Million Miles

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

Heerin’s P.O.V.

Days went by after that incident. I noticed that with each passing day, Minho tried his best to avoid Hami at all cost. Even if he’s avoiding my little sister, I’m still thankful that he hadn’t revealed every little thing he knows. Key and I would always tell Hami that Minho is busy studying for the University exams or Minho is being recruited by these big soccer teams, so he’s out to talk to them. We’re lucky that she buys those stupid alibis coming from us.

Minho would come to school at the last bell, enough for Hami to stop waiting for him at the hallway. He never talked about that incident and he’s been trying to minimize his remarks when talking to us. Key told me not to mind him that much.

End of P.O.V.

“Minho oppa!” Hami called. She found Minho after half an hour of searching. Minho was headed for the locker room. “There you are.” Hami caught up with him, panting.

“Hey.” Minho gave a weak smile, greeting her. Nonetheless, he continued walking his way to the locker room.

“Oppa, are you busy? I don’t see you that much these days.” Hami walks with him, trying to start a conversation.

Minho just nods glancing at her every once in a while. “I’ve been busy with studies and soccer. The cup will be in three weeks, so we need to practice more than we use to do.”

“I see. Heerin eonni was right after all.” She grins. Minho looked at her. “Oh, I asked Heerin eonni what you have been up to because I rarely see you here in school but Key oppa said that you’re buys with the upcoming university exams and famous soccer teams recruiting you, now that you’re just few months away from graduating high school.”

“They told you that?” Minho asked her and Hami nodded. “Well… that’s true.” Minho was lying too, it was partly true but he was not so busy having meetings with the soccer teams and he just study at night.

Hami stopped walking which surprised Minho so he stopped walking too. “Go ahead oppa.”

“What do you mean go ahead?” Minho asked.

“You have practice right?” Minho nodded, looking behind him to see that he’s standing right in front of the school gym.

Minho laughs lightly. “Okay, see you around.” Minho left Hami to get change for practices. Meanwhile, Hami smiled to herself.

“Hmm… I think this way is good. I’m being childish if I’ll ask what he do everyday…” Hami shrugs and walks away from the school gym.

------------------------------

Hami and Hana are hanging out around each other lately, especially after Hana was discharged from the hospital. Finally, it made sense to Hami that Hana wasn’t trying to steal all the attention that their mom was giving the three of them.

“I’ve been noticing that chain for quite some time now. It’s pretty, where did you get it?” Hami and Hana were out in the garden, Hami busy answering her homework while Hana reads.

“This?” Hana shakes her hand causing the bracelet to clang. Hami nods. “Got it the day I was in the hospital. I don’t actually know from who it was.”

Hami’s eyes squint with her lips curving up. “It must be from Hyungshik oppa.”

“Hyungshik sunbae? Was he there? I don’t remember him visiting me in the hospital.” Hana never knew that Luna and Hyungshik came to visit her.

Hami nodded at her. “He was. When I arrived here visiting you during the night, I saw him exit your room. But I was in the nurses’ station so I really never talked to him.” Hana looks at the chain bracelet smiling at herself which Hami caught. “Smiling?” She teased Hana.

“I never thought that Hyugnshik sunbae was that type of guy. So it is from him.” Hana muttered.

“That’s a sure fact. Who would give you that except him?” Hami knocked some sense into Hana, afterwards continued answering her homework glancing at her twin sister once in a while, Hana is smiling. “Yah, that’s not a good habit, smiling without a reason.” Hami teased still focused on her homework.

Hana pouts and made a blowfish face. “Is it that bad?” Hana laughs asking her.

Hami stopped on her work again looking at Hana shaking her head no. “That’s a good thing. I promise. A” Hami swears holding her right hand up. “And for 15 minutes, don’t talk to me, I need to finish this homework or else you’ll do it.” Hami threatened. “For a smart person like you, you should already know what’s right for you.”

Hana laughs. When Hami doesn’t get her homework straight and right, they always end up on Hana’s desk to finish. Hana felt shivers down her spine. “I’m going to my room first. I don’t feel so well.” She stood up picking her things on the table.

Hami looks up to see a pale Hana. “Are you okay? You don’t look good.”

“I’m fine.” Hana assured. “Don’t worry, I just need to sleep.”

“Okay then.” Hami nods. Hana walks away. “Drink plenty of water.” She yells when Hana reached their front door.

I can’t do this anymore. All this time, while I was trying to fit in my brain that it was Hyungshik sunbae who gave this bracelet to me, why do I see Minho oppa’s face?

I can’t breathe. I went straightly to my room, and then to the bathroom. I popped a capsule into my mouth and breathe in and out. I held onto my chest.

Inhale–

Exhale.

Inhale–

Exhale.

I felt the block on my chest loosen. I lean on the sink and opened the faucet. I splashed water onto my face and looked at the mirror. “Get you intentions right, Hwang Hana.” I may be crazy talking to myself. But it’s the truth.

I'm falling for Choi Minho.

Did I just say that? Yes. Yes I did. He’s the guy… He’s the guy I want, but sad to say, he’s probably the one I can’t have. I looked at the bracelet encircling my wrist. Hyungshik sunbae won’t be that bad.

I sighed making my way into the bedroom. I flop down the bed, face buried in the pillow, Hami’s voice ringing in my ears. "For a smart person like you, you should already know what's right for you."

What is right? Yea… I should know what’s right for me. I felt my phone vibrated on my pocket.

Are you free tonight? Let’s go out for dinner. I’ll pick you up at your place, 6pm.

What’s the right thing? Won’t this be bad? It’s as if I’m going to go out with Hyungshik sunbae just because I need Minho oppa out of my mind.

"Hana, if you agree to go on a date it doesn't mean that you like him. You can go as friends too. Just then you can build relationship as more than friends." Those were Heerin eonni's words.

It won’t be bad right? I started to type for reply.

Okay, see you at 6, sunbae.

--------------------------

“What happened here?!?!?” Heerin exclaimed. She was standing on Hana’s door, looking at the bed. Hana’s clothes were all over the place, even on her desk, where she counts as her most sacred corner.

Hana was holding two hangers, one on her left and one on her right facing the full-length mirror. “Eonni~…” Hana whined.

“What’s wrong? What happened in here? Are you trying to sort your clothes?” Heerin sat on the bed shoving all clothes on one corner. “But… why are the dresses here? Are you going out?”

Hana nodded, tossing her phone on the bed for Heerin to see. “Oh, so you’re going to dinner tonight with Hyungshik. How unpredictable.” Heerin commented. “I’m glad you’re exploring new things.”

Hana laughs at Heerin’s words. “Eonni, you make it sound so impossible.”

“It is.” Heerin quickly answered. “I’m glad you’re beginning to open up, giving him a chance and all.” Heerin picks a black chiffon dress with a beaded detail on the waist. “Try this one.”

Hana went inside the closet and change. “It’s because it is the right choice, right eonni?” Hana asked from inside the closet.

“I don’t get it. It’s the right choice? Right choice for what?” Heerin seemed lost on Hana’s statement.

“I don’t know either. I can’t get my mind straight these days, eonni.” Hana consulted. She opened the closet door. “But your choice of dress is perfect, can’t zip it up.” Hana walks towards Heerin and turns around.

“Here…” Heerin helped her. “What can’t you get straight?” Heerin asked.

“A lot of things… school, personal life, future… things like that.”

“No love life?” Heerin asked.

Hana shrugged. “Maybe that’s one… but I don’t really know. I think I just have to go with the flow of things. Eonni, can you help me pick shoes?”

“Sure…” Heerin went inside the closet, straight on the shoe section of the dresser. “But you’re still young to think about those stuffs. You shouldn’t be worrying about those kinds of things.” Heerin picks three shoes and let Hana try on them.

“Just the right and wrong things, you know how we always go and pick the right thing to do.” Hana explained, getting on Marc Jacobs pewter pointed toes stud heels.

“Of course we always pick the right ones. We wouldn’t want to be on the wrong side, right?” Heerin checks Hana’s attire. “There, all done. Look the mess you made just picking your clothes. Let’s go into Hami’s room, I think she has those curling things for the hair. Clean that up later.”

Heerin went out of Hana’s room leaving Hana thinking all to herself. “Of course, everyone picks the right thing to do. Who would dare pick the wrong ones?” Hana follows Heerin to Hami’s room.

------------------------------

Minho’s P.O.V.

I’m here, sitting across my parents, beside my brother. We’re out for dinner today because appa just got home from his business trip.

“Minho, I heard that you’re being recruited by teams. Is that true?”

“Ne, appa.”

“I hope you are planning to take the university exams too.”

“Yes, I will. I will file the necessary requirements for university soon.” Appa wanted me to focus on my studies more than anything else. “Excuse me; I just need to go in the restroom.”

As I was on my way to the restroom, I notice her… the real her, sitting near the glass window, her beauty glowing in the night.

There she is, with Hyungshik… the girl I want to be with, is out with somebody. Life is never fair. “You’re just a few feet away from me, but why does it seem like a million miles?”

End of P.O.V

------------------------------

REPLIES:

ShineeKEYlovesME, it's freaking out...XD You can have Hyungshik next time, right now, he likes Hana...LOL

Miss_Dummie, but that's what makes it fun, when he's mad.... or not...XD everything will be alright soon.

keroro09, whether it's Luna or someone else, you guys have to wait for it...^__^

vanillatinks, and EONNI, since you've been bugging me everyday, it's a short update...

Sameaknaaa, you love Hana and Minho...but why do you feel bad?

BaiLingLing, that seems to be it...

 

So... yea I know... it's short again, but schedules for school have been really tight these days...but break it coming real soon so I'll be able to update more, or longer ones...don't forget to leave comment...^____^