugyeom both said not to wake you up, and let you get the rest. Yugyeom suspects we have ourselves the beginning of a mini epidemic, and you're gonna need to be at your best to deal with that. So we made the executive decision to let you sleep."

" Right, I see. Well then please inform chief that I am now slept and I will meet him in the operations room in five minutes, thank you. Much appreciated."

" He's already there," Yongguk replied, " do you plan to get dressed or were you thinking about holding this meeting in your pink sparkly heart be-decked boxer briefs?" 

Kangjun looked down at himself, then looked up and caught Meg sitting on the bed with Ceza in her arms and a smirk on her face.

" I... I was planning on getting dressed," he stuttered, blush colouring his face.

" Pity," Meg drawled, " it's such a nice view. Isn't it Ceza?"

Ceza blushed. But nodded. 

Kangjun squealed.