treat!

in another world

Hyunjin really shouldn't have been surprised when Heejin turned up to her door wearing a Naruto costume. A way too realistic one. It was of the sand dude, if she remembered correctly, the one Heejin kept pointing out and saying was awesome whenever she forced Hyunjin to watch.

It was embarrassing to admit, but Hyunjin thought the short red wig and thick eyeliner to match the sand dude's intense eyes kinda looked good on Heejin. Then again, Hyunjin's crush on the shorter girl made it impossible for Heejin to not look good. The costume was actually kind of impressive, obvious that Heejin had put a lot of effort into making it.

"His name's Gaara!" Heejin whined, after Hyunjin introduced her as 'the sand dude' to her brother who was eating the candy meant for kids trick-or-treating. "Anyways, that doesn't matter- where's your costume?" She frowned at Hyunjin's all-black attire.

"This is my costume." Hyunjin turned around, showing the small tail pinned to her skinny jeans. She would've worn her actual tail, but its vibrant purple colour didn't match the black cat ears she had recently bought for this very occasion, which she just now slipped on. "Let's go," Hyunjin said, gesturing to the door.

"No way!" Heejin huffed, folding her arms across her chest. "I can't walk around with you looking like that-- I look like I'm friends with a furry!"

"You are. And I'm friends with a weeb." Hyunjin frowned, letting out a deep sigh. "We both lose."


"That's not fair!" Heejin shouted, stomping her foot in annoyance after yet another house refused to give them candy, saying they were too old to be trick-or-treating. "I worked hard on this, you know!"

As funny as Heejin being annoyed was (it was very funny, annoying Heejin was one of Hyunjin's favourite pastimes), Heejin being legitimately upset was horrible. And Hyunjin knew if she let Heejin keep ranting - "I mean, there's worse things we could be doing! God knows what goes on during Vivi's Halloween parties!" - Heejin would quickly become just that.

Hyunjin rattled her brain, trying to come up with a quick solution, until "Ask me," Hyunjin interrupted.

Heejin stared at her blankly. "What?" she asked, incredulous.

"Ask me. You know 'trick or treat?" Heejin looked confused, but did it anyway.

"Trick or treat?"

"Treat!" Hyunjin said, leaning in to land a surprise kiss on Heejin's soft lips. Her eyes came to a close the instant they made contact, savouring in the feeling. The sweetest candy she's ever had.

Yeah, this is the best Halloween ever, Hyunjin thought, laughing as she pulled away and Heejin moved back in to kiss her again.