Prologue

FLASHES

 

JIWON

*flash*

I've seen many camera flashes but none of them ever blinded me— well, for the first time, it did.

No, I thought it did, but it was actually what's behind that flash, his smile.

"Jiwon-ah! Here!" My manager, Jiyeon noona, shouted and snapