The Meeting

License
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun have been exclusively dating for four months since their WGM episode ended.

 

To say the least, they started dating two weeks after Yonghwa’s dongsaengs informed him of what they’ve seen during their last panel guesting at the WGM studio:

 

When the boys returned to the dorm that night, Jungshin gathered everyone to the living room for an emergency meeting: an intervention for their Hyung. Yonghwa forgot about his bandmates’ schedule that day so he was caught off guard when the boys started reporting on their thoughts about their last episode in full detail. Yes, they told him EVERYTHING: from their money splurge on the stuffed animals, saying goodbye to their cozy home, the unforgettable surprise inside his trunk, Seohyun’s story book, and up to Seohyun’s heartfelt confession at her last interview.

 

He remembered that their maknae had a serious expression on his face, “Hyung, I know you’ve been hesitant on making a move on Seohyun but from what we’ve seen in that last clip, she hasn’t been faking it for the show or her image.”

 

Jonghyun added, “If I were you, I’d be quick on my feet. You know that her suitors are going to be more aggressive once your final episode is televised. She won’t be able to joke around with the lame excuse that she’s married to you.”

 

Of course, Minhyuk wouldn’t let him go that easily, “Hyung, just go for it. Don’t even attempt on betting the push and pull game cause you know it’s not gonna end up well.”

 

If his dongsaengs’ pep talk didn’t knock some sense to him, he probably would’ve regretted it for the rest of his life. He was speechless and was in deep thought. He shook his head, took a deep breath and stood up from the couch. He sincerely thanked the boys for their concern and headed for his room.

 

As he was about to open his door, Jungshin called him out, “Hyung, promise us you’ll consider it?”

 

Yonghwa glanced back and smiled. “Yeah, I’m already working on it.”

 

His dongsaengs erupted into loud cheers and Jungshin affirmed his loyalty as the official president of the YongSeo fanclub when he started to perform the rap part of Love Light. Yonghwa just chuckled at how they quickly transformed from mature adults to immature kids.

 

Despite that, he was so grateful for his brothers. No matter how serious or childish they acted in front of him, he knew that they just really care. They have never stopped supporting him since day one and he would do the same for them.

 

And so he went back to his room and grabbed his guitar. He started plucking the chords of First Time Lovers. Truth be told, he couldn’t wipe the smile off his face as kept thinking about her.

 

Little did his dongsaengs know that Yonghwa has been keeping a secret from them. On their last day of filming, the crew thought he was fooling around when he told Hyun, “Please accept my heart”, as he handed her the bouquet of flowers with an actual letter of confession carefully placed in the middle of the floral arrangement.

 

In his letter he wrote: Hyun~ Can you believe that we’re about to end filming soon? My life is going to so dull without you. I bet yours will even be more boring compared to mine. (No one can fool around you the way I do! Kekeke.) Thank you for accepting me as your Nampyeon. Even if we were awkward at first, I am grateful that we’ve gotten a lot closer now. I know I’ve had my shortcomings and I still feel so sorry about losing your scarf, but please know that I’ve really grown as a person because of you. We’ve gone through many experiences together and built memories that would last our lifetime. I hope that this won’t be the last day we’d get to do this. I’ve gotten so attached to you that I’m scared if I don’t take this chance now to tell you how I feel, I might never get to do so again. Hyun, I think I’ve fallen for you. I really like you. I wish I could tell this to you in person but I wanted this to be personal without any cameras following us around. I hope you feel the same way about me too. I want to pursue you for real. No missions, no cameras, just us. I don’t want you to feel pressured to answer me immediately. I am willing to wait for you. When you are ready, I will be here. I hope that someday you’ll accept my heart.♡ Yong~

 

Yonghwa went through a whirlwind of emotions after dropping Seohyun off at her dorm. As he drove back home, he felt his palms sweating, he heard his heartbeat drumming in his chest, and worst of all, he felt a lump on his throat. He didn’t understand why he was feeling that way. Maybe it was anxiousness that he might scare Seohyun away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter