i “hate” it when you-

they don’t know ‘bout us

//

 

being individuals with probably the biggest and obnoxious egos within (the school), sakura and yena were never fond of being labelled the ‘submissive’ one by each other in their relationship. to the duo, being meek meant being ‘weak’. 

 

even when it comes to affection, they would never let the other live. often (as ridiculous as it sounds), they would pretend to detest each other’s endearments when in reality, they would inwardly crave for more. 

 

“listen close and listen well you dirty duck, we are not making out in the school’s washroom.”

 

she recognises that look. there’s that smirk — a corner of her lip lifting up slightly higher than the other —  and there’s that mischievous gleam in yena’s eyes as she slowly advances towards her. like a prey trapped by its predator, sakura finally reaches her doom when her back collides against the cold, ceramic wall. she thickly swallows. oh, miyawaki sakura damn well recognises that look.

 

escaping would be highly futile, considering she knows how her body would react nonetheless. 

 

she hates it when yena clearly has control at this moment, despite the both of them having the same stature. she hates it when yena invades her space like this— her body so dangerously close to hers that she could feel the tenuous warmth yena is radiating. she hates it when she feels herself heating up at the sight of choi yena being awfully confident and smug.

 

“c’mon... it’s a classic!” yena claims, a little too enthusiastically for her.

 

sakura glances at the sudden (cream bread-like) hand pressing up to the spot just beside her head. then her eyes dart to the door which could slam open any second, reminding herself that they are in a public restroom yet yena doesn’t seem bothered the least bit. 

 

her brows crease, giving her full attention back to her cocky assailant and placing a firm hand on yena’s chest to stop her from leaning in.

 

no. it’s extremely unhygienic and this place reeks-“

 

then sakura realises that there really is no use trying to stop her girlfriend because without warning, lips attacked lips. she releases a muffled mewl upon the familiar soft sensation, grunting when yena pulls her slender waist to gently press their bodies together.

 

she frowns when she feels something slick tracing over her lips. the kiss is a little loose yet it burns— she hates careless kisses but it’s choi yena and this girl clearly gives little to zero s.

 

“mmm~ you taste like cherries.” yena murmurs against her lips when they pulled away, the grin on her lips stretching wider than before.

 

yena draws back and inhales sharply as she takes in the view before her. with only the wall as her support (aside from the naughty hand wrapped around her waist), sakura’s giving her a glare which she knows full well is merely because of her being irresistable.

 

blushed cheeks, red lips— wet.

 

“that was sloppy, you .” sakura responded in a low, discontented voice. 

 

funny how her hands went from trying to firmly halt the relentless duck to tightly gripping the collar of her uniform. yena notices the girl clenching and unclenching her jaw as if mentally making a crucial resolution.

 

“...do it again.” 

 

that was when yena knew sakura literally went  it and submitted (to her charms) at long last.

 

they ended up being ten minutes late to their next class and despite their dishevelled appearances and flushed features, their humanities teacher and classmates weren’t at all surprised. they merely assumed the duo were in the middle of killing each other as usual. 

 

the duo found it completely absurd when they didn’t suspect anything more than a brawl. well, at least it was better than being found out it happened to be a rather steamy brawl (of lips). 

 

sakura might just change her mind about making out in public restrooms.

 

///

 

and then there were those moments when one of them would play video games (sakura more than yena) while the other half bothers them to no end. simply due to lack of attention from her girlfriend, of course. if not, it would be sabotaging until the other gets a massive, discouraging ‘GAME OVER’ caption — or anything similar — flashing on their phone screen screaming right at their faces.

 

“stop it,” sakura hisses and shakes her head when yena tickles her ear for the umpteenth time.

 

with sakura’s narrowed eyes glued to her phone screen whilst her fingers constantly glide along, yena knows it’s almost impossible trying to get her girlfriend’s attention. the sheer amount of concentration sakura channels when she games is off the charts. now if only the cherry blossom would do the same to her...

 

yena scoffs, glaring at the phone clutched in sakura’s hand from behind. she finds it foolish how she’s jealous of a mobile phone, something so fragile and small like that? well she can’t help that she hates how it’s getting her girl’s undivided attention while she’s receiving none.

 

watching the japanese playing games on her phone wasn’t yena’s initial purpose when she stood in front of her darn doorstep.

 

so yena settles on something that could possibly get her beheaded by her own girlfriend, because if there’s one thing sakura hates most, it’s losing in her favourite game when victory is merely at arm’s length.

