Part 3

Sleep Walking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongbin could not sleep. Something about the murder case had kept him awake. The condition of the body, the intricacy of the stitches. Who would do that? And why?

            He brought back the files containing all the pictures from the crime scene and also the one taken by Leo during the autopsy. His forehead wrinkled. He looked for every detail that might give him some hint about the murderer. Nothing. Not even footsteps were found there except for Luna’s.

            He took out the photos from the autopsy. He would not lie that he was shook when he saw all the misplaced organs. Again, why? What’s the point? The murderer could have picked up all the organs and sell it online in the black market. Huge profit. But he or she didn’t.

            None of the evidence obtained showed whether the killer was a male or a female as everything that had been done towards the victim could have been done by anyone, except that the murderer might have something wrong with their head.

            Hongbin let out a huge sigh, ruffling his hair in frustration. His under eyes were becoming even darker. He pulled the coffee mug which was placed just under the table lamp. After a few sips, he put it away and leaned against his chair. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

The man, again clad in black leather jeans and jacket, walked alone down the wet road. No one was there as it was already very late. He walked as if he’s strolling without any intention

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter