sneaking in

in another world

A soft giggle presses into Hyunjin's mouth, her chest filling with warmth as the light laughter vibrates against her lips. There's something about how the only sounds in the small room are them - making their breaths and whispers and giggles fill up the limited space until it seems like all they are all that exists.

It's a blissful type of privacy they practically never get to enjoy, what with Heejin's strict private school being anti-visitor, pro-curfew and all. They never really get the opportunity to spend time together.

It's difficult. 

Some nights, Hyunjin can't stand not seeing the other girl. On nights like that, she sneaks out of her bedroom and into Heejin's school's dormitory - a feat that is, to say the least, easier said than done. Hyunjin must have a thousand different scrapes on her legs by now, having grazed her knees on countless ledges and jutting bits of brick. But she'd climb any wall to reach Heejin's window. 

Difficult but worth it, Hyunjin likes to say. Especially when an adorably sleepy Heejin opens her window - clearly confused and still half asleep. It's magical, Hyunjin thinks, how Heejin's expression instantly turns to a broad smile upon seeing her.

"What are you doing here?" Heejin asks, trying to seem reprimanding but utterly failing. Hyunjin thinks it's cute how Heejin pretends not to miss her.

"Came to see you." Hyunjin tilts her head, gesturing to her arms - aching from gripping onto the metal of the window at an awkward angle. "Help me up?"

She doesn't need help - especially not from Heejin, who (while exceptional at many things) lacks the proper upper body strength to assist in lifting Hyunjin through the gap. However, it's become routine for Heejin to help her through, even becoming one of Hyunjin's favourite parts of her late night visits. There's just something so indescribably cute about it - from the way Heejin's face scrunches up, to the tight grip Hyunjin feels on her wrist.

It's always hard to fit through the window. After all, they weren't exactly built to accomodate teenage girls slipping in and out. Something comparably challenging is kissing a pair of lips curved into a grin - but Hyunjin does it anyway, once, twice, then three times until the hands that are holding on to her wrists push back. 

"The headmistress will find you here," Heejin tells her as soon their lips separate. Her hands make their way onto Hyunjin's shoulders, keeping the distance between them.

Her voice doesn't sound as worried as the words would otherwise merit - more of a casual observation than a real warning. They both know the headmistress adores Heejin too much to expel her, in any case, so Hyunjin doesn't take it seriously, choosing instead to pepper soft kisses onto Heejin's jaw.

"Hyunjin," Heejin whines, dragging out the i before suddenly gasping when Hyunjin nips the junction of her neck, the sound making Hyunjin laugh into her skin. "I'm being serious. She'll start her patrols soon."

"Let her find me," she whispers into the column of Heejin's neck. "I'm serious. Lend me one of your uniforms, and we can pretend I go here."

"You're ridiculous," Heejin says, laughing lightly.

"Ridiculously in love," Hyunjin retorts - her chest filling with joy at the sound of Heejin's laughter.