is it there or is it gone?

sad to say, i’m already yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was not blantantly ignoring Sehun’s presence after the name of his ex comes up. Of course he isn’t dumping Sehun while chatting nervously with Kyungsoo who has his utmost attention to the drink he’s pouring up for the customers that occasionally come by. After all, Jongin brought him to this bar in the very first place. However, Sehun cannot stop but to wonder why Jongin looks so tensed and he has that habit of biting his lips until it reddens on its own. No, Jongin probably thought of avoiding his ex.

“Do you want to go home now?” Sehun asked, mentally exhausted with the way Jongin’s finger circled his cocktail glass. It’s empty now.

“No!” he looked up at Sehun with the speed of light. Sehun noticed that Jongin’s cheeks reddened but he’s not sure whether it’s from the air conditioner or the alcohol.

“Can we wait up a bit? I’m not some kind of loser with a curfew. It’s barely 10 pm now.” He laughs softly. Fingers still circling the damned glass. Sehun knows Jongin’s fingers are dainty even with his left point fingernail being chipped.

Sehun let out a laugh by then. Ironic. He knows where this thing ended. Jongin kept denying that he still has a feeling towards Chanyeol, but it’s a lie because he does. If he really doesn’t have any feeling left, he wouldn’t be this nervous. He wouldn’t be making the same bad decision of crawling back to Chanyeol after crying his heart out to Baekhyun and Yixing. He wouldn’t wait for Chanyeol while Sehun is sitting beside him patiently, like a dog thirsty for some water. 

But Jongin have that sparkle of hope in his eyes like it’s always embedded there and he’s oh so nice, sending Sehun occasional smiles. He ordered another drink and honest to God, Sehun is starting to feel his throat dry and he think he need some alcohol to mend his expectation on the boy beside him. So, instead of jack and coke, he ordered coke only because he is a responsible man and he will not let Jongin go home alone with a taxi.

The bell of the door suddenly rings, it opened wide and there he is, the star of the night. ing Chanyeol and his clique. Chanyeol’s eye swimming through the crowd and he automatically found Jongin. He beams. Sehun’s not sure what Jongin’s ordered but he looks tipsy, cheeks and lips all red. Sehun’s uncomfortable at the sight and he tries to tone it down because it’s weird to be having ual feeling towards Jongin. He respects him enough to not have that kind of thought.

“Sehun how do I look?” he seemed panicked. He brushed through his hair with his fingers. Soft, Jongin’s golden brown hair smells fresh. Sehun suddenly feels lightheaded.

“Um, nice?” he smiles, eyebrows raised. He’s lost for words. 

Jongin’s all smile and not looking at Chanyeol’s direction. Good, Sehun though. He finished his coke in time for Chanyeol to mess with Jongin’s hair.

“Hi! long time no see,” Chanyeol said with his voice too heavy for Sehun’s liking. He’s wearing an oversized dark blue hoodie with ripped jeans in all the wrong places. He hates this guy. Jongin is holding himself back and gave Chanyeol a nod.

“Can we talk?” Chanyeol whispered in Jongin’s ear. The other is looking at him with confusion. “Only two of us?” Chanyeol is pushing his luck but Jongin is looking at Sehun for permission and he cannot say no.

Chanyeol is taking Jongin’s hand into a booth in the middle of the bar. Just the two of them. They’re talking animatedly and there’s Chanyeol with his grandiose hand gestures looking super excited to see Jongin again after his overseas gig.

Sehun is sure that by now his presence is not needed anymore for Jongin because now the other couldn’t even spare him a glance. His eyes are solely on the superstar. Sehun’s not insecure because he aced in department that Chanyeol doesn’t. He could treat Jongin better and he will only have his eyes and hands on Jongin, unlike the other who i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter