REQUEST 3 - [Oneshot] Jealous Heart (Campus/Roomate AU)

Jeon Wonwoo X Miyawaki Sakura [Oneshots, Reactions, Imagines, Etc]

Jealousy oneshot!? *cue Monsta X - Jealousy song*     

Jealousy oneshot!? *cue Monsta X - Jealousy song*

Huhuhu, I'm going to enjoy this one alright~! Thank you for the request, dear AznguY13~! I hope you liked it!

So, basically, I'm using the same AU as the first oneshot! This is like, the long, long, aftermath of the previous chapters so yeah, hope that clears up some confusion if you stumbled upon it!

Anyway, onto the chapter~!

"Kkura, I know you're down in the dumps but please don't drag me into it as well," Wooseok said before he casually sipped his drink.

"I can't help it~" Sakura whined as she placed her face flat on the table, sulking at how her friend was dismissing her concern. The latter rolled his eyes before placing his drink down as he stared at her with one quirked eyebrow.

"Well, whining about it isn't going to help settle your little jealousy problem, Kkura."

Sakura looked up to him with a pout as she recalled back a certain event that has been bugging her ever since.

It was just a mere coincidence that Sakura saw Wonwoo walking from another block as he made his way to his class the other day. She thought of calling out to him but to her surprise, she saw him walking together with one of his female classmates. And to be more specific, he was walking with Minatozaki Sana.

Like herself, Sana was one of the popular students on their campus - although Sana's popularity exceeded her own. It was safe to say that she was one of the students that many guys would love to be friends with. In fact, even just by having the same class as her would be enough to make them thrilled.

So, the fact that she saw Wonwoo with her - talking and laughing with each other, it gave her some sort of mixed feelings. She pushed it away as a fact that they were just classmates but then, she saw them walking together again the next day, followed by the next couple of days. Ever since then, the uneasiness that was pooling inside of her grew bigger and bigger to the point she blanked out, unsure of what she should do.

At first, she thought of being direct with him. But if she were to do that, she would actually feel bad because Wonwoo never consulted her like that before. 

There was once that Wonwoo actually felt jealous of how close she was with Kim Taehyung, another classmate of her that she's close with. But Wonwoo never directly asked her what her relationship with him was.

Thankfully, Sakura was observant and she noticed how different Wonwoo was acting with her. From small questions of how was her day and the gestures he showed, she knew something was bugging him. He may have not said it, but the small signs he gave out to her was more than enough to tell her something.

She was hoping he would notice her uneasiness as well. But after a week of not noticing her signs, Sakura had reached a dead end.

Thus, the reasons why she sought out her friend was so that he could MAYBE, gave her some useful input or advice on what action she should do. But unfortunately, Wooseok's wasn't being cooperative.

"You're not helping~" Sakura whined.

"And what am I supposed to help with in the first place? Swoon that girl away from your boyfriend?" he asked and Sakura raised her head in anticipation.

"Aren't you well-known for that?"

 

"..."

"..."

 

"I'll take that as a compliment though," he said after a long silence and took another sip of his drink.

"But in my defense, I don't 'SWOON' girls just to make more female friends," he corrected her. "The action of swooning someone is made by someone who is beyond desperate. For example? Hangyul."

 

"ACHOO!"

"What the hell, Hangyul!?"

 

The noise from the background was immediately ignored by the two as they looked at each other with an understanding expression.

"Point taken."

Their conversation suddenly dropped and none of them were speaking for a few seconds. Until Wooseok decided to spoke up.

"Look, it's been a week. Just talk to him," Wooseok prodded her gently but the young woman lets out a heavy sigh in response.

"It's not that easy..." she answered and Wooseok just rolled his eyes again.

"You're living in the same dorm. How is THAT not easy enough for you?" he asked.

Sakura looked at the young man with an insulted look, as if he had just hurt her by asking her that question.

"Easy? EASY? Wooseok, can you just imagine, having a pleasant moment with your boyfriend only to suddenly drop a stupid question of 'Hey, so I've been seeing you walking with Sana for quite a while now. Is there something going on between you two?' like that! Doesn't that only make things even awkward!?" Sakura said all of those in one breath as she looked at her friend with a defeated and desperate look that made the young man backed away from her intense explanation.

"Well, first of all, I don't have a girlfriend, so I don't know what this 'pleasant moment' feels like," he said both his hands raised in front of him in. Sakura suddenly sat down and placed her face flat on the table again.

"What am I supposed to do~?" she whined even louder.

"I'm sure the chance to ask will come up soon," he said as he patted her head gently. Sakura willingly let the young man patted her head in an affectionate manner - something that she had gotten used to by everyone in her class. 

"Aaaand that chance...has presented itself," Wooseok said with a slightly different tone. She looked up to see what happened but nothing looked out of place. Except, there was a small glint in Wooseok's eyes that told her he was up to something.

And like she expected, Wooseok suddenly started playing with her hair, twirling some strands of hair in-between his fingers while his eyes locked onto hers.

"Um, what are you doing?" she asked, slightly creeped out by his actions.

"Well, doing what I'm good at," his fingers lets go of her hair as he started holding one of her hands, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Consoling."

Sakura wanted to scoff at his cheesy statement but because of his consideration, she decided to go with a slight chuckle in response.

"Gee, thanks. I feel a lot better now."

 

"Is that so?"

 

Sakura's eyes widen in surprised by the sudden familiar voice speaking up from behind her. She turned around and saw Wonwoo standing behind her with a slightly frowned look.

"W-Wonwoo? When did you get here?" she asked, a sudden feeling of anxiety started building up in her.

"Who knows? Maybe around when your friend there started getting touchy with you?" he eyed Wooseok's hand on her hand. Then, a sudden realization hit her.

Sakura looked at Wooseok in disbelief but the latter just shrugged his shoulder like he did nothing wrong. In fact, he had a certain look that encouraged her to go on. She was going to scold him until there's no tomorrow but she had other matters to settle first.

She turned around and got up from her seat, looking at Wonwoo with a firm look.

"Wonwoo, I can explain."

"Good. Because I need to talk with you as well," he said before averting his glare to Wooseok. "At OUR dorm."

The young man left, not even waiting for the young woman. Sakura quickly gathered her things before catching up to her boyfriend - not before glaring at Wooseok who remained on his seat with an amused look on his face.

"You're so dead, Wooseok...!" she mouthed her statement at her friend.

"Do fill me in the details tomorrow~" he said with a teasing tone.

Sakura hastened her pace as she tried to catch up with Wonwoo. Thankfully, she managed to do so due to what she presumed that the young man intentionally slowed down for her. They reached the bus stop and waited in heavy silence. 

While waiting, Sakura wanted to speak up but Wonwoo gave off an aura that he doesn't want to start talking yet. Begrudgingly, she kept shut. 

She was slightly mad if she had to be honest. Why did he have to make it look like she was at fault when she was just hanging out with her friend? Sure, Wooseok tends to get touchy here and there but he did that to almost everyone that he's close with, even to his juniors. 

The thought itself was enough to make her slightly moody. Now, the need to keep shut finally felt easier. Even when the bus had arrived, the two remained silent as they boarded the emptied bus. She even sat at a different seat just so that he gets the idea of what she was feeling as well.

Of course, Wonwoo shrugged it off, much to her dismay. 

Once they reached their destination, they walked back to their dorm in silence until they finally entered their dorm. With a soft click of the front door, the whole room felt heavy as silence enveloped the whole place.

Wonwoo walked towards the living room, sitting on a 2-seat sofa while Sakura remained standing on her spot in front of their dorm's front door. She wasn't sure of what she should do until Wonwoo called her over to sit with him. With a small hesitance, she made her way to him and sat beside him.

"So, what was that all about earlier?" he asked, not looking at the young woman as he kept his gaze straight to the front.

"What did it look like to you?" she retorted and not long after that, the whole room fell into silence once again.

"Looks to me he was flirting with you."

"As if you don't know how Wooseok always acts around others," she said, slightly scoffing at his statement.

"But you let him."

Sakura's eyes widen in surprise at his reply. It almost sounded as if she was in the wrong. Feeling fed up, she looked at him with a small glare.

"You're right, I did. Because in case you weren't aware, I needed someone to console me, especially when you didn't even realize my uneasiness in the first place!" Sakura stood up with a huff, ready to leave the living room before Wonwoo spoke up.

"I am AWARE of it."

Sakura stopped walking. She turned around to see Wonwoo looking straight at her with a firm look.

"What?" she asked and Wonwoo got up, walking straight at her until he was standing in front of her.

"You think I didn't notice? How you kept looking at me with pleading eyes as if you want me to notice what was bothering you?" he asked and Sakura's eyes widen in surprise. 

"Then, if you noticed, why didn't you-"

"Sakura," Wonwoo cut her off. He took both of her hands into his own, giving it a gentle squeeze before letting out a small sigh.

"There are times when you have to learn to speak what's on your mind," he said, his eyes finally became soft as he looked at her with a gentle look.

"Remember that time when I talked about how the rumours of our relationship were bothering me? And I was right to tell you about it. Do you know why?"

Sakura slowly shook her head, confused but somehow, knew what he was trying to say.

"Because I trust you."

Suddenly she felt overwhelmed. A familiar kind of feeling that had been hiding somewhere inside of her has finally emerged when he said those words. 

People used to tell her that the steps of every relationship will be using the same kind of foundation. That very same foundation was called trust. And just like how she trusted her friends, she trusted Wonwoo too. She trusted him with everything that she had shared with him.  And she knew that he will do the same with her.

So then, why did she kept her insecurities of his relationship with Sana hidden inside of her? From him, nonetheless? It made her realized, that her jealousy was just a fool's play - trying to make her lost in seas of uncontrollable emotions. And she was saved from it by him.

Thinking about it, she felt ashamed of herself.

"So?" he asked, snapping the young woman out of her thoughts. "You want to talk about it now?"

Feeling her face flushed, she shook her head in embarrassment.

"Why not?" he asked, one eyebrow quirked at he stared at her questioningly. Sakura kept quiet until she finally admitted why.

"Because it's stupid..."

"Stupid or not, if it's enough to make you into this state, then tell me. I'm all ears for you."

With a begrudging sigh, the young woman looked at him with a warning look.

"Promise you won't laugh?" she asked as she held out her pinky finger.

"Promise," he linked his pinky finger with hers. "Now tell me."

"I..." she hesitated - wondering how should she explained to him. Sakura looked up to see Wonwoo's gaze bore into her. Embarrassed, she cast her gaze downward, avoiding eye contact with him.

 

"I...don't feel good whenever I saw you with Sana all the time."

 

"..."

"..."

 

"You what?" he asked, slightly perplexed at her answer. Sakura, with her flushed face, look at him with a small glare.

"I said that I don't feel good! Whenever I saw you walking with Sana towards your class together, laughing and smiling at each other, this stupid uneasiness and anxiousness suddenly came up and I don't even know what to do with it!" she explained in frustration. Now that she had finally said it out loud, she really wished she didn't talk about it. Because like she thought earlier, it was stupid. It was all just a stupid jealousy.

A muffled voice caught her attention as she looked up to look at Wonwoo. He had his face turned the other way, his hand covering his mouth as Sakura stared at him in disbelief.

"YOU PROMISE NOT TO LAUGH!" she exclaimed, hitting his arm.

"No, no, no. I was not laughing!" he defended himself but the smile on his face said otherwise.

"You jerk!" she pulled her other hand away before stomping off to her room, not before she was pulled back by Wonwoo as he hugged her affectionately from behind. It caught her off guard, but it was still not enough to cool down her anger.

"Let me go! I hate you! You laughed when you promised not to!"

"I understand, I understand~"

"WONU!"

"Who would have thought, my own girlfriend  actually got jealous of someone who got close with me, her boyfriend?"

The two continued to mess around as they lightly bicker among themselves. With Sakura trying to escape from the young man's hold on her while Wonwoo himself wouldn't stop teasing her of her jealousy. Eventually, the teasing stopped as the two laid down on the sofa, appreciating each other's presence by their side.

"Well, I guess that's a good sign if you looked at it in another perspective," Wonwoo spoke up, gentle caressing Sakura's soft and silky hair.

"What do you mean?"

The young woman was eventually pushed from her laying position as Wonwoo pulled her up and looked at her with a very affectionate gaze.

"It shows that you really do care for me."

Finally done with this request! I hope you liked it, dear friend! I'll be honest, I kinda hate myself for deciding to end the story like that

Finally done with this request! I hope you liked it, dear friend! I'll be honest, I kinda hate myself for deciding to end the story like that. My perfectionist sense is protesting.

BUT ANYWAY!

What's done, is done! And in a way, I'm quite satisfied by the flow of the story, even if it was slightly rushed! 

Anyhow, I hoped you enjoyed it! Leave an upvote if you liked the story and wanted some more! Don't forget to subscribe to this story in case you want to keep up-to-date with its status!

Until then, see you~!