She's gone

A 'Memorable' Birthday

The days passed by like normal, at least it was normal for the other members. Xuan Yi was still not eating any proper meal, only indulged herself in milk tea like milk tea could brought away her sorrow while Bona, she just remained like usual, trying to cope with her sudden status change. She looked at the calendar and sighed.

"One more day til my birthday." Bona said. She somehow still had a slight hope that Xuan Yi would appeared but she knew she shouldn't have that hope from the start. 

"Hey, lets go." Exy appeared from nowhere and nudged Bona's arm. Both of them went to join other members at the stage for a final rehearsal. WJSN were having their concert in Japan and right after they finished their concert, they would fly back to South Korea to attend another event. After the rehearsal, all of them went back to the hotel and to get ready for the concert. Somewhere in the airport, Mei Qi went to meet up with Cheng Xiao as both of them planning to surprise the girls. 

"Where's Xuan Yi?" Cheng Xiao asked. Mei Qi just simple shook her head.

"She is having a high fever. " Mei Qi said which is half true as Xuan Yi was sick from the infection from her wound.

"Is she having enough rest?" Cheng Xiao asked.

"I did forced her to have enough rest." Mei Qi answered as both of them got on their manager's car.  Cheng Xiao wanted to ask more but she decided to just let it go as she was going to meet with Xuan Yi a few days later.

Both of them sneaked into the dressing room before the other girls arrived as soon as the two reached the concert hall.

"Let's hide." Mei Qi grinned as Cheng Xiao gave her a thumb up. Mei Qi went to hide behind the curtain while Cheng Xiao hid inside the fitting room. Both of them hold their breath as they heard the familiar giggle and voices that they never forgot.

"I can't wait for tonight!" Yeoreum shouted as she barged into the room. Mei Qi smiled as she could literally imagine the cute sight of Yeoreum.

"We are going to rock this tonight!" Yeonjung followed.

"We are going to send Ujung to space!" That's Soobin.

"Theoretically speaking, we can't." And that's Mei Qi's favorite voice, Luda's voice.

"Woohoo~~!!" Cheng Xiao smiled at Eunseo's voice.

"Calm -" 

"SURPRISE!!" Before Exy managed to finish her words, Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao jumped out from their hiding spot, can't wait to meet their members.

"Down." Exy finished her words and for a few seconds, everyone was just staring at each other. Soon everyone was shouting, well, everyone except Mei Qi, Cheng Xiao, Luda and Eunseo. Luda quickly pounced on Mei Qi while Eunseo ran and hugged Cheng Xiao as tight as possible while carrying the girl.

"You're finally here." Luda whispered as she hugged Mei Qi tightly.

"Yeah.I'm here." Mei Qi hugged back but she pulled herself back when she felt her shirt was getting wet.

"Why are you crying?" Mei Qi gently wiped away the tears on Luda's face with her thumb.

"I'm just happy. Happy that you're here." Luda said and Mei Qi smiled. 

"I will be at the audience seat supporting you all." Mei Qi said and landed a peck on Luda's forehead. On the other hand, Eunseo just carried Cheng Xiao and spinned around. 

"Juyeon-ah. I'm getting dizzy." Cheng Xiao gently smacked Eunseo's shoulder as Eunseo quickly put Cheng Xiao down and hugged her as tight as possible.

"You're here!" Eunseo landed a quick peck on Cheng Xiao's lips which made the younger girl shy.

"Yup! And I'm going to support you all at aundience seat. I will be back to South Korea with you all too, along with Mei Qi!" Cheng Xiao landed a peck on Juyeon's lips too.

"Really?" Seola asked as both Chinese girls nodded their head.

"How long are you two staying with us?" Soobin asked.

"We two are going to stay for tomorrow night, we are going to leave right after we celebrate Bona unnie's birthday in Seoul." Cheng Xiao said. 

"Yeah, sorry that we couldn't stay long because I had a schedule to attend the day after tomorrow and Xiao Xiao needed to record for her advertisement too." Mei Qi said.

"It's fine. As long as you two are here." Exy smiled.

"Where's Xuan Yi unnie?" Yeoreum asked and glanced at Bona who just staring at the mirror, remaining silent for the whole time.

"She couldn't come. She wants to but she is having a high fever." Mei Qi explained.

"What? High fever? Why?" Exy asked as the ten girls including Bona were frowning, worrying about their seaweed maniac.

"She fell down two days ago, from the idol sports festival and due to mistreatment of the wound, she got an infection. So she is having high fever. Yamy is taking care of her." Mei Qi said, still half hiding the truth, hiding that half of the reason that Xuan Yi fall ill was due to lack of nutrient. 

"Aww, hope Xuan Yi unnie recover from the fever." Dayoung said. Bona was worry, more like dead worry about Xuan Yi. She saw Xuan Yi had high fever last time and it was not a good experience at all. She wanted to call Xuan Yi and asked whether she was okay but something was holding her back.

"Oh ya, I have no right to worry about her anymore." Bona mumbled.

"You have no right to worry about her as a girlfriend but you do have right to worry about her as a group member." Dawon sat beside Bona and gently patted Bona's head.

"Yah, I'm still older than you." Bona smiled.

"Age doesn't matter when giving advice. Besides, you will also threatened Exy unnie and Seola unnie if they pat your head. You only let Xuan Yi unnie do so." Dawon said.

"Y-y-you're right." Bona said weakly.

"Lets go back to the main purpose I'm sitting here. Unnie, you're right for not having right to care about her as a girlfriend. But that doesn't mean you two are not group members, or best friend for life just like how you two used to be." Dawon gently patted Bona's thigh.

"But-"

"I know its going to be awkward, afterall, you two went from being best friend to lovers and now back to friend. But breaking up doesn;t mean you two are going to be strangers. You two are still in a group, heck, all of us are in a group. We are a family. We are not OT10, we are OT13." Dawon said as Bona looked at her confusedly.

"OT10? OT13? Where did you learn such stuff and what does that even mean?" Bona asked as Dawon waved her hand lazily.

"You just need to get on the net more. But that is not our main concern here. What I want to say was, if you are worry and wanted to call her, then go for it. There's no need for you to ponder that much." Dawon said and somehow Bona agreed to it.

"You're right." Bona nodded her head.

"Just remember, if none of you want to step out from the zone, then you really will lose Xuan Yi unnie." Dawon then went to get ready. The girls were talking and laughing with each other, with Luda kept on glancing at Mei Qi and Mei Qi saw it.

"I'm here, for real. Although not for long but for real." Mei Qi reached out and hold onto Luda's hand, tightened the hold and smiled gently at Luda. Luda just smiled as wide as possible and went to get ready. After a good two hours, all of the girls had got ready and its time for Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao retreated to the audience seat.

"Guys, fighting!!" Mei Qi cheered for them.

"We will be watching! But please don't tell the fans about it. Its going to be chaotic." Cheng Xiao said as both of them walked out after giving a peck to their respective lover.

"OKAY! CHARGING COMPLETE! BOOST MODE ON!" Eunseo shouted and grinned. 

"Come on, WJSN. Let's do a cheer." Exy led the cheer and then everyone went to their respective position to get ready. The concert went smoothly and the two Chinese members were enjoying their time. 

Somewhere in China, a certain group leader kept on call Mei Qi but since the younger girl put her phone in silence so she was not able to answer it.

"Why isn't she answering?" Yamy was going to throw the phone away.

"Mei Qi still not answering?" Zi Ting asked and Yamy shook her head.

"Where the heck could she be?" Duan Juan asked as they heard Fu Jing cursed loudly somewhere in the mansion.

On the other hand, the concert had successfully finished and everyone was rushing to board the flight to South Korea. Mei Qi and Luda were sitting side by side, courtesy of Dawon willing to exchange seats with Mei Qi while Dayoung exchanged seats with Cheng Xiao so that Cheng Xiao can sit together with Eunseo. The two couples were enjoying their time, leaning against each other as they slept through the flight. Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao quickly got down from the flight, not wanting to cause an uproar. The went to ride with other manager and the rest of the girls went to ride back.

Another reason that the Chinese members back first was because they wanted to prepare for Bona's birthday, as a short but simple surprise as they felt guilty for not able to bring Xuan Yi back. But as they opened the door of the dorm that Bona stayed, they were surprised.

"What is all this?" Cheng Xiao asked as she gently pushed away the balloon in the living room. Mei Qi was just awed, staring at the decorations. Balloon, ribbons, banners, even cartoon about Bona were displayed everywhere, on the wall, on the table. And in the middle of the living room, with the long dining table which was not a surprise as all older members stay together so WJSN members normally gathered at older members' dorm to have their meal in the middle of the room. On the table, there was a cake, decorated with a squirtle on it and behind the cake, on the sofa there was a person lying at there. 

"Xuan Yi?" Mei Qi was surprised as she pushed away the balloon, revealing the black haired girl on the sofa, who was panting.

"Xuan Yi?!" Cheng Xiao quickly went to sat beside Xuan Yi and brought Xuan Yi to her embrace, she felt Xuan Yi's body temperature by putting the back of her left hand on Xuan Yi's forehead.

"Gosh! You are burning hot." Cheng Xiao exclaimed as Mei Qi quickly felt it.

"Why are you here? You're suppose to be at China, resting." Mei Qi said.

"D-don't." Xuan Yi weakly said and pulled herself away. 

"Xuan Yi, you need to rest." Mei Qi said.

"C-e-celebrate Jiyeon's birthday." Xuan Yi said as she pointed at the cake.

"So? You are damn sick right now." Mei Qi was getting angry.

"W-want Jiyeon back." Xuan Yi said and sat up.

"W-what?" Cheng Xiao asked, wanting to make sure what she heard was right.

"I just want Jiyeon back. I can't live without her. If me being here to celebrate her birthday can bring her back then I am willing to sacrifice everything." Xuan Yi said.

"I don't think Bona unnie is happy with this." Mei Qi said.

"They are going to be back soon." Cheng Xiao said after reading the message from Eunseo.

"H-help me wash up and do my make up. I can't let others see me in this state. " Xuan Yi tightened her hold onto Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao's hand. Both of the girls just nodded their head. Afterall, who could rejected after staring into the famous puppy eyes of the seaweed maniac. They helped Xuan Yi to wash her face, wiped her face and even helped the girl to change into a new set of clothes which belonged to Mei Qi. Cheng Xiao frowned when helping Xuan Yi to wear pants as the older girl had become thinner. 

"OMO! WHAT IS THIS?" Dayoung's voice could be heard and Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao quickly put on the final touch on Xuan Yi's face.

"Omo! Unnie! Its for you!" Luda said.

"Don't tell me this is all Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao's work?" Dawon asked. 

"You two go first. Let me rest for awhile." Xuan Yi said as she sat up, buried her face in both of her hands.

"I think you can do a Vlive of this, unnie." Yeonjung said.

"I think its best to keep this only for us. I mean, Bona still can do a Vlive but lets do that after the celebration." Seola said and Exy nodded her head.

"Oh,there you are.Did you two prepare these?" Bona asked as she saw Cheng Xiao and Mei Qi walked out from a room, which was her room.

"Oh, well, erm-" Mei Qi was stuttering as she kept on glancing the door of her room.

"No, actually. We also come back to this." Cheng Xiao was sweating.

"Oh, wait, does this mean a fans barge into our dorm?" Exy asked.

"Should we inform the manager?" Seola asked.

"I think we need to move." Dawon nodded her head.

"Actually there's no need to move." Their manager said from the back.

"But unnie, a sasaeng fans found our dorm, break our security code and prepared this! I would have to agree that this was sweet but somehow scary." Yeonjung said. Suddenly the door of Bona's room opened, revealing a girl that none of the girls except Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao expected.

"XUAN YI UNNIE!" Yeoreum squealed as she ran and pounced on Xuan Yi. Bona was shocked when she saw Xuan Yi was standing in front of her, smiling while holding a cake.

"Unnie." Yeoreum whispered as she felt Xuan Yi's body temperature was quite high. 

"Xuan Yi, I thought you couldn't come!" Exy exclaimed as she went to hug Xuan Yi.

"It was just a lie. A lie that is needed for my surprise." Xuan Yi grinned.

"So lets start this celebration?" Xuan Yi asked as she glanced at Bona. 

"Sure!" Luda nodded her head and pushed Bona toward Xuan Yi. 

"W-woah." Bona nearly fell down but she felt someone was holding her, someone who was hot. She lifted her head and saw Xuan Yi was looking at her worriedly, just like how she looked at Bona everytime they performed in the rain during their second year of debut. 

"X-x-uan Yi." Bona said as she reached to touch Xuan Yi's face. Xuan Yi just smiled as she slowly guided Bona to sit in front of the cake, Mei Qi lighted the candles and every members started to sing birthday song in Korean and English. After that, everyone had small chats here and there. 

"I'm so sorry guys but we need to go soon." Mei Qi glanced at the clock then realized its nearing time for her and Cheng Xiao's flight.

"Awww, how about you, Xuan Yi unnie?" Soobin asked.

"Oh, I am sitting the next flight, a 4 am flight." Xuan Yi smiled. Cheng Xiao and Mei Qi nodded her head. Mei Qi glanced at her phone and noticed a lot of missed calls from Yamy, Fu Jing and Chao Yue.

"I will go and make a short call." Mei Qi walked away while Cheng Xiao continued to chat with the girls. Luda followed Mei Qi to the kitchen and saw Mei Qi was frowning while talking in Chinese.

"What do you mean by she didn't inform the management?" Mei Qi asked in Chinese.

"She just disappeared out of sudden! Not only us didn't know about it, even the manager too. She might just took a taxi and go." Fu Jing said from the other side of the line.

"Aish, this girl." Mei Qi sighed and she felt a pair of familiar arms circled around her waist. She glanced at behind and smiled when she saw Luda was staring at her with a worried expression.

"At least she is with you." Yamy sighed.

"Yeah, and she said she will board a 4 am flight." Mei Qi said.

"That's good. We are damn worry about her. Her fever is getting worse after you left. She even refused to take her medicine." Fu Jing said as she wiped her face with her hand. 

"We will just have to make a schedule to take turn to take care of her." Mei Qi said.

"Yeah but for now, lets just let her enjoy her time there." Yamy said and Mei Qi agreed. Mei Qi ended the call and turned around to hug Luda as tight as possible.

"What happen?" Luda asked.

"Xuan Yi unnie, just left China without informing anyonre." Mei Qi whispered as Luda pulled herself away, staring at Mei Qi with wide eyes.

"W-what?" Luda asked in a soft tone.

"Yeah so Yamy was worried about her but now they know she is here, with you all, they are okay." Mei Qi smiled.

"So she just ran away to celebrate Bona unnie's birthday?" Luda asked.

"Yeah, she just hoped that Bona unnie will return to her side." Mei Qi sighed. Luda nodded her head.

"Lets go, Mei Qi. The manager is here." Cheng Xiao called out to Mei Qi from the living room.

"I need to leave now but don't worry, I will be back soon, to visit you and its just 238 days left, for us to reunite." Mei Qi sticked her forehead to Luda's and gently brushed Luda's cheeks with her right thumb.

"Wait for me." Mei Qi said.

"I will. You know I will." Luda said and both of them shared a short kiss. Mei Qi pulled away and pecked Luda's forehead again before joining Cheng Xiao. On the other hand, Cheng Xiao was bidding her goodbye with Eunseo,

"Yeobo, take care of yourself." Eunseo said.

"Okay."

"Remember to eat on time."

"Sure."

"Remember to have enough rest."

"Yeah, I will and the most important thing is-" Cheng Xiao was silented by a sudden kiss from Eunseo.

"Most importantly, I will miss you and forever wait for you at here." Eunseo said. Cheng Xiao nodded her head and they shared a final kiss before bidding their goodbye. 

"Now the two have left, I think its time for us to go back to our own dorm, we need to get ready at 5am for our schedule so please have enough rest." Exy sent eye signals to other members who nodded their head.

"OH! UNNIE! COME HELP ME WITH MY RAP!" Yeonjung shouted.

"Since when you are interested in rap?" Dayoung asked but was being nudged harshly by Yeonjung while glancing at Exy. Xuan Yi noticed the girls' motive and shook her head weakly.

"Unnie~~"Soobin used her aegyo which made Seola quickly nodded her head.

"Yah, Nam Dawon, we have a game to settle." Luda smirked.

"Come on!" Dawon grinned.

"I need to go help Dayoung prepared our breakfast tomorrow. Dayoung said she has a new menu to try." With that the rest of nine members all went to the other dorm, which was just right opoosite of the older members' dorm leaving Bona and Xuan Yi, sitting in the living room. Suddenly Xuan Yi was singing birthday song in Chinese and that brought Bona's attention. 

"Ji-jiyeon-ah, I k-know this sounds pathetic." Xuan Yi said after finished singing. Bona just remained silent.

"Do you like these?" Xuan Yi pointed the rest as Bona nodded her head.

"Then, can this, bring you back to me?" Xuan Yi asked and that surprised Bona. Bona wanted to go back to Xuan Yi but as a Leo, she had her pride in not going back to her words so she just remained silent.

"So, t-this, is not enough?" Xuan Yi asked again, staring into Bona's eyes and Bona wanted to say it was all enough but she was not the type of person that regret her action.

"We can remain as best friend." Bona said and she regretted it so much after seeing how Xuan Yi's expression fell. Xuan Yi just nodded her head and pulled herself away from Bona.

"Y-y-yeah, y-you're right. best f-friend." Xuan Yi chuckled but tears were escaping her eyes as she lowered her head.

"Yeah, we can be what we be the best. Best friend. I won't be feeling lonely and you won't be feeling controlled by me." Bona explained.

"What if I want to be controlled by you?" Xuan Yi lifted her head.

"What if I am not satisfied with just 'best friend'?" Xuan Yi asked again and tears still flowing endlessly from her eyes.Bona just remained silent.

"What if I just want you back, as my girlfriend, as my wife in the future?" Xuan Yi asked.

"You couldn't be this selfish, Xuan Yi-ah." Bona said.

"Me? Selfish?! You are telling me that I'm selfish? What is wrong with wanting you back? I know you still love me and I still love you! Aren't you the one being selfish for not wanting to be back together?" Xuan Yi asked.

"Do you know what are you saying, Wu Xuan Yi?! You are saying me being selfish?! I want to be back together, I really do!"

"But whats stopping you?"

"The future! Xuan Yi, the fcking future!" Xuan Yi was surprised by the sudden curse from Bona.

"What if the history repeated again in the future, after we got back together? What if you are not able to come visit me anymore?"

"There's only 238 days more, Jiyeon-ah. We could work this out together."

"There's 238 days more, Xuan Yi. I can't stand this anymore. I don't want to feel lonely every single time when I needed you. I need you to hug me when its cold, to be by my side during fanmeeting, concert, other things. I want to feel you holding my hand when we walking but I can't! I freaking can't when you are so far away!" Bona took a deep breathe.

"Yes, there's just one year left but what if you decide to leave WJSN after that year and remain China?"

"That will never happen, Jiyeon. You know, I never abandon you girls." 

"You will, if being instructed by the management. Xuan Yi, this is what it tired me, you never fight back your management." Bona sighed and lifted her head to stare at Xuan Yi.

"L-l-let me go, please. I'm very tired, I can't do this anymore. The best I can offer, is just being a best friend to you." Bona said weakly as Xuan Yi just blinked her eyes.

"I c-c-can't let you go. You know that, Jiyeon-ah. I c'can't remain as best friend. I want it more." Xuan Yi said and Bona started to cry.

"But I am afraid, Xuan Yi. I'm damn afraid of the history repeated again and I don't have any energy left to hang on this relationship." Bona wiped her tears and that made Xuan Yi felt guilty. Xuan Yi reached out to hold down Bona's hands, and gently wiped away the tears.

"Y-you know Wu Xuan Yi's motto of life. If that's what Kim Jiyeon wants, that will be what Kim Jiyeon get." Xuan Yi smiled weakly.

"I'm sorry but please forgive me after this." Xuan Yi whispered and leaned closer to Bona. Bona closed her eyes and she felt a pair of lips landed on her forehead instead of lips.

"I w-will let you go completely but I c-c-can't just go back to being best friend that fast. Please forgive me if I'm being cold to you." Xuan Yi pulled away and said, trying to smile at Bona. 

"X-xuan Yi." Bona said, trying to reach to Xuan Yi but Xuan Yi pulled herself away.

"D-don't. S-stop making me fall for you even more." Xuan Yi begged and stood up.

"Where're you going?" Bona asked.

"I'm going to sleep in Exy's room. I didn't manage to book a hotel room." Xuan Yi smiled sheepishly. Bona just nodded her head and pointed to a room at the end of the hallway. Xuan Yi nodded her head and walked toward the room, head felt heavy and like being pounded by people with hammer. She was at her limit, of her health and mind. Bona just stared at the back of Xuan Yi and sighed. She just hoped that she wouldn't regret the decision of hers. She went to keep the cake and off the light.

"I would just clean up tomorrow." Bona thought as she went to have a Vlive with fans and then slept. 

The next morning, which was actually the day after Bona's birthday, WJSN were all getting ready.

"Where's Xuan Yi unnie?" Yeoreum asked.

"Its 6am now, Xuan Yi unnie would be in China now." Dawon answered. Luda saw Bona was frowning the entire time during breakfast. She just shrugged her shoulder as she scrolled her phone. Suddenly, her phone rang. 

"Mei Qi~"

"Luda! Is Xuan Yi there?" Mei Qi asked.

"N-no, she should be back to China." Luda answered and Exy asked her to turn on loud speakers which Luda did so.

"You sure? Can you help me ask the manager?" Mei Qi asked.

"Manager unnie said yes, she was the one sending Xuan Yi to airport and Xuan Yi did gave her to have a look of the plane ticket before got on the car." Luda said.

"What happen, Mei Qi?" Seola asked.

"If she boarded the 4 am flight, she should be here by now, in fact, she should be here half an hour ago." Mei Qi said.

"So you meant?" Exy asked.

"She's gone." 

 

A/N: The next chapter is going to be the last chapter before the FINAL!!! Which is going to have two different endings!! Hope you guys like it!!! Enjoy!!