 

sitting behind the oblivious cherry blossom, yena snakes her arms around her waist. she follows up by placing her chin on sakura’s left shoulder, briefly pressing down at the spot which earned her a slight twitch along with the click of the tongue. 

 

still not getting any verbal response, yena tightens her grip and wraps her legs around the poor cherry blossom’s lithe body. 

 

“stop suffocating me! you’re being distracting!” sakura grouses as she fails to squirm herself out of yena’s death grip.

 

well no , it was purely her intention to do so at the moment anyway. anything to tear her girlfriend’s eyes off of that damn screen. 

 

unfortunately, it wasn’t enough because sakura’s eyes remain fixated on her game in spite of being squashed.

 

yena huffs through her nose in discontent, deciding to proceed to extreme measures (nothing too rated fortunately). she begins placing kisses on the back of sakura’s head, which sucessfully rose sakura’s level of irritation.

 

“yen, i’m in the middle of a match...!” sakura complains, trying to dodge yena’s barrage of kisses while maintaining her gameplay.

 

you’d think yena would stop there but no, yena doesn’t stop until she gets what she wants— at the moment, it’s just sakura’s full attention (but it’s so hard). then she advances to her next plan of attack which she guarantees will work.

 

her kisses swiftly travelled south to sakura’s tempting neck, and soon she’s peppering airy kisses on the soft flesh like there’s no tomorrow, even occasionally biting lightly as a tease. she smirks victoriously when sakura shivers, her ministrations causing the cherry blossom to unconsciously tilt her head slightly.

 

sakura grits her teeth, stiffening in yena’s hold as she soon finds it extremely gruelling trying to maintain her concentration on her game. screw her weak points.

 

did she mention how she hates it when yena starts showering her with kisses? especially at sensitive spots? she’s having a real hard time breathing normally right now. her grip on her phone is loose, her fingers are slightly trembling.

 

even so, she doesn’t remove her eyes from the screen. there is absolutely no way she could lose when she’s in second place right now. but yena doesn’t plan on giving her the easy way, does she?

 

“oh my ing god- yena, if i die i’ll-“

 

‘you died!’  

 

yena’s horde of kisses stopped seconds after the cursed caption popped up on her screen. sakura blinks, slowly comprehending the merciless words which eventually echoed in her mind like a plagued mantra.

 

“...i died.” she mutters a few seconds later.

 

at the same time, she realises yena’s warmth is missing, her body finally free from the girl’s grip. sakura’s lips twitched. at least the damn duck has the decency to be scared (she should be) and it seems as if she finally knows the definition of ‘space’. 

 

“babe... baby... kkura sweetie... you know i love you a lot right?” 

 

yena has long gotten up on her feet, slowly backing away from the figure on the floor. she gulps when she senses the dark aura her girlfriend is emitting as the latter slowly rises up to her feet. 

 

certainly it’s a great time to run for her life before she gets beheaded, isn’t it? and away the frightened duck ran, constantly circling around sakura’s room in hopes of not being strangled by her wrath.

 

“come back here you little -“

 

poor duckling, all she wanted was her lover’s undivided attention.

 

///

 

apparently, sakura still wasn’t satisfied by yesterday’s events (yes, the precedent paragraphs) so she decides to take the chance to bother her duck of a girlfriend during soccer practice.

 

luckily, their coach was busy speaking to the team and the duo stood at the very back. sakura glances at her girlfriend who's giving her complete attention to their coach. she creeps up behind yena, before executing her move.

 

she swiftly sinks her teeth into yena’s neck before covering to suppress her laughter due to her priceless reaction.

 

“- kkura?!” yena shrieks and curses out loud, slapping her hand at the spot sakura had bitten.

 

her abrupt yelp startled everyone and gained their attention (with their coach’s piercing glare). 

 

“miyawaki! choi! five laps ‘round the field this instant! goodness, you rascals really can’t spend a day without trying to torment each other.” their coach thundered, shaking his head at the duo.

 

yena’s shoulders immediately slumped and her jaw dropped at the sudden punishment. then there‘s sakura who’s still trying her best not to guffaw despite being punished.

 

“but-“

 

“want an additional suicide run, choi?”

 

yena smacks her lips shut and vigorously shakes her head when her coach threatened.

 

“c’mon babe, unless you really want that suicide run?” sakura taunts her by slinging an arm around her neck, smiling ever so teasingly.

