001

Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's note: Alrighty, here is the first chapter. I'm planning to keep every chapter short and fast pace so if anyone gets confused please do ask questions down below in the comment box. Thank you again for reading this far into the first chapter ;)

 

 

 

“Misoo ah, wait up” the ten year old, Hongjoo calls after her younger sister who runs ahead of her through the snow.

Misoo’s laughter can be heard as she runs playfully through the woods covered in white. Hongjoo calls her name over and over as she tries to catch up with her. As she stops to take a breath, Hongjoo notice that Misoo is nowhere in her sight.

“Misoo? Misoo ah!”

Hongjoo’s eyes dart around as her heart begins to panic. She searches for her younger sister, calling her name as she only hears her own voice echoing through the woods. The sun started to set down and it grew dark. 

“Misoo, where are you?”

Tears are blocking her eyes and her face was red from the cold as she looked around cluelessly. Just as she takes a step forward, she stops right then upon seeing a speck of blood before her. The blood leaves a trail on the snow as Hongjoo begins to follow it. Her heart was racing rapidly as she prays to herself for it not to be Misoo. The trail leads her to an area full of huge boulders and she comes to stop when she witness Misoo lying unconscious there. Just as she was about to run to her, she hesitates to move as she saw a black jaguar stepping forward. 

Hongjoo didn’t move a muscle as she observes that cat; a not fully grown one approaching her in a low posture as it glares at her with its dusty golden eyes. Although she was very scared, she tries not to show it. Her eyes shift from between Misoo and the cat as her mind was blank. Without second thoughts, Hongjoo charges at Misoo and takes her into her arms as she then saw the cat slowly coming at them. 

“Don’t come here. Please. Please!” 

Hongjoo buries Misoo’s face into her chest as she shout and closed her eyes. The cold silence falls on them and carefully, Hongjoo opens her eyes and saw that the cat had already collapsed to the ground. A shocking feeling washed over her and she just stares at that wild animal who seems to be unconscious.

“Hong ah?! Mi ah?!”

Her mind snaps back to reality upon hearing a familiar voice calling out in a distance. Hongjoo looked away from the cat and appearing into her sight was their mother. 

“Mommy” Hongjoo whimpers.

The woman hurries toward them and scoops them both into her arms as she brushes the little hairs off Hongjoo’s face and turning to check on the unconscious Misoo.

“I was so worried. Just what have you two been doing out here?” her mother says in relief.

Hongjoo does not say anything and her eyes happen to go back to the black cat. Her mother followed her gaze and she seems terrified that very second. There was a pool of blood where the cat lies as it barely shows any sign of breathing. 

“Mommy, I think it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter