I'm tired

A 'Memorable' Birthday

Somewhere in China, a tall girl with medium length black hair appeared in an office. She took a few deep breathe and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A man's voice came from the room as the girl entered the room.

"What bring you here, Xuan Yi-ah?" 

"Director, since I am free after the national idol sports day, can I go to South Korea for one week?" Xuan Yi asked. The man in the chair frowned and sighed.

"I am sorry to say this but no, Xuan Yi. You are required to stay here."

"But I have no schedule at all and last time you told me that I am free to go anywhere I want if I am free.How about just five days and four night?"

"But that time you went to South Korea, am I right? Before you went to South Korea, I specifically told you that you are not allow to dye your hair but when you came back, your hair colour had turned to black." Xuan Yi just remained silent as the director kept on talking.

"Do you think that I have no idea why you suddenly want to change your hair colour?" That one question had grab Xuan Yi's attention.

"Its because of Bona, right? Your groupmate from WJSN. Just because she said black suit you so you go and dye your hair into black." Xuan Yi just shook her head.

"That's not it, Director. Its just because the damage on my hair is too big, I want to dye it black to allow my hair to rest." Xuan Yi explained but the director just shook his head.

"I don't want to listen to your explaination. You are not allow to go anywhere for now."

"But director, just this time. I really need to go to South Korea for this time. After this, I will just stay in China." Xuan Yi begged but the director just shook his head.

"My decision is final. You are not going anywhere for the mean time. You just focus on the upcoming sports festival. Now please get out."

"But that is my free time.  I just want to go back to South Korea to support them. Or how about just let me go back for three days two night?" Xuan Yi tried to argue but the director just slammed the table and stood up.

"My decision is final, Wu Xuan Yi! Now get the hell out of my office!" The director pointed at Xuan Yi and then at the door. Xuan Yi just nodded her head and went out from the room. She weakly too out her phone and dialled a certain set of number that she was familiar with. 

"Hey, Xuan Yi-ah, any news?"

"Xiao Xiao, help me tell my princess that I am not going back." Xuan Yi sighed.

"I thought you have no schedule during that time." Cheng Xiao frowned at the other end of the line.

"Its true. Its just the director does not allow me to go back. He wants me to stay in China."

"But its your free time."

"But the director wants me to stay in China. You know, to practice for the upcoming concert." Xuan Yi lied as she knew if she told Cheng Xiao the truth, the younger girl will come to the company and fought the director. 

"Can't you rest like for a few days? You and Mei Qi had been practicing for like, I don't know, 20 hours every day." Cheng Xiao complained as Xuan Yi just giggled.

"You know that this is normal for us." Xuan Yi said.

"But the different thing is, you are not being exposed as much as Mei Qi." Cheng Xiao sighed as Xuan Yi felt that her heart was being stabbed by the truth.

"Perhaps, because I am just a mere second place." Xuan Yi mumbled.

"What did you say?" Cheng Xiao asked.

"I said, I am being exposed as much as the rest. I even recorded my own singles and helped a movie to sing their promoting song." Xuan Yi said.

"So you are not coming back?" Cheng Xiao asked.

"Yeah, help me wish her happy birthday and tell her that I'm sorry." Xuan Yi sighed.

"Xuan Yi, I need to go now. Please think again. She really misses you. Even Mei Qi came back for Luda unnie birthday." Cheng Xiao said.

"I will try to convince the director again." Xuan Yi ended the phone call and glanced at the door of the office. She then shook her head and sighed. She then walked back to join the rest of the Rocket Girls.

Somewhere in South Korea, Cheng Xiao who just arrived at South Korea just stared at the phone and sighed. She had no idea how she was going to tell Bona that her seaweed prince was not coming back to celebrate her birthday, Bona looked forward to her birthday, even asked Mei Qi to go ask their manager about Xuan Yi's schedule but it seems that even if Xuan Yi was free of schedule, the girl did not bestowed any freedom. 

"Xiao Xiao, lets go. Your husband kept on calling me." Their manager sighed as she showed Cheng Xiao her phone which was ringing and the name of the screen was Juyeon. Cheng Xiao just giggled and shook her head again.

"Don't worry, manager unnie. I will help you later. That silly tiger." Cheng Xiao said as she took her luggage. 

"Its fine. I understand her. I mean, you two only meet each other like twice or thrice per year. Its normal for that puppy to become this hyper." The manager smiled. Both of them went back to the new WJSN dorm

"YEOBO!!!!" Cheng Xiao could hear Eunseo's voice at the front door.

"How does she know I am here when I haven't ring the doorbell?" Cheng Xiao looked at the manager with widened eyes.

"The power of love~" Manager opened the door and a figure just pounced on Cheng Xiao.

"You are finally here~" Eunseo rubbed her face against Cheng Xiao's face.

"I miss you so much~" Cheng Xiao rubbed back and Eunseo then pulled away to help Cheng Xiao took her luggage. Both of them entered the house followed by their manager. 

"CHENG XIAO-AH!!" All nine girls shouted together, all gathered in the living room with one certain black hair girl standing in the middle of the room, with one of her eyes was covered with an eye-patch.

"Bona unnie! What happen to your eyes?" Cheng Xiao asked.

"Its just infection. I forgot to remove my make up before I slept." Bona smiled sheepishly. 

"After all, its always the same person who helped her remove her make up when she sleep." Exy said as she gently poked Bona's head. Cheng Xiao just smiled but she was thinking how to break the news to the girls that the certain girl was not coming back.

"So when are the others two coming back?" Seola asked as Cheng Xiao sighed.

"Mei Qi couldn't come back since she has an upcoming recording." Cheng Xiao said and her heart felt like it was being shot when she saw Luda's eyes showed slight dissappointment.

"Its fine. She did came for my birthday." Luda mumbled.

"How about the seaweed maniac?" Yeoreum asked as Cheng Xiao gulped and sighed.

"She.....couldn't make it too." Cheng Xiao said and if she felt her heart was being stabbed when she saw Luda's eyes showed slight disappointment, then her heart felt like being shot by machine gun until none of her heart left when she saw how Bona's facial expression turned from happy to sad within seconds.

"I-i-i'm not feeling well. I am going back to my room." Bona said and she entered her room. 

"Why is she not coming back? Doesn't she know its going to be Jiyeon's birthday soon?" Exy who was sad and angry asked Cheng Xiao and by hearing Exy using Bona's birth name, Cheng Xiao knew how pissed off Exy was. 

"China had their own idol sports festival and she needs to be there to practice for the sports festival. She joins 100 m run and acrobat, same with me, using ball. So she needs all the practice she could have right now." Cheng Xiao said.

"Yeobo, are you okay?" Eunseo asked as Cheng Xiao just nodded her head. Eunseo just led Cheng Xiao back to her room, that she shared with Yeoreum. Exy who frowned and took out her phone. 

"What are you trying to do?" Seola asked.

"Call the seaweed maniac." Exy answered.

"For?" Seola raised her eyebrow.

"For asking her to come back. You and I, heck, all of the girls know that how look forward Jiyeon is to her birthday. Because the seaweed maniac who promised to come back and celebrate with her." Exy said.

"And? What will you do if she really can't come back? Go to China and drag her back? Chu Sojung, we can't just barge to China and drag Xuan Yi back. We have a concert coming up and more importantly,we have our own idol sports festival." Seola said as Exy sighed.

"I just want Jiyeon to be happy. Its the second year that she celebrate this birthday without Xuan Yi. Xuan Yi told us last week that she has her schedule clear for that whole time." Exy said.

"I know but Xiao Xiao said that Xuan Yi is needed there to practice for the upcoming event." Seola said.

"But I miss Xuan Yi unnie." Yeoreum said with teary eyes.

"I think, it should be all of us miss Xuan Yi unnie and Mei Qi unnie." Yeonjung said. Dayoung who were looking at them decided to go back to her room and called Mei Qi. 

"Hey, our Dayomi, why the sudden call?" After a few rings, Mei Qi answered the phone.

"Unnie, aren't you coming back to celebrate Bona's unnie birthday?" Dayoung asked.

"I'm so sorry, Dayoung-ah. I want to but I have schedule during that time. However, I can join you all in Japan for one night with Cheng Xiao." Mei Qi said.

"How about Xuan Yi unnie?" 

"Xuan Yi unnie, she should be able to go back to South Korea for a whole week. She has no schedule." Mei Qi said.

"How about the practice?"

"What practice?" 

"For idol national sports day in China." 

"Oh, that, but she is practicing now. By that time she should be able to go anywhere she want." Mei Qi said as Dayoung frowned.

"Oh, I see."

"What happen?" Mei Qi asked.

"Xiao unnie just back and told us that Xuan Yi unnie is not coming back to celebrate Bona unnie's birthday because Xuan Yi unnie need to practice for the festival and some other event." Dayoung said.

"We do have a concert coming up but that is before the sports festival." Mei Qi said. Dayoung just remained silent.

"Xuan Yi unnie is here, I will ask her then I will tell you if there is anything I know." Mei Qi said and ended the call. She turned around and saw Xuan Yi who was curling up into a ball at the corner of the room. As she was walking toward Xuan Yi, their manager came in and called her, as she had another schedule. 

Back in South Korea, in a room, Bona who was curling on her bed, covering herself with her blanket and hugging Xuan Yi's sweater as tight as she could. She tried to sniff in Xuan Yi's scent on the sweater. Xuan Yi gave it to her last time when she came to South Korea. Tears was trying to escape from her eyes but she knew that she shouldn't cry as Xuan Yi was having her hard time at there, and times like this, she needed to be strong for her seaweed prince but the pain of having her hope being broken into pieces was too strong as at last, she couldn't hold on the tears anymore. She started to sniff but not trying to wipe her tears at all. It wasn't because her makeup is waterproof, its just she was tired of wiping her tears every time when she felt lonely, or when she thought of her seaweed prince, or to be more exact, she was tired to wipe her tears after the news of China summoning Xuan Yi back to join the Produce 101 show. 

"Unnie." Cheng Xiao appeared and sat beside Bona, gently pulled the blanket away from Bona, revealing a beautiful lady that had her face stained with tears.

"X-x-iao." Bona quickly sat up and wanted to wipe her tears but she stopped.

"She is sorry." Cheng Xiao reached out to wipe Bona's tears and for that second, Bona saw Xuan Yi in Cheng Xiao. 

"She promised." Bona said in a soft voice.

"She know and she is very sorry for breaking it." 

"Is she coming back?" Bona asked again, hoping that Cheng Xiao would tell her the good news this time.

"Sorry unnie, she can't." And once again, Bona's heart shattered into pieces from the truth.

"But this is the second year that she is not here." 

"Unnie, you know that its not because she doesn't want to be here, its because she can't." Cheng Xiao gently pulled Bona into her embrace and Bona's hair.

"I know, I just hope that this time she can be here." Bona said. Cheng Xiao just remained silent. Xuan Yi did came back to South Korea two months ago, and the lovers did reunite but only for a night as Xuan Yi needed to attend another show in China so she needed to board a midnight airplane. Its by that time, Xuan Yi promised Bona that she would come back to celebrate Bona's birthday. However, the promise was broken and it only left a sad Squirtle in the dorm.

Meanwhile in China, Xuan Yi was still curling in the corner of the practice room. Fu Jing saw her and went to sit beside her.

"So, who make my Old Xuan this sad?" Fu Jing asked.

"No one."

"Come on, the Old Xuan, who somehow is my wife, that I know is a very cheerful girl that probably is dancing like some mad people that just got out of psychiatric ward." Fu Jing nudged Xuan Yi's elbow but the girl just shrugged and continued to curl into a ball.

"Is it about her?" Fu Jing then took out a water bottle and passed it to Xuan Yi. The girl just gently pushed the water bottle away while nodded her head weakly.

"Is her birthday soon?" Fu Jing asked and Xuan Yi nodded her head again. 

"And?" 

"I want to go and celebrate her birthday."

"But?"

"Nothing. Just nothing." Xuan Yi then stood up and squeezed a smile out.

"You sure about this?" Fu jing asked and Xuan Yi stretched while nodded her head. Xuan Yi then started to join the practice while Fu Jing who joined later. Fu Jing just stared at Xuan Yi with worried expression. 

A few days had passed and Bona somehow was starting to accept the truth but everyone in WJSN could see that the girl was still quite depressed about the news. Bona just busied herself with the practice and tried not to think of the certain girl in China. 

"How is Bona unnie there?" Luda heard Mei Qi's voice from the other end of the call while observing Bona who was drinking water. 

"Not that good but still can manage." Luda answered as Mei Qi sighed.

"Thats good then. At least she still can manage." Mei Qi said while glanced at Xuan Yi who was still dancing.

"How is Xuan Yi unnie?" Luda whispered.

"Not good."

"Is it that bad?" Luda asked and Mei Qi's sighed answered her question.

"I guess. I mean everyone in the group can see that she is just pushing herself to her limit. She had not been eating any proper meal for three days. She just drinks milk tea and eat snacks, and by snacks, she just like nibble some chips and then immersed herself in practicing." Mei Qi said. Luda just shook her head.

"I miss you." Luda said.

"I miss you too. Be patience. I am going to go find you soon." Mei Qi said.

"Only you?"

"Yeah, somehow she said that she is busy by that time but when I check her schedule with the manager, the manager said she had two weeks free by that time." Mei Qi frowned.

"Do you think it is the director's order?" Luda asked.

"I'm not sure. I will go and ask her later. I need to go now. The practice is going to start soon." Mei Qi said after glanced at her members who gathered around.

"Okay. Please come back soon.“

”I will."

"I miss you.“

”I miss you too."

"And most importantly, I love you." Luda said and its normal for her to express her love when Mei Qi who was somehow a bit more reserved.

"I love you too. Please remember, I only have you in my heart, and no one else." Mei Qi said and this brought smile on Luda's face. Mei Qi then ended the call and joined the practice while she kept on glancing at Xuan Yi, trying to find a time to talk to the older girl. 

On the other hand, after Luda ended the call, she went to find Bona. Bona was in the practice room, practicing her vocal. Luda gently knocked the door and waited for Bona to let her in.

"What bring you here?" Bona asked.

"How are you, unnie?" 

"I'm fine. I mean, I am starting to accept the truth. I understand that she can't be here." Bona smiled bitterly and Luda knew this is just Bona lying to her, so that she wouldn't worry about her.

"Just for your information, both of our girlfriends are in the same group, at the same place. Both of our girlfriends broke their promise. Mei Qi broke her promise when she told me that she would be coming back for our anniversary." Luda said.

"What are you implying?" Bona raised her eyebrow.

"You can lie to others, but you can't lie to me and Juyeon, unnie. Three of us fall in love with China members, and the three China members are in China, fighting for our popularity. We know how lonely you are." Luda said.

"I know she is fighting for our popularity in China but I just miss her. Cheng Xiao came visit us once a month, and she stayed three days and two night every time she came while Mei Qi came visit us like once or twice in every two months, also stayed for long but Xuan Yi, for whole year, she only came once and that time she only stayed for few hours." Bona said. Luda just remained silent as what Bona said was true. Xuan Yi hardly came back and this was what bothered the other members. Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao managed to make time to come back but not Xuan Yi, and every time they asked Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao why Xuan Yi was not back, both of the members just tried to use other thing to distract the members, without telling the truth. 

"She keeps on telling us that she's busy but Mei Qi told us that she has no schedule. So why is she lying to me?" Bona asked. Luda just remained silent, she knew the reason of why Xuan Yi was not coming back since Mei Qi told her in one phone call last time but she promised her girlfriend that she wouldn't tell Bona or any members about it. However, she knew Eunseo heard from Cheng Xiao too as both of them had paid extra attention to Bona.

"Or she really is cheating on my back? With Fu Jing?" Bona asked and this surprised Luda.

"Of course not! Unnie, you know how much Xuan Yi unnie loves you!" Luda turned around and grabbed both of Bona's shoulder. 

"But why isn't she coming back when she has free time?" Bona asked.

"Unnie, be rational! We didn't go and visit them when we have free time too." Luda said as Bona sighed.

"Luda, how do you and Mei Qi maintain your relationship? Can you teach me cause I'm getting tired of this." Bona lowered her head. Luda just remained silent and hugged Bona, allowed the older girl to cry for one more time. A few days later, all the girls were prepared to go for the Idol National Athelete Festival and Bona's left eye still not recovered from the infection so she put on a eye-patch. Exy glanced at Bona who looked fine.

"Just go stay with her." Seola whispered as Exy nodded her head. 

"How is our Ace doing today?" Exy asked while nudged Bona.

"Doing great! I can say that we are going to win some medals." Bona grinned.

"Of course, we need show the rest that WJSN is actually a hidden boy group." Exy grinned back. For the whole day, Exy just sticked with Bona and she was glad that Bona was feeling better. 

Somewhere in China, Rocket Girls 101 were attending their own Idol Sports Festival too. Mei Qi and Fu Jing just glanced at each other and looked at Xuan Yi's back. Everyone in the group can sense how weird the girl was as she was not behaving weird these few days. Yamy even went to ask Mei Qi, Fu Jing and even Chao Yue about the reason but none of them knew.

"You are the dad of the family, her husband, so you go to ask her." Chao Yue told Fu Jing one day.

"Yah! Why is it that you are not the one to ask? You are the child." Fu Jing glared at Chao Yue but Chao Yue just ran away. Fu Jing just sighed and stared at Xuan Yi who only drank milk tea and ate snacks this few days, the same-aged girl was not even having a proper meal. 

"Ms. Wu, are you sure you want to join the run? You know you can ask for my help if you are not feeling well." Fu Jing appeared beside Xuan Yi and the girl just smiled weakly at her.

"I'm fine. I had been practicing for this event. I am sure I can nail it."

"But you don't look so well." Fu Jing frowned and Mei Qi heard it but she just glanced at Fu Jing and Xuan Yi while continued to talk to Yamy.

"I'm fine. I need to get ready for the match." Xuan Yi then walked away. Fu Jing just sighed and glanced at Mei Qi. Everyone in the group had noticed Xuan Yi weird behaviour, its like the old Xuan Yi when she heard the news of her cat passed away is back. They knew it was because of a certain girl in South Korea and also because of the director of the company. Yamy went to comfort Xuan Yi since its the least she could do but Xuan Yi just smiled weakly at her.

"I'm fine." The same thing that had been said by Xuan Yi.

"You need to have some proper meal, Xuan Yi-ah." Yamy gently rubbed Xuan Yi's back.

"I am on diet. Besides, I can survive with just milk tea!" Xuan Yi grinned while showing Yamy her favorite drink.

"But that can't replace the nutrients in proper meal. How about you and me go out to have lunch?" Yamy asked and Xuan Yi shook her head.

"Sorry but I am not feeling going anywhere. Besides, I have plenty of time to go look around after the sports festival." Xuan Yi smiled sadly. Yamy wanted to say more but Zi Ning called for her, saying that the manager wanted to meet her. Yamy looked at Xuan Yi who was waving at the fans and sighed before walked away. Xuan Yi waved at the fans with a small smile. Fu Jing then waved and walked toward Xuan Yi and hugged Xuan Yi's shoulder. This action had caused a certain group of fangirls roared in happiness. Mei Qi saw it then ran toward Fu Jing and Xuan Yi, she jokingly pulled Xuan Yi to her and smirked at Fu Jing. This caused another group of fangirls roared in happiness.

"Yah, she is mine. Do you ever heard of MeiXuan?" Mei Qi jokingly asked, while acted as a gangster leader.

"Yah,I never heard of it. But if you are curious, I only heard of FuXuan." Fu Jing smirked and gently pulled Xuan Yi to her.

"What are you two doing?" Xuan Yi just laughed. Both Mei Qi and Fu Jing just sent eye signal to each other.

"Sorry to say, but Xuan Yi is my mom. So she is mine." Chao Yue appeared from nowhere and dragged Xuan Yi along with her. The fans just roared in excitement. After awhile, Xuan Yi was getting ready for the run. She stretched herself and suddenly her phone rang. She glanced at the caller and quickly answered the phone.

"Jiyeon-ah~" Xuan Yi showed her sincere gummy smile, talking in Korean, calling the other people in a sweet manner.

"Xuan Yi-ah." Bona called, before the sports festival start. She felt the familiarity but her heart clenched for that. 

"Yes? Wait, how can you call me? Aren't you guys are in the sports festival too?" Xuan Yi asked.

"Yeah, but there's still some time so I figure that I want to call you. You know, to wish you luck. I heard that you join the race and the gymnastic."

"Awww, thanks~" Xuan Yi was in full aegyo mode as she missed Bona's voice a lot. However, this just made Bona's hold on her phone become tighter.

"How about you guys? Are you having your meal properly? Please take care of yourself. Remember to remove your make up. Learn from your lesson this time." 

"You saw." Bona whispered.

"What do you mean I saw? Of course I noticed every single news about you. You are my princess." Xuan Yi smiled and waved gently at Mei Qi who just smirked and gave Xuan Yi a thumb up. Mei Qi then went to find manager and tried to distract their manager from Xuan Yi.

"Xuan Yi-ah, I have things to tell you." Bona took a deep breath and said. 

"O-okay, what is it?" Xuan Yi felt something was wrong.

"Xuan Yi, lets break up." Bona said in an oddly calm manner.

"Why? What did I do wrong? Is it because I am not able to be there for your birthday?"

"Xuan Yi-"

"I'm so sorry.I really want to go but I have schedule during that time." Xuan Yi explained but that only saddened Bona more.

"Are you telling the truth?" Bona asked and that surprised Xuan Yi.

"Of course. I really want to be there but I can't."

"Why? Because you want to spend time with Fu Jing?" Bona asked.

"Why is Fu Jing being included in this? What are you implementing, Kim Jiyeon?" Xuan Yi asked and Bona slightly flinched at the usage of her full name by Xuan Yi.

" I saw every single photo of you and her, holding hands, hugging each other, and even some kissing cheeks." Bona's voice started to getting louder and the rest of the members started to pay attention.

"You know that is just fan service. You know it clearly that I have only you at heart." Xuan Yi knew she was getting desperate but she really didn't want to lose Bona.

"I know but I am not sure about it anymore." Bona said it coldly.

"What do you mean?" Xuan Yi asked.

"Ever since you go to that stupid show, you never be by my side anymore. Even when you knew you were going that show, you didn't even inform me! I knew it through the news, through our manager!" Bona started to shout.

"You knew that is because I am finding a perfect time to tell you." Xuan Yi explained it in a cool manner.

"After you win the show, you kept on getting schedule and being busy. Last year, you miss my birthday, our anniversary. This year, you miss my birthday, our group anniversary, our anniversary again." Bona said and Xuan Yi remained silent.

"I am really tired of this. I am tired of every fan meeting there's no you sitting beside me. There's no people feed me seaweed. There's no you to hug me every night like usual. We changed dorm, we picked new room mates, and you are not even here to be in the same room with me!" Tears started to flow out from Bona's eyes. Xuan Yi knew Bona was crying but she remained silent.

"But most of all, I am tired that the jealousy and envy I felt when I saw Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao came back to find Luda and Eunseo just because they missed each other. Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao are able to come back! Why can't you?! Do you even know how I felt everytime I saw how happy Luda and Eunseo was when the other two were back? Do you even know how sad and lonely I am when I didn't see you following Cheng Xiao and Mei Qi?" Bona started to shout in the phone while crying, and she was grateful for the eye infection for once cause due to the eye infection, she was not able to put on any eye makeup.

"YOU DIDN'T KNOW A THING! YOU JUST BE THERE, FAR AWAY FROM ME! LAUGHING AND SMILING! WHILE I'M BEING HERE, ALL MISERABLE!" Bona shouted and took a deep breath. Xuan Yi still remained silent.

"I'm, really, tired of this. I can't fight for this long distance relationship anymore. I am tired from putting all effort in this endless relationship." Bona then took a deep breath.

"Lets break up. Please let go of me." Bona finally said it out and the rest of the ten girls were shocked, yes, Cheng Xiao was there with them as a support.

"U-unnie." Yeoreum said.

"Okay." Xuan Yi said.

 

 

A/N: YES, THATS RIGHT. I DECIDE NOT TO MAKE ONE SHOT. ITS GOING TO BE THREE TO FOUR CHAPTERS, NOT MORE THAN FIVE CHAPTERS.ITS CAN BE ANGST OR FLUFF.. I HAVEN'T DECIDE ON THE ENDING BUT SOON, PEEPS, SOON!! STAY TUNE, AND PLEASE ENJOY IT~