 

yena shrugs off her arm and pinches her side playfully. “hell, i’ll drag you with me, miyawaki.” she asserts firmly, yet sakura hums calmly in response, evidently unbothered.

 

“with pleasure, love.” a sloppy attempt at a wink, then off her sassy girlfriend goes for a jog. 

 

yena rolls her eyes and chuckles, trailing after the japanese.

 

“she’s lucky she’s mine.”

 

///

 

aside from that, sakura has other ways to plot her revenge. she knows yena hates it when she bites her lip whenever they kiss. sakura does it whenever yena had done something to upset her or just purely to burst a blood vessel in her.

 

“ARGH- damn it, kkura! how many times must i tell you i hate it when you do that?!” 

 

yena shoves the cackling brunette when she abruptly bit her lower lip. she chucks a pillow at sakura who falls back on her bed laughing like a maniac. she hates it when sakura nibbles at her lip, the girl wasn’t exactly gentle while doing so. but she hates it more that the action wreaks havoc within her guts, rendering her somewhat dazed. 

 

“that’s it, i’m telling my mom to stop baking choco chip cookies for you whenever you come over-“ just as she brought in the topic of her mother’s (godly) baking, sakura shoots up from her bed like a scalded cat, eyes expanding like the size of watermelons.

 

“NO! she makes the best cookies baby, please don’t!” the japanese suddenly begs, clasping her hands together with pinched lips in front of yena.

 

works everytime.

 

“okay but first, admit that i‘m the better player at apex legends out of the two of us.” yena’s lips curved up evilly, hands situated at her hips as she puffs out her chest with pride.

 

as if she had heard some ludicrous statement (it is), sakura instantly crinkles her nose, dropping her imploring act then and there. 

 

“don’t make me laugh choi, you can barely survive five minutes in.” 

 

because most of the time, it’s sadly true. yena is just stubborn and doesn’t want to admit she sort of at that game. (she still plays it nonetheless.) at times when she does win champion, sakura sees it as a of serendipity. 

 

“what’s that? you don’t want ‘em cookies anymore?” yena cups her ears, looking at her with eyes filled with mischief.

 

evil duckling. sakura grumbles, feeling a vein popping on her forehead upon yena’s annoying taunt. out of the blue, she ascends to her feet on the duck’s bed and with eyes painted with vengeance. 

 

“...fight me, you unfair troll.” 

 

“oh silly, you agreed to war the moment you accepted my confession at the soccer field.” yena mirrors her action and grins smugly.

 

with the reminder of the scene how they first started dating, a crooked smile dons on sakura’s lips. it was rather an interesting explosion of feelings on the field indeed. the latter calmly grabs a couple of pillows and bends her knees in a comical fighting stance.

 

“huh, i should’ve tackled you harder that time.” 

 

then yena clutches her bolster as if carrying a bazooka. s about to get down. 

 

“you should’ve.” 

 

/

 

“girls, it’s time for dinner- oh.” 

 

yena’s mother enters her daughter’s room a few hours later, not quite surprised at the heartwarming scene before her. it happens a lot when sakura comes to visit, not an uncommon sight.

 

the woman smiles warmly, reaching for her phone in her back pocket.

 

sakura and yena have never looked more at peace— all snuggled up to each other on the bed, both breathing even at a synchronised pace. (can you see the chemistry?) she could even spot the subtle smiles etched on their faces as they slept.

 

“at least they remembered the rule about being civilised in this household, how adorable.”

('civilised' re: no funny business)

(yes, she definitely knows of their relationship. sakura has been her favourite ever since she first drew a huge grin on her daughter’s face. yena’s been actively babbling (mostly complaining) about the cherry blossom since their first rivalry and she’s more than happy to entrust her beloved daughter to someone who’s able to tolerate her and care for her with her own ways— the tsundere way.)

 

click. she makes a mental note to print the picture and make it a part of the ‘into the yenaverse’ photo album.

 

a few common assumptions of the people who know nothing about their push and pull relationship; they never get along, they hate each other to death and they will never make up. they just believe rivals don’t. 

 

that happens to be their one crucial mistake— assuming. but that’s alright, the tom & jerry duo suppose. they don’t get to see them being lovable like this so their assumptions are quite reasonable. 

 

(oh, they certainly can’t wait for chaewon’s priceless reaction if she ever finds out.)