Prologue

Playing the Love Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honda Hitomi, 22 years of age. Single, and still questioning herself if she's ready to mingle. She had never imagined herself falling for anyone's sweet promises of romance and anything like it. And yet here she was…

Falling…

On the hard concrete road. From her bicycle. Caused by a strong mechanical force from behind. What was that? You thought she was falling in love, didn't you? Not a chance.

Our heroine slowly touched her back, obviously in pain. Good thing the damage was minimal. Hitomi couldn't afford to be a paraplegic. Not now, not ever. She wanted to continue living in this mundane world with her system at minimal working capacity, preferably with all working limbs under her control. But enough with her internal musings. She slowly stood up, looking at the bicycle that she's sure has been totaled. Next, to the ramen she was out to deliver. Nope. That too has been totaled by the impact. She was sure that at this point, she was going to be fired. Finally, she looked at the car that hit her, with its driver still inside. The car was a 2020 Ford Mustang, a sign that the owner might be rich.

'Isn't he going to get out and apologize or something?' was the only thing the Japanese managed to think of. She was still in front of the car, unmoving.

But then, the driver decided to get out of the car, finally, with his eyes glaring at Hitomi. His hair was silver and combed down like those typical anime protagonists, his top was a vertically striped shirt, buttoned all the way up, and wore khaki-colored slacks. A rose-pink-colored card

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter