REQUEST 2 - [Oneshot/Angst] Mending the Heart (non-Idol AU)

Jeon Wonwoo X Miyawaki Sakura [Oneshots, Reactions, Imagines, Etc]

So, I've got a special request from a very special person, wonkkura! You see, this special requester is a certain someone who made this author, the one who wrote this book you're reading right now, a Wonwoo X Sakura shipper! Whoo~!

So, I've got a special request from a very special person, wonkkura! You see, this special requester is a certain someone who made this author, the one who wrote this book you're reading right now, a Wonwoo X Sakura shipper! Whoo~!

Their edits and manips are the ones that made me jump into the ship. They even explained how their resemblance and traits are similar and how they share the same interests as well!

If it wasn't for this person, this book wouldn't even exist in the first place. And I most DEFINITELY wouldn't even know this beautiful ship exist.

Plus, when I found another book/story about Wonwoo x Sakura in Wattpad, I fell even more for this ship! In case you're wondering which story I first read about Wonwoo X Sakura, it's made by svt_izone with the title name, "Our Feeling". Pretty sure it's a very familiar name for all of you Wonwoo X Sakura shipper out there! Check it out if you haven't seen it!

Alright, I don't want to take your time any longer! So, without further ado, enjoy the story~!

When they say love can hurt you, they were right

When they say love can hurt you, they were right.

Sakura could clearly remember that day when everything around her seemed to slowly fall apart. How every single memory she had with him slowly burned and turned into ashes. How her heart had cracked into millions of pieces.

She thought she had given him everything. She gave him her time, she gave him her presence, she gave him her support. All of it. Until one day, she overheard those words that came out of his mouth.

"I never really liked her in the first place."
"I'm just using her to gain popularity."
"She's so gullible."
"And she's too overbearing sometimes."

Ever since then, she felt hollow. Her heart was too broken to the point that she couldn't bring herself to run anywhere. Because if she does, all she would get were cuts from the shards of her shattered heart - a broken form that will forever remind her of the painful truth.

She should run, she knew that. Yet, she stayed. She stayed because she couldn't accept it. She couldn't bring herself to believe it. She refused to believe it. Because deep down, she yearned to be accepted. She yearned to be loved. She yearned his love.

Those were the reasons why she stayed. Silently picking up the shards of her broken heart, putting them back into its' original form - hoping that once she had fixed her heart, maybe he will finally appreciate her. Accept her. Love her.

But the truth remained to haunt her. Because she knew, even when she was slowly fixing her heart, the cracks remained - a reminder that he was the one who broke her heart. He was the one who made her into such a sorry state.

Ever since then, she felt trapped - unable to leave but couldn't bring herself to stay as well. She felt lost. Living a life chained to a broken love. She wished nothing more than wishing to be saved. But she knew it was hopeless...

 

...until she met him.

When they say love can deceive people, they were right

When they say love can deceive people, they were right.

Wonwoo felt like a fool for thinking that she had reciprocated his feelings. He was a fool for believing everything that she did to him. He thought she was the one. He thought she was different. He thought she sincerely loved him. Just like how he loved her - with everything that he had. 

But the truth was, she never did.

"I lied, I'm not really in love with him."
"I wasn't expecting a cold guy like him to be a nerd. Definitely not my type."
"Hey, the reason why I'm stuck with him is because of that stupid dare you gave to me."
"Sweet talks are the best way to convince people. And it works with him."

Up until now, he couldn't accept the fact that those were the words that spewed out of . All those times that they spent together, going on dates, saying the words 'I love you' - none of them were even sincere from her part. It was all just a fake act. An act to make him feel like he was loved and appreciated in return but the truth was, it was never there in the first place.

He should have ended their relationship at that time. But he didn't. Because deep down, he wanted her to love him the way he loved her. To open up and give him her heart just like how he did to her. Even though he realized, the longer he stayed with her, the more his heart was slowly tainted with her lies and insincerity. 

Ever since then, he locked his heart up - hiding it away from people's eyes at how slowly it was consumed with black marks - a mark that was created by the toxic relationship he has with her. He wished if he stayed longer, if he endured it more, maybe she will eventually open her eyes. But seeing how she showed no signs of changing, he felt lost. He felt useless as if his love had lost its' purpose...

 

...until he met her.

"I told you that I don't want to!"

Wonwoo couldn't help but notice a young man was telling off to a young woman standing in front of him. Somehow the young man realized that he had raised his voice in the bookstore when he saw several people looked at his direction. He pulled the young woman somewhere within the bookstore, away from the crowd.

He wasn't sure what just happened but it was none of his business. He started roaming around the bookstore before he eventually stopped in front of one of the bookshelves where coincidentally, on the other side, was where the previous duo earlier was currently situated.

He could hear them talking but he didn't care. It wasn't until he heard small sobbing from the other side. With his curiosity taking over, he walked to the corner of the bookshelf and spied on them. And as he thought, the sobbing came from the young woman herself. She tried to muffle her sounds down while the young man made an attempt to console her.

At first, he thought maybe they were having an argument. But if they were in the process to make up, then he should just leave them alone. But that thought was immediately erased from his mind when he saw what came up next.

"That's why I told you to stop butting in into my problems...!"

The moment he saw the young man harshly pushed her away against the bookshelves, it was as if time had slowed down and something clicked in his mind. Eventually, he found his feet moving on its' own.

"Is there a problem here?" he asked, approaching the duo. 

It was only then he finally saw their faces properly. The young man looked angry and annoyed while the young woman had an anxious look on her face. They didn't look familiar to him although they looked almost the same age as him, which he assumed they might be students from another campus. But that was the least of his worries.

He told them off for disturbing the others which the duo finally realized the nearby people inside the bookstore had averted their attention on them, watching with doubtful and judging eyes.

The young man quickly left the bookstore, leaving behind the young woman as if she wasn't his concern but from Wonwoo's perspective? The young woman seemed to care about that young man a little bit too much for her own good.

"Was he bothering you?" he asked but the young woman quickly shook her head and apologized to him, and even on behalf of that young man earlier. Wonwoo was immediately questioned by her act. Why would she apologize on his behalf? He didn't even look like he was sorry when he stormed out of the bookstore. Neither what he did to her earlier.

"Please don't think badly of him, he's not a bad person. He just didn't have a good day today," was what she said. She looked up to him with pleading eyes - and that's when he noticed something.

Her eyes looked hollow. It lacks a certain glint of life in it - as if she had lost something dear. Somehow, it painfully reminded him of his own situation. Before he could even say anything, the young woman bowed down and apologized once more before leaving the bookstore for good.

Wonwoo knew something big happened to her but even he knew not to mind people's business like it was his own. But even as he tried to push away the thought, the young woman's figure came back to haunt him in his mind. And it bothered him because he knew why he was thinking about her. 

It was her eyes - silently screaming to be saved by someone.

It was as if fate had finally decided to join the story, the two of them ended up finding each other

It was as if fate had finally decided to lend a hand, the two of them ended up finding each other. In a small and old library, just at the edge of the town - where people rarely ever visited. To both of them, it was like an escape haven. A place where they would surround themselves with books that allowed them to escape reality. To drown themselves into a world of imaginations that only belonged to them.

Especially about love.

But no matter how much they tried to run away, reality kept creeping behind their backs - like a leech living off of them. Constantly reminding them of what their loved ones had treated them. How reality was even harsher than those they read in the books. 

Honestly, they were growing tired of it. To be constantly reminded by the truth. Even when they were fully aware that they had to face it, they wanted to rest. To stop thinking about what had happened in their life. To stop thinking of what their loved ones had turned them into. The heavy thoughts were gradually pilling around them...

 

...until their hands suddenly touched one another, grabbing on to the same book.

 

Their eyes met and that's when both of them realized that they've met before. Somehow the awkwardness came and both of them were contemplating whether if they should let the other took the book first or not. In the end, they ended up sharing the book and read it together.

It surprised both of them how they wanted to learn the same topic. It was almost funny how they also ended up learning that they both shared the same interest and hobbies other than books. Their previous short exchanges suddenly became friendlier and open the more they talked with one another.

It felt nice, they thought. It was as if they could finally breathe in fresh and clean air. 

"He doesn't like to study, all kind of books in particular."

"She hates places like this. She's 'allergic', or so she says."

The two ended up getting entertained as well by how similar their situations were at that time. A boyfriend who hates to study and a girlfriend who hates stuffy places like the library. And for the first time ever, they laughed.

It was truly a sight that they weren't expecting to see from one another and most certainly an action that they weren't expecting of themselves as well. But despite the unfamiliar feeling that was growing inside them, it felt...normal.

"My name is Sakura. Miyawaki Sakura. And you?" she asked and for a moment, he could see a certain glint of life sparked within her eyes. It was almost entrancing how that small change in her eyes completely caught his attention.

"Jeon Wonwoo. Just call me Wonwoo."

Ever since that day, the two would eventually found themselves going to the same library, meeting with each other as they shared their stories. Slowly opening up to one another, learning more about one another and eventually, they realized a certain change in them.

A change that they believed could heal their hearts.

"Have you heard of this famous quote by Johnny Depp?" he asked, one day.

"Which one?"

Wonwoo stopped flipping the pages before he closed the book, turning his head to look at the young woman leaning beside him with her head on his shoulder. She was reading a book at that moment, not looking at him as her eyes glued to the page of her book.

"About second love."

And that was all it took to make Sakura looked up at him.

"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one," he said as he stared into her eyes. The same eyes that were once hollow and lifeless but now, have completely filled up with a certain purpose of life. A light that symbolizes her strength. 

"Because if you really loved the first one, you-"

"-wouldn't have fallen for the second."

Wonwoo stared at her with wide eyes, watching as those words smoothly went out of - as if she had memorized those words thousands of times. He watched as she turned to face him, her eyes never left his.

"I know that quote. I stumbled upon it, recently. And it kind of stuck in me."

"How come?"

She cast her gaze downward, breaking their eye contact. Not because she was hesitating but because she was preparing herself. She was preparing to show him with her most fragile treasure for the first time.

"Funny enough, its' because I found my second one."

"Who?" he asked and her eyes - full of affection, flickered up to meet his.

"You..."

Somehow, it doesn't surprise him. In fact, he secretly wished for her to say it. And she did. He wasn't sure what had just engulfed his locked heart earlier but it felt as if the chains were slowly loosening up and the black marks were slowly disappearing. The feelings that he felt was so overwhelming that he ended up chuckling in amusement.

"What a coincidence," he said as he turned his body, fully facing her. "I also found my second one."

"Who?" she asked but somehow she gave off the impression that she knew the answer already but she still wished to hear it from his mouth. It was funny how endearing she looked when she stared at him anticipatingly.

"Right in front of me."

It was like a light of beacon that appeared in their hearts. How his light healed the cracks of her heart while her light erased the stained inside his heart. The two finally confessed their affections to one another and everything felt light. 

The darkness and the heaviness of their broken love somehow were lifted by the presence of one another. And as if a road had presented itself to them, it became clear to them of what they had to do next.

"W-Why all of the sudden?"

Wonwoo kept silent as he stared at a young woman in front of him. This young woman was his girlfriend. Former girlfriend.

"Because I've had enough..."

He turned away, not feeling the need to explain anything more than what he came to say.

"B-But...wait!" she quickly grasped his hand, stopping him from walking away as they stood on their spot in silence. She gripped his hand as hard as she could - as if she couldn't bear losing him. 

"Wonwoo...w-why...? I-I thought you loved me! And I loved you too-"

"You can stop with the act," he said, turning around to face her, who had a surprised look on her face. 

"I know you never loved me. Not even from the start," and that's when he exposed to her all of the things that he found out about her. The lies, the act, the insincerity of her part. Everything. All the while, the expression on the young woman's face was slowly turning from her earlier surprised look to a normal and cool expression.

It was at that point, Wonwoo knew he was right. That this young woman was indeed lying with her feelings to him. That everything she did was never for him and never existed in the first place. And finally, he was able to cut it off of him.

"I should thank you by the way," he said and the young woman raised one of her eyebrows questioningly.

"Because if I haven't met you, I probably wouldn't understand the difference between deceit and sincere love, to begin with."

And with that, he left - leaving everything they had before behind his back.

Sakura knew the moment she said those words, she would have to face his wrath, one way or another. But this time, she won't falter and she most definitely won't run away from it.

"Why...Why are you suddenly asking for a breakup?"

Sakura was scared but she knew she had to tell him why. And by telling him her reasons, she would have to tell him the things that she heard him talking behind her back. Imagine the shocked look he had on his face when she had told him everything. And the funny part was, he still tried to feign ignorance like he never said those words.

"W-Who said those things to you? I never said those things... You must have misheard or mistaken that for someone else!"

It was pointless for him to keep up the facade. Because if there's one thing that Sakura was good at, was that she could tell if someone was lying - especially when they were in a flustered or nervous state. 

Back then, she had an inkling feeling that he was hiding something from her but quickly disregarded it because, at the same time, she was blinded by her love to him. Her love for him had unconsciously made her turn a blind eye in regards to his actions and words hidden behind his back.

But now, it was all clear to her. To her eyes, her ears, and even her own heart. That this young man in front of her, never loved her for who she was before. He took her for granted and in return, she got her treasured heart, broken by him.

"L-Look, if this is about how I treated you all those times, I'm sorry, okay?" he tried to plead her but Sakura was already closing her ears from him.

"I'll make it up to you, anything."

Anything, he said and she finally looked up at him with gentle yet determined eyes.

"Then let me go..."

That was all it took for the young man before he went into an uncontrollable rage. He gripped her arm, pulling her towards him in a rough manner and started shouting incoherent nonsense. Accusing her that she was using him, she was lying to him, she never loved him and all of those that she never did in the first place. In fact, those were exactly the things that he did to her but she kept quiet and glared at him.

He was taunted by it, from her glare. He raised his hand at her and she was ready to face the pain as she closed her eyes for the impact...

...but it never came.

"Let her go..."

A familiar voice made her opened her eyes and as she expected, it was indeed Wonwoo. The one that found her in the bookstore they met. The one who had saved her from her own prison of shards. The one who had healed her broken heart.

He pried off the young man's grip on her arm and pulled her to his side. And when he saw the bruise on her arm, he clearly got upset by it but nevertheless, kept his cool. He brought her away from the scene, not wanting to attract any more attention nor letting that young man do whatever he wanted.

The young man started shouting, saying that she could go. That he doesn't need her anymore all the while acting high and mighty as he watched them walked away.

"Good to know," Wonwoo said as he turned around and glared at him. "Because you don't deserve her in the first place."

"Wonwoo?"

"Hmm?"

Sakura watched as the young man gently smoothed an ointment on her bruised arm. His gentle touch somehow tugged her heart and it felt as if she could just burst into tears at any moment.

"Thank you...for everything."

Wonwoo looked up to see the young woman smiling at him as tears slowly streamed down her face. With a smile, he gently brushed the tears away from her face, her cheeks affectionately at the same time.

"The same goes for me," he said, leaning their foreheads together as they stared into each others' eyes.

"Thank you for all that you've done for me, Sakura."

With that, their hearts were finally connected, beating in the same rhythm as they sealed their newfound love with a kiss. 

To her, love can hurt themselves. But at the same time, it can heal more than it ever hurt them. And Wonwoo's love proved to her that love does heal one's pain. The cracks remained but with Wonwoo by her side, those cracks were eventually filled up, completely covered with the love he had given to her. She felt at ease, knowing that her heart was no longer on the verge of falling apart. And it was safe to say, she had completely entrusted her new, fixed heart in Wonwoo's arms - to make sure that her heart wouldn't be shattered like the way it did before.

To him, love can be deceiving. But if that love was given to someone with sincerity, their heart will always be in constant comfort - safe from any kinds of pain and forever engulfed in the warmth of their sincerity. It was with Sakura's love that his heart slowly lost its' tainted, black marks. Despite the unsightly state it was left before, she accepted it as she gently pulled it into her embrace. He felt safe. He felt protected and those were all because of Sakura's sincere love to him. And he knew that he had finally given his heart to the right person.

If it wasn't on that day they met at the bookstore, they might have never been aware of each other's existence. If it wasn't on that day they met at the library, they might have not learned about one another. If it wasn't on that day they confessed to each other, they might not be in such a completely blissful state as of now - with Sakura holding his heart and Wonwoo holding hers. The two of them could finally live their life with no burden nor regrets clinging behind their backs. 

And one thing for sure, without a doubt, their presence and existence in their life had completely mended their once broken hearts.

Without a doubt, their presence and existence in their life had completely mended their once broken hearts

Finally done with this chapter! Gosh, that took me forever! Thanks a lot, Writer's Block. You're such a helpful guy. 🙄

Sorry for the late update! I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to post this as soon as I can but Writer's Block was being too clingy to me these days. Not to mention that I am quite a perfectionist myself that I just simply can't stand my stupid, incomplete writing at times which is why it took a VERY long time to post. Annoying right? 

Anyway, I'll just leave that there! I hoped you enjoyed it! I really tried to make it even longer but again, WRITER'S BLOCK! But hey, I managed to change things up and I'm happy that I can finally share this story with you guys~

Leave a vote if you liked it and don't forget to put this story into your one of your libraries in case you wanted to keep up-to-date with this book~

Well then, see you later~