━☆⌒* CT03

Under The Lights 2 [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE

Refresh

Monday rolls in swiftly as there is not much to do over the weekend. Kicking off with simple class assignments, Shinyoung gets up from bed, cleans herself before skipping pass the vacant kitchen. Not heading far ahead of the living room, she retraces her steps back only to halt by the kitchen island. Something makes her mind thinks twice as her eyes land on the inanimate object.

The coffee machine has been sitting there for a while, unmoved from the day she left. If she leaves it longer without any intention of using, it might as well be another decoration just like the television her mom has. The first layer of dust already making its way higher. Why does she still own the equipment when literally the one person who knows to operate it is all the way in Japan for the next four months?

Seoul Institute of Arts typical Monday morning is filled with students, especially the first years roaming around, still getting used to the surrounding and making attempts to remember where is where. SIA typical Monday afternoon, however, is still filled with students but this time around they chose to have lunch at the picnic tables in the outdoor study area. The students include a lonely Kwon Shinyoung herself. She learns to love every second she has all alone.

The active study area breaks the so-called quiet time she has nonetheless. As soon as she looks up from her laptop, her calm expression switches immediately, seems to be confused yet interested to see if the familiar figure approach her or not. He might not even notice her sitting there…

“SHINYOUNG!”

Oh, he does notice.

“Hey,” She replied shortly with a tiny smile, hoping she does not appear too happy to meet him after months. “I thought Wonwoo was lying when he said he met you last Friday. How come we never see you here though?” The boy, precisely, Jeon Jungkook voiced and honestly, catching him there is weirder because…just apply the same reason as Wonwoo’s. So she asks the same question to him as well.

“What do you mean? I’m always here for lunch.” He defended and claims the empty bench across her. An evident pout forms on his lips before he adjusts his head on the table. “I would know if you were here last week, Jungkook. You’re doing your internship this semester, supposedly.”

“Ah,” Jungkook bobs his head before continuing, “I’m doing my internship somewhere. Namjoon’s Moonchild Studio, to be exact. I’m his company’s video editor for random music videos and promotion stuff. He doesn’t pay much but it’s enough to live by. I’m here for lunch with Yein whenever I’m free though.” He explained as matter-of-factly and takes off the bag slung on his shoulder to gain extra freedom.

“I see.” Shinyoung’s answer appeared short as she cannot think of any other for a decent reply. She is glad to see that Jungkook does the honour of continuing the conversation with a question. “How have you been? Mingyu misses you a lot! Have you seen him yet when you came back?” The older female smiles.

“I’m alright. How’s he doing now? I don’t know if Wonwoo said anything more but I don’t really have your numbers anymore. So you might want to reintroduce yourself for me to save it again.”

“Understandable. Mingyu is doing his intern at some fashion design company thing. I don’t really know where exactly but yeah.” The boy’s eyes shine all of the sudden as if he is reminded by a very interesting fact. “I think it’s his day-off today. How about we meet up once I’m done with work?”

“Unnie!” A new yet recognisable voice joins in the discussion as soon as Jungkook finished laying out his plan. The bright sparkly eyes hold on while his smile heightens its brightness. Shinyoung might actually have forgotten them being a couple for a moment there. The girl beams happily and immediately attacks her with a tight hug.

“I miss you so much! Why did you leave us?” Jung Yein, her former understudy instantly claims the vacant space on Shinyoung’s side and plops what it seems to be Jungkook’s and her lunch on the table. “Ah, I just need the space. I met my family for a while.” She naturally shared.

“That’s good for you. Anyway, I heard a plan. Can I join too?” The youngest of the three questioned giddily. Meanwhile, her boyfriend pretends to ponder over the enthusiastic statement made by his girlfriend. “Sure, if you don’t have any practice to go to tonight.” He finalised.

“I’m just the lighting designer and operator for the play. My presence is not really needed until the production week begins which is like a month away.” Yein rolls her eyes and hears Shinyoung chuckling. “I can relate to that so much. What play is it?”

“An experimental play called Circle. You will probably see the casting call posters around since they never bothered taking them off. The only familiar production members are Seungkwan, Hyunggu, and Hansol. If the event manager and production manager do their jobs well, it might be the first time that an SIA play will be held in Hit It Big Production’s performance hall.”

“Are you being real? No production team from SIA ever performed in HIB. Seokjin is very particular about what will be occupying his space.” Shinyoung said and Yein takes that opportunity to have her lunch. “I know. The scenographer goes all out with the design in this one. They managed to get Jeonghan to help and Seokmin who is doing the internship there will act too!” Jungkook finished the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter