[Oneshot] Between Us (Roommate AU)

Jeon Wonwoo X Miyawaki Sakura [Oneshots, Reactions, Imagines, Etc]

Starting off this story with a oneshot! Are you guys ready? Onto the story then~

Wonwoo casually walked down the hallway, eyes still glued to the notes he had jotted down earlier in class       

Wonwoo casually walked down the hallway, eyes still glued to the notes he had jotted down earlier in class. His previous class had to end halfway because the lecturer had to take an emergency leave, not before leaving some notes and assignments for the students.

Now that he had no other class for today, Wonwoo decided to head back to his dorm and get started with his assignments.

"Hey, isn't that the senior everyone's talking about?"

Wonwoo could hear a female student whispering nearby.

"Oh yeah, that's him alright," a male student said with a slightly jealous tone.

Wonwoo looked up from his book and saw three students talking among them as they looked at him, although they immediately cast their gaze away when their eyes met his.

Wonwoo didn't have to guess long enough to know that they were some new students recently enrolled into the campus. Funny how they just got in and yet, they somehow knew something about him.

'Not that I care,' he thought to himself before heading to his locker to put away his books before heading back.

"Man, he sure is lucky to have one of the campus' pretty girls as his roommate..."

"Oh, shut up. You're just jealous that he got to have HER as his roommate," the previous female student said to the male student.

"You kidding me? Who wouldn't be jealous of someone who got to be in the same dorm with the Miyawaki Sakura? Not to mention he's a guy too."

'Not this again,' Wonwoo thought to himself and let out a soft sigh. 

Apparently, news about him and Sakura living together have begun rising once more. Of course, there were two versions of that kind of news. The old news back when he and Sakura first enrolled into the campus was due to a mistake made by the campus' management. It wasn't their choice to live together but because of the mishandled documents made by the management, they were forced to live together for one year until they can move out and live separately. 

It was awkward at first but eventually, they learned to depend on each other if they needed help and slowly, they felt comfortable with each other's presence.

Currently, as 2nd-year students, they weren't even living in the campus' dorm as they were given an option to move out to give new students a chance to live inside the dorm for the first time. Of course, that doesn't mean they weren't living together again. 

And that's how the next rumour began. 

Somehow, someone saw them and spread the news of them moving into a new dorm outside of campus together. What kind of rumours and talks he heard, he didn't really want to know but one thing he knew was that none of it were pleasing to hear.

"I heard Sakura-sunbaenim started talking about going out on dates on her profile status," another female student within their group spoke up in a very soft voice. Despite her best trying to speak softly, it was unfortunate that Wonwoo has a good hearing. Even when he stood on the other side of the hallway, he could hear them talk regardless.

"Wait, are they seriously a thing now? I thought she's with Daniel-sunbaenim?"

"I'm...not really sure. Her status is kind of vague, to be honest. She didn't mention either of them, so it could be anyone," the soft-spoken student shrugged her shoulders. The three students fell silent and Wonwoo thought they would finally stop talking until...

"Hey, do you think they've done some 'things' between them...?" the female student from earlier said with a slightly amused tone.

"You think?" the male student said with an annoyed tone in his voice.

"G-Guys, let's not get into that. Alright?" the soft-spoken student said in a hushed voice, afraid that people around them could hear their conversation.

"Oh, come on! Don't act so innocent," the female student rolled her eyes. "I mean, aren't you curious? A guy and a girl all alone in a room, surely they'll end up-"

Before the female student even managed to finish her sentence, Wonwoo slammed his locker door loud enough to make her and her friends flinched and stopped talking.

Once Wonwoo locked his locker, he walked past the same group and gave them a side-glance glare. That immediately made them looked away in fear as they fumbled with their own lockers, trying to act casually like they've done nothing wrong.

Wonwoo quickly fastens his pace and heads out of the campus ground. He arrived at the bus station and fortunately, a bus just pulled over right on time. Wonwoo wasted no time boarding the bus and sat in any of the empty seats. All he cared right now was to get out from the campus, away from those people who spouted nonsense things about him and Sakura.

Several minutes later, he arrived at his destination and got off the bus. After a few minutes of walking, he finally arrived at his and Sakura's shared dorm. Once he unlocked the entrance door, he was met with a sight of Sakura sitting at a sofa in their living room, looking at him in surprise before it broke out into a smile.

"Wonu! You're back!" Sakura got up from the sofa and rushed over at him.

"Did you bought it?" she asked excitedly. Wonwoo opened up his bag and took out a food package before handing it over to her. The young woman took the package and opened it up, smiling even widely at the sight of her favourite food inside.

"Ahh~! Cheese corndog! Thank you~" 

She skipped to the living room and sat on the sofa and began eating the cheese corndog in delight. Wonwoo walked over and sat on the sofa beside the young woman.

"You really need to stop eating that all the time..." he said.

"Why not? It's my favourite, Wonu. You know that," she said as she waved the already bitten corndog in front of him.

"Doesn't mean you should eat it almost EVERY DAY, Miyawaki Sakura."

Sakura stopped waving the food and eyed the young man suspiciously with a smile.

"Ooh, someone's not in a good mood~"

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Especially when you call me by my full name instead of Sakura or Kkura," Sakura said as a matter of fact. Wonwoo wasn't sure of how to reply to that statement, especially when he knew that she was right. He lets out a slow, heavy sigh before looking at her.

"You're right. I'm just not in the mood."

Just like that, he got up and walked over to their kitchen area, all the while being stared by the young woman on the sofa. Wonwoo took a drinking glass from a cabinet and opened a fridge to drink. He poured cold water into his glass before gulping it down in one go, hoping that it helps cool his head down from the things he heard earlier back at campus.

Wonwoo was so lost in his thoughts that he failed to notice Sakura walking up beside him.

"You know that you can talk to me right?" she said with a soft voice. "If something's bothering you, that is."

Wonwoo glanced over at the young woman beside her and saw a gentle and soft look she had on her face. He'd be lying if he said he didn't feel calm after seeing that face. In fact, it healed him. Just like how she had always done for him in the past.

Taking a deep breath, Wonwoo faced the sight outside through a window in front of him. Thinking that it was finally the time he told her what got him bothered.

"It's getting annoying..." Wonwoo began speaking. 

"What is?" 

"About us."

Sakura's eyes widen in surprise as she stared at Wonwoo in utter shock. Wonwoo didn't realize the surprised look on the young woman's face because he was still facing the sight outside from the window but he did sense a tensed silent coming from her that he had to look over at her. What he didn't expect to see was the sad look plastered on her face.

"What's wrong?" he asked, slightly worried by Sakura's sudden change of expression. 

"Did I...do something wrong?" she asked, her head hanging low as she stared at the floor.

"What?"

"I mean, have I...upsetted you in any way?" she looked up at him with a worried expression. "Or is it, that you're not comfortable with me?"

At first, Wonwoo didn't get what she meant or where she even got the idea from. It wasn't until he realized what he had just said earlier.

"God, Sakura. No, it's not like that," Wonwoo held both of the young woman's shoulders, making her faced him. Sakura still had a worried look plastered on her face as she stared up at him and Wonwoo felt bad about it. The last thing he wanted was to make her feel like she was a bother to him when in fact, she wasn't.

"I'm sorry, I should have clarified that properly," he lets go of his hold on her shoulders and held her hands instead. "I was talking about the rumours and the talks the students spout about our relationship."

Once he said that, the worried look on her face disappeared but was replaced with a confused look.

"As I've said, it's getting annoying. Worse, even."

"Worse like how?" she asked. Wonwoo hesitated to answer but Sakura gripped on his hands as if she was encouraging him to keep on talking.

"Worse like how we're secretly a thing when everyone LITERALLY thinks that you and Daniel are supposedly 'dating' each other," Wonwoo said and Sakura had a surprised look on her face.

"Eh??" she blinked in surprised while Wonwoo just let out a sigh.

"And what makes things even worse, is that some of them even had the audacity to assume that we've done 'that' thing because we're living together."

He finally said it. If he had to be honest, he really didn't want to tell her about that part. But then again, she might have heard about that rumour as well while she was inside the campus ground. The reason why he didn't want to bring it up was that he didn't want to make her uncomfortable or make things awkward between them again.

Wonwoo looked up to see the shocked expression Sakura had on her face as she stared at him. Wonwoo braced himself for an upcoming awkwardness but what came out instead was a stifled laugh.

Wonwoo looked up to see that Sakura was indeed holding back a laugh.

"What?" he asked. Not long after that, Sakura burst laughing. She was laughing so much that she had to support herself by leaning on him.

"W-Why are you laughing? This is a serious matter," Wonwoo was left perplexed as he stared at her. Once Sakura had calmed down, she rested her head against his chest, all the while hugging him.

"Wonu-ah, in case you've forgotten, we are a thing," she looked up at him with a smile. "The only difference is, both of us decided to keep this a secret from the other students, remember?"

Silence enveloped them both as they stared at each other. Wonwoo didn't know what to say because what the young woman has said was the truth.

They have been dating each other back when they were still 1st-year students at the campus. But because of the rumours and the talks that were going on around, they decided to keep their relationship a secret from everyone, except those close to them. They didn't want other students to begin spreading false rumours once they've learned how they were dating each other.

"But really, me and Daniel?" Sakura scoffed, catching Wonwoo's attention back into reality.

"I can see why they think we're 'dating' but we're just close as batchmates. Nothing more than that," she shrugged her shoulders before looking up at Wonwoo. She caressed his cheek and smiled at him in a loving manner.

"Besides, why would I want to think of other guys when I have you?"

And that was all that he needed to hear to push away all his doubts and worries like it never existed in the first place. 

She was right. Even back when they were still on their 1st year, Sakura has always stuck around him to the point he wondered what was so interesting about him that made her that way. It didn't help that the more she kept staying by his side and keeping him company, the more he fell for her. But he was too scared to admit or confessed to her because he didn't want to make her feel obligated to his feelings for her, knowing how kind and considerate she was.

It wasn't until he heard how students were talking about how close she was with Daniel from another class. If he had to be honest, he was worried. He was worried if Sakura would end up leaving him and started hanging out more with Daniel. 

But she didn't.

In fact, she kept staying by his side. Keeping him company in the dorm even when her friends asked her to hang out along with Daniel. It made him wondered why she even chose to be with him over her own friends and Daniel. Still, he was glad and happy. It warmed him how she still chose to remain by his side.

And that's how he gained the confidence to confess to her and surprisingly, she felt the same way. Imagine the surprised look on his face when he heard that and the fact that she never had feelings for Daniel in the first place. That's what made him happy. The fact that she chose him over Daniel.

Thinking back on what just happened, he felt silly. Why did he even let rumours and empty talks got the better of him? 

Chuckling softly, he gave her an equally loving smile like she did earlier.

"Thank you, Sakura." Wonwoo kissed her nose and the young woman giggled in response.

"Feeling better now?"

"A lot."

"Good, my job is done then. Now that you're feeling better, let me excuse myself because I have a cheese corndog left to be eaten by yours truly~" she smirked and skipped over to the living room where she had placed her food on the coffee table.

"Really? You're prioritizing that cheese corndog more than me?" Wonwoo asked, looking perplexed and hurt at the same time. The young woman eyed him cautiously before getting up from her seat and run towards her room with her food.

"Yahh, Sakura!" Wonwoo chased after her while the young woman laughed in the distance, creating a light ruckus in their dorm.

He didn't care if their silly antics might bother the neighbours. He was happy and content with spending his time with his girlfriend. No matter what everyone else might say or what the rumours might be, the things that happened between them, can only be known between them and only them.

And that's where I'll end this oneshot~ I have to say, I kind of like this AU! What do you guys think? Maybe I should do a different scenario but still using this AU       

And that's where I'll end this oneshot~ I have to say, I kind of like this AU! What do you guys think? Maybe I should do a different scenario but still using this AU.

Fufufu, so how was it? Did you enjoy it? If you liked it and want some more, don't forget to subscribe for more contents and leave a comment if you have any request to share~!

Until then, see you~!