Best friend.

Complicated love
Bbuing. Bbuing.

You groaned as you reached out to snooze your alarm clock, your eyes still shut. *Can I just sleep forever? I'll just be sleeping beauty and wait for my prince to come and wake me up* 

"~~~~! It's time for school!" You heard your father banging onto your door. You sighed, the image of a handsome prince in your mind shattering immediately.

"Ne, appa! I'm awake!" You called out as you reluctantly sat up, rubbing your eyes tiredly. *Why am I so tired?* Suddenly, yesterday's events flashed through your head. "Oh right, Daehyun oppa!" A huge smile crept onto your face as you ran towards the bathroom to prepare for school, now fully awake.

"I wonder what school is he going to..." You mumbled as you stared into your own reflection in the mirror, smoothing out the creases of your skirt. You gave the mirror one last smile before grabbing your bag and leaving the room. 

"Is he at home?" You blinked, quietly creeping towards his room, leaning a ear against his room door as you tried to hear if he was inside. Hesitantly, you lifted a hand and knocked onto his door. "Daehyun oppa, are you in there?" You called out timidly. 

No response.

*He didn't came home?* You frowned as you slowly opened the door, sticking your head inside. "He ate it!" You grinned widely as the first thing you noticed the cheesecake which you've baked for him yesterday wasn't on his table anymore. 

You stepped inside the room slowly. "Oppa, are you in here?" You looked around the empty room. *He must be downstairs already* You thought as you turned to walk out.

"Isn't that..." You stopped in your tracks, noticing something familiar sticking out from the trashcan. "....The cheesecake?" You blinked, your smile fading.

*Does he hate me so much?* You frowned, walking towards the trashcan. "At least leave the innocent plate alone." You pouted as you pulled out the plate from the trashcan, together with the note you had written him last night. Brushing the bits of cake off the paper, you read out what you had written.

Annyeong Daehyun oppa! Can I call you that? Well... You my oppa afterall, right?

I know our first meeting is disastrous. And I'm really really really sorry for hitting you! 

To make up for it, I baked you your favorite cheesecake! Umma mentioned that you used to like it. You still like it now, do you? I hope so.

Anyway, let's get along well! ^^


"Is he really that mad at me for hitting him?" Sighing, you tossed the paper back into the dustbin and left the room, disappointed.

"Oh ~~~~ ah, you're awake! Umma made your favorite breakfast today." Your mother smiled brightly as you walked down the stairs. You looked up and gave her a weak smile, yet your eyes automatically landed on Daehyun. He was still wearing his mask and his food was left untouched. 

"M-morning." You croaked out, feeling your heart pounding faster as he turned to you, his glare piercing through your eyes.

You felt your stomach flutter at the eye-contact even though his glare showed pure hatred towards you. His eyes was just... Captivating. *Yah ~~~~, what the hell are you thinking?* You quickly snapped out of your thoughts. Before you could react, Daehyun abruptly stood up and grabbed his jacket, turning to leave the house.

"Where are you going?" Your mother blinked, frowning as he ignored her. "At least eat something." She sighed.

"Not with someone extra in this house." He scoffed, rolling his eyes at you. 

"JUNG DAEHYUN." Your father warned, raising his voice. You flinched. Ever since you were adopted into this family, you had never seen him get angry before.

"What?" Daehyun challenged. "You're going to send me to america again? Go ahead." He spat as he left the house, slamming the door loudly.

Silence filled the whole house. "Was it something I did...?" You softly spoke, your shoulders deflating. 

"Of course not, hurry eat your breakfast. You're going to be late for school." Your mother forced a smile as she disappeared into the kitchen. You turned to your father, but he just shook his head and left too.

*Why is everyone hiding things from me?*

---

"Yo baby!" Your eyes widened as you felt someone jump onto your back, making you lose your balance. But just as you were about to fall, he swiftly caught you back up and placed a kiss on your cheek. 

"Yah Kim Himchan!" You yelled, trying to calm your traumatized heart as you glared at your best friend who had gone into a laughing fit. "Oh my god ~~~~, you should've seen your face! Why are you so weak?" He teased as he continued laughing, clutching onto his stomach.

"I'm not weak! You're 69kg, pig!" You pouted, sticking out a tongue at him. 

"Pig?" Himchan blinked dramatically, acting offended. "Please. Does a pig have muscles like me?" He pointed to his arms. You stared at it, unimpressed. 

"Don't underestimate them, they could KILL. Wanna try?" He smirked as he head-locked you with his arm.

You gasped, quickly breaking free from his grasp. "No! I had already almost fell to death just now." 

"But I caught you." He grinned, winking at you. "Like how those princes in fairytales save their princesses." 

"I didn't know princes were big fat pigs." You muttered under your breathe.

"Yah! I heard that!" Himchan yelled as he glared at you. You gulped, laughing awkwardly. "I said hi." You smiled sheepishly.

"Lie better next time, baby girl. And for now... You're dead!" Your eyes widened as you saw Himchan approaching you with a smirk on his face.

Digidigidum digidigidum.

Suddenly the unique school bell rang from not far away. "We're going to be late!" You shouted, taking this chance to run away.

"YAH!" Himchan shouted, chasing behind you.

You giggled as you ran quickly. At least for now, there was someone to take Daehyun off your mind.

---

Doneeeee. Enjoy ^^

Ta-dah, it's Kim Himchan!