i'll be your home

you are my sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just don’t forget this
One night, far from now
There will be a star that will lift your spirits
That star will be me

 

 

“...the restaurant was amazing but then this band came out behind me and started playing and it felt like such a movie moment. Look at all these photos I took!”

 

Jisu’s colleague whips out her phone and her finger glides across the screen, bringing up a bunch of photos of her dressed in a glamorous dark blue dress, long wavy hair, holding a bouquet of 100 roses with a band behind her.

 

Her other colleagues gasp in amazement, “I’m so jealous, didn’t you say he bought you a brand new bag last week as well.”

 

“It’s on my table,” she smiles sheepishly as some of them disperse to the other side of the room and they hear a bunch of gasps.

 

“Can you tell him to get us a bag too? After all we’re friends…” one of them says.

 

“Does he have any single friends?” another one chimes in.

 

They’re taking turns wearing the bag on their shoulder and taking photos of themselves. “What do you think, Jisu?” she looks over at her.

 

“You are very lucky, Jiyeon-ah” Jisu says, offering her a smile along with her compliment.

 

“Thanks, maybe I should talk to Yeji and drop some hints so she can take you out as well and spoil you.” Jiyeon winks.

 

“That’s ok, I really don’t need much, after all we’ve been together for ten years so it doesn’t matter.”

 

“Of course it matters!” Jiyeon protests, “When was the last time she spoilt you?” Jisu ponders for what seems like forever to Jiyeon who cuts in, “See! You need to be spoilt and showered with love, otherwise why do you stick around?”

 

“Aye, she’s got a kid,” Chaeyeon chimes in. “Don’t be planting ideas in people’s heads. Not everyone needs to be bought out to like people.”

 

“What does that mean?”

 

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Jisu grabs a hold of her friend’s hand.

 

“I’m just saying, relationships don’t work out only if the person is buying you things. I mean do you even know what he likes to eat, his favourite song, his favourite place to visit?” she rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. Jiyeon just stands, slack jawed.

 

“We agreed to take things slow!” Jiyeon protests.

 

“Right but didn’t you say he already booked out an expensive hote-” Chaeyeon is about to finish when Jisu covers and smiles.

 

“The flowers are beautiful, you’re so lucky, so lucky! Hey I could really go for a coffee now. You in?” she flashes a smile that reaches her eyes. She’s not really intending on giving her a chance to answer. “Nice! Lets go.” She drags Chaeyeon by the end and fishes her wallet off her desk.

 

Once they get outside Jisu breathes a sigh of relief.

 

“What was that about? We were just talking.”

 

“You were just talking, she was about to cry,” Jisu snorts.

 

“What I was just asking her some questions. Plus, what right does she have to talk about your relationship like that? You guys have been together for years and she’s been in this relationship for a few weeks and she thinks she knows what makes a relationship work.

 

“The only time Kkura buys me gifts is when she’s made me upset.”

 

“Please you’re usually the one who gets the gifts because you always run your mouth. Also you’re so hopelessly in love with her.”

Chaeyeon grins, “I am.”

 

+

 

It goes on for a whole week.

 

Jisu’s not jealous. Not really. But it does get annoying when the roses starts to offset her hayfever and fill the room with the obnoxious scent. It also doesn’t help that the girls keep coming over to her desk to talk to Jiyeon about it and gush over how lucky she is. She’s developing a mild migraine as well from the incessant squealing as people surrounded her desk mate’s table.

 

“Reckon he’s cheating on her and has a guilty conscience?” Chaeyeon asks one day at lunch. She had insisted they leave the office for Jisu’s sanity.

 

“Please can we not talk about it? I feel like over the last week that’s all I’ve heard about if it wasn’t from Jiyeon blabbering about it to the girl’s it’s her gushing to the delivery guy. I honestly could care less about where he’s taking her to dinner tonight and how super romantic it’s going to be.”

 

Chaeyeon laughs and nods her head, “How’s Yeji and Yuna then?”

 

Jisu rubs her temples, “They’re good.”

 

“Christmas shopping underway yet?”

 

“Yeji’s been playing elf on the shelf so Yuna’s been on her best behaviour. It’s so cute she leaves around little messages and glitter trails around the house.” Jisu finds herself gushing over her wife, “Honestly, she's just like a kid sometimes…”

 

“Who’s going to be Santa Claus?”

 

“We haven’t decided that yet.”

 

It was tradition in their house for Yeji and Jisu to fight over who would take the role of being Santa Claus for the year. It started out with a simple game of rock, paper, scissors, and somehow turned into random wagers like who can eat a pile of pancakes the quickest, who can sprint the fastest or who is the first person Yuna says goodnight to first. They still haven’t picked the wager this year yet but there was still time.

 

“You two, still act like you’re kids and somehow you have one of your own.”

 

“Oh don’t say that,” Jisu snorts, “We’re more like obnoxious teenagers.”

 

Chaeyeon only laughs and nods in agreement.

 

+

 

When she finishes work that night she’s greeted by Jiyeon waiting downstairs holding a bouquet. She tries to avoid her but it would seem as if the other woman catches her in her peripheral. “Jisu!” she waves her over.

 

“What are you up to tonight?” she tries her best to seem interested.

 

“Minhyuk’s coming to pick me up,” she beams.

 

“Oh that’s nice.”

 

“He is, my darling,” Jiyeon says as she hugs the bouquet admiring each of the buds in her arms, “And it would seem like he’s not the only one.”

 

Jisu follows the direction of her gaze to find Yeji walking towards them. She’s got her hands buried in the pocket of her coat, nose and mouth buried into her scarf but Jisu can tell she’s smiling from the way her eyes disappear.

 

“What are you doing here? Who picked up Yuna from work if you’re working late today?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter