Chapter 2

Playing the Love Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung opened the door to his shared apartment with a senior and his twin brother. He couldn't forget how pretty his new coworker was and was zoning out until he bumped to someone in the room.

 

"Ah, Nako-noona…" Wonyoung scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, I didn't see you there," he replied with a sigh.

 

Nako sensed something in his voice, however. "Hmm? What’s the matter? Work?" she asked, sitting on the nearby couch.

 

Wonyoung pouted as he saw Nako's hand patting the space beside her. He sat down beside her, a pout still on his face.

 

"So? What happened?"

 

"Well, you see…" Wonyoung looked at Nako. "I met someone."

 

A smug knowing look manifested on Nako's face. She hummed, wanting to know more. 'A guy, I see…'

 

"And well… The person has this milky white skin, pink lips, and…"

 

'Oh my god, a jackpot! Wonyoungie, you might be aiming for a really good-looking guy here!'

 

Nako watched Wonyoung describe the mystery person with such hesitation and at the same time, vigor, seeing how Wonyoung's cheeks slowly redden like a tomato. "Ah, my Wonyoungie is in love…!" Nako then patted his back. "Good luck. I'll be cheering you on!"

 

The door to one of the bedrooms open, revealing Wonyoung's twin brother.

 

"Ah, Dohyon. Good evening."

 

"Oh. Hyung. Good evening." Dohyon slowly walked away to the fridge, getting a cold bottle of water before retreating to his room. Before he was able to close the door, however…

 

"Ah, Dohyon, wait! I have something to ask!" Wonyoung ran to his room, leaving Nako alone in the living room.

 

Inside Dohyon's room, his clothes could be seen lying on the floor.

 

"So?" Hearing this made Wonyoung look at his younger twin. "What do you need?"

 

Wonyoung pouted in front of Dohyon, making the boy glare darts on him. "Dohyon…"

 

"Come on. Out with it."

 

Wonyoung looked at Dohyon eye-to-eye. "You see… I met this girl and…"

 

Dohyon's eyes widened. "Wait… You like girls now?"

 

Wonyoung nodded shyly. Dohyon's eyes just narrowed and his mouth was left agape.

 

"The last time we talked, you told me you like Yujin-hyung. What happened?"

 

Wonyoung lied on the younger's bed. "She just… Looks so cute, and pretty, and I cannot explain it but I just can't stop myself from falling when I saw her!"

 

Dohyon's somehow disgusted face mutated to a curious one. "Do you have a picture?"

 

Wonyoung sat up and quickly opened his phone and showed him a stolen pic of Hitomi while she was serving some customers.

 

Dohyon just nodded, looking at the girl's photo. "Good taste." He then looked at Wonyoung. "So what do you need from me exactly?"

 

Wonyoung held both of Dohyon's hands. "Help me look cool in front of her!"

 

Dohyon just glared at him. Of course, what he just asked Dohyon was almost an impossible task. Almost. "Hyung… Are you seriously-"

 

"Come on, I'll let you copy my homework!"

 

Dohyon's ears caught it in an instant. "Alright, I'll make a man out of you!" He stood, his fist clenched in the air. He then returned to his previous position and started typing on his phone. "I'll ask my friends if they can help us."

 

"Dohyon…!" overcome by emotion, Wonyoung jumped and hugged Dohyon.

 

"Aish…! Get off of me!"

 

'Hitomi-noona… I'm willing to change for you.'

 

Ah, the things one would do for love.

 

\\\

 

Hitomi was on her way home when she remembered receiving pocket money from her family in Japan. She had told them what happened and her parents immediately sent her money to keep her alive for a few more days before her payday. She saw a convenience store and quickly ran to its entrance, excited to buy food supplies. However, she didn't notice a familiar car suddenly halting in front of the store.

 

'It's that girl…! I need to get back on her somehow…' thought the person inside the car as he pulled the handbrake up and removed the seatbelt.

 

Inside the convenience store, Hitomi was happily putting things on her basket when she heard someone behind her.

 

"So this is where brats like you shop, huh?"

 

A familiar voice.

 

Hitomi turned around, seeing him again. She sighed. "What is it to you? The store doesn't have your name on it so mind your own business."

 

Hearing this made Chaewon irk. "You!" He grabbed Hitomi by the wrist, pulling her towards him. This prompted Hitomi to use one of her legs to do it again but Chaewon had it guarded this time.

 

"Planning to do it again? I don't fall for the same trick twice."

 

Hitomi sighed and slapped Chaewon's cheek with her free hand. This shocked Chaewon again.

 

'Just how impudent could this girl be?!'

 

"Yah! Why did you slap me?" He touched his cheeks in defense when he felt a familiar sensation in between his legs. "Akh…!"

 

Hitomi grimaced in front of him, putting the last stock of instant ramen onto her basket. "Well, look who's on the floor after falling for the same trick again?" She then smiled innocently in front of him as she bid him farewell. "Good day to you!" She turned her back, not looking at the despicable man whose name she probably forgot.

 

"You…! I'll get you next time!"

 

On the counter now, Hitomi replied without looking back at Chaewon, "How about you get something for the poor little guy first? Preferably an ice pack."

 

The clerks were trying to stop themselves from laughing while packing Hitomi's food in the plastic bag. Hitomi picked up the bag, now on her way to the door.

 

"YAH! Stay right there…!"

 

Hitomi didn't and wouldn't listen to him, of course, and left him inside the convenience store.

 

\\\

 

"I'm a man…!"

 

Dohyon facepalmed after hearing how Wonyoung said the line. It's been a day since Wonyoung had told him about the girl who stole his heart. 'Dohyon, are you really willing to undergo this much difficulty just to copy Wonyoung's homework…?' The thought of having passing marks encouraged Dohyon to keep going. 'Yes. Yes, you are.'

 

"Can't you say it harder, hyung? If the person ends up not liking you because of how soft you are, it's not my fault." Agony could be sensed in Dohyon's words.

 

Wonyoung pouted. "I'm doing this seriously, y'know?"

 

Dohyon sighed. "I'll call my other friends."

 

Several minutes of waiting later, 10 more people arrived. All of them are looking at the maknae of their lineup.

 

"So what's this?" asked Hangyul with a puzzled look on his face.

 

"Bro wants to man up for a girl."

 

Wooseok just looked at the two. "Well, I could set a training regimen for your bro here." But then he remembered something. "But wait… Wasn’t he…?"

 

"As I said, he fell for this girl so it's cool now," Dohyon replied coolly. He then looked at Yohan. "Maybe you can help him with your Taekwondo training."

 

"Fine by me but he has to vanish for a day."

 

"Wait… What's the request exactly?" asked Junho.

 

"He wants to look cool in front of this girl," Dohyon answered as a matter-of-factly.

 

"Oh! I know!" Dongpyo interjected. "How about he join our club instead? Don't we need one more for the basketball team?"

 

"Oh yeah!"

 

"Nice one, Dongpyo."

 

Everybody was fine with the idea but Wonyoung.

 

"W-wait… Does that mean…?" Wonyoung started sweating bullets.

 

"You'll be manly if you join us. Maybe you can use what you learn to look cool in front of the girl, y'know?" Minhee replied.

 

"Learn everything but Minhee's hygiene, hyung."

 

"You're picking a fight now, Dohyon?"

 

"Anyway, let's start!"

 

All 10 of them were enthusiastic about it, thinking it would be a piece cake until several hours passed and disappointment welcomed them.

 

"Hyung! Stop flicking your hand like that!"

 

"Geez… How about we make him do something embarrassing whenever he does something wrong?"

 

"Oh yeah, make him shout the name of the girl while greeting her even though she's not here."

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter