Winners

Scent of a Rose Writing Contest



WINNERS

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello everyone! As promised, I am here with the final results of the Scent of a Rose Writing Contest! I had a lot of fun reading the entries over the past few weeks, so thank you for submitting your stories for me to enjoy!
 
But first, can we talk about how amazing the Red Velvet-I&S subunit debut was?! SME went all-out on promoting the girls and July honestly felt like the month of SeulRene, as it should have! Getting so many MVs and so much content was awesome, and I love seeing the girls shine on stage like the diamonds they are! And I'm super excited for the Red Velvet remake of BoA's Milky Way for SM Station! Even though a full group comeback most likely won't be happening any time soon, which I'm totally okay with since Wendy's recovery is first and foremost, I'm so glad that the girls staying busy with subunit and solo projects in the meantime. As a ReVeLuv, I am feeling very well-fed and very thankful. :)
 
Anyway, don't let how everyone is being rewarded diminish the value of your prize. Finishing a story is a huge achievement in itself. There are hundreds of thousands of stories that are never completed, even when the finish line is right before them. So to click that box and see that green Completed status is a very big accomplishment, and I hope you all are proud of yourselves for being able to do that. I hope the monthly updates weren't too bothersome and that they helped keep you on track to finish by the deadline. I know I can ramble on about things that probably don't matter to you, so thank you for putting up with me and seeing this through until the end with me. It's been a crazy year so far because of the pandemic, so I hope you all are staying safe during these uncertain times.
 
Luckily, the fun doesn't stop! As always, the Shoes of a Unicorn Writing Contest is open for anyone who'd like to try a more traditional contest. It's probably the longest-running writing contest on Asianfanfics and I hold it very close to my heart. You're free to jump in whenever you'd like. In fact, Round Eleven is currently ongoing, so you can enter and possibly win more merch!
 
Okay, that's enough from me. Thank you again for taking a chance on me and this writing contest. I hope you had a lot of fun participating, because I had a lot of fun hosting this. :)

FINAL RANKING

And now the moment you all have been waiting for: the final placement of everyone's stories!
 
Twelfth Place
 
Eleventh Place
 
Tenth Place
 
Ninth Place
 
Eighth Place
 
Seventh Place
 
Sixth Place
 
Fifth Place
 
Fourth Place
 
Third Place
 
Second Place
 
First Place
 
Congratulations to everyone! Please PM me by August 3 to claim your prize. If you do not, your spot will be forfeited. I will be mailing packages in groups, depending on your location. For the promised graphics, note that they will probably be worked on during the summer, which is when iiluvbubbletea has time to make graphics. I will also be the point of contact, so please message me when you'd like to claim that part of your prize, and I will be sending her the forms you'll need to fill out when you request your graphics.
 
Please don't feel disheartened if you didn't place as high as you would have liked to. All of you have so much potential as writers. I really mean it when I say that I'd love to continue reading more from you all in the future and see how you grow. If you'd like the judging notes for your story, please comment or PM me. I'm happy to give feedback and help you improve.

BEST OF WINNERS

And now it's time to award the three Best Of winners! The amount of karma points for each award is posted on the Prizes page.
 
Best Of - Seulgi
 
Best Of - Irene
 
Best Of - SeulRene
 
Congratulations to you three! Please comment by August 3 to claim your prize. If you do not, your winnings will be void.
 
Once more, thank you so much for joining this writing contest, everyone! It was a joy to read your entries and I hope that this was fun for you as well! If you haven't already, read and comment on the other contestants' entries to show your support! Anyway, take care and I hope to see you at my main writing contest! :)
 

C.E
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY