The Visit

License
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday came and rehearsals were tough. Yonghwa’s dongsaengs noticed how uneasy he was during practice. He missed a few beats, flopped several chords and forgot a couple of lyrics. He was more tense than usual. It was a good thing that they were left to themselves today— no manager hyung to monitor how they were doing. Jungshin was about to ask what was wrong with him but Jonghyun stopped him, “Not now. He’s probably pressured with the upcoming tour.”

 

Well, that was partly true but they didn’t know that Yonghwa was anxious about surprising Seohyun later. As they were packing their stuff, they heard their phones ding and received a message notification from their manager that they have a free night off.

 

Manager Hyung [6:27 pm]

Request granted on your night off. No follow-up meeting tonight. See you at 11 tomorrow. Don’t be late and no hangovers.

 

Jungshin inquired, “What? Who requested a night off from hyung? How are we supposed to— ”

 

“I did”, Yonghwa cut him off as he continued to fix his guitar avoiding everyone’s gaze.

 

Jonghyun and Minhyuk glanced over to Yonghwa’s direction.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?”, Jonghyun asked.

 

“Yeah, don’t worry”, Yonghwa smiled nervously.

 

“Hyung, are we okay? Do we have a problem?”, Jungshin asked.

 

“Yes! I swear, we’re okay.” Yonghwa assured them.

 

“Aish, tell us what’s the matter. You’re acting strange!” Jonghyun muttered

 

Minhyuk approached Yonghwa and placed an arm around his shoulder, “Hyung, you can tell us. We’ll help you get through this.”

 

Yonghwa cringed, escaped Minhyuk’s touch and raised his hands in surrender “Alright! You win! But promise me that you won’t tease me for this?”

 

All three dongsaengs had a weird expression on their face and nodded.

 

“I’m planning to see Seohyun tonight” Yonghwa covered his face in embarrassment.

 

“WHAT?!” They all screamed as their faces lit up.

 

“Hyung, I can’t believe you hid this from us!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

 

“Yeah! How could you— after that emergency meeting two nights ago?” Jungshin dramatically shook Yonghwa’s shoulders and Yonghwa rolled his eyes in response.

 

“Okay so what are you planning for later?”, Jonghyun asked.

 

“I might as well get your help since you’ve already caught me.” Yonghwa escaped Jungshin’s hands and headed towards the door

 

“You better.” Jonghyun followed behind him.

 

“Hey wait for us!” Minhyuk and Jungshin immediately scooped their things and chased after their hyungs.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

When the boys dropped Yonghwa off SNSD’s dorm, Hyoyeon, Yonghwa’s accomplice, was already waiting for him at the parking lot.

 

As Yonghwa opened the van’s door, the boys immediately greeted her.

 

“Hyoyeon, thank you for helping me but you didn’t have to wait for me at the parking lot. I could’ve gone to the lobby to meet you”, Yonghwa stepped down of the van and greeted her.

 

“No, it’s alright. Actually, I just came back from an errand so I decided to wait for you. Seohyun’s upstairs and she thinks we’re both having takeout dinner but I'll leave you two alone. The rest of the members are also going out to give you guys some space.”, Hyoyeon explained

 

“Okay.”, Yonghwa replied nervously.

 

“Hyung, we should probably go ahead and look for dinner too.” Jonghyun said as he handed him over the food containers filled with goguma jeon, kimbap and other side dishes.

 

“Thanks. Don’t wait up for me, I’ll meet you at the dorm.” Yonghwa warned them knowing that the boys might linger around the neighborhood just to wait for him to finish.

 

“Aish, hyung relax. As much as we’d love to see you and Hyun~ together, we’d rather use this free time for ourselves before our tour starts”, Jungshin teased while Yonghwa’s scowled at him.

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t hide her laugh in amusement. “Oppa just chill out. You’re gonna be fine.”

 

“Bye noona, take care of our hyung will you?”, Jungshin nudged Minhyuk by his side who was already giving him a warning look as well.

 

“Arraso. Bye everyone! Let’s go oppa.”, Hyoyeon bowed and motioned towards the elevators with Yonghwa.

 

Jungshin was still smiling like a fool until Jonghyun smacked him on the head.

 

“Drop it, Jungshin.” Jonghyun scolded him.

_____

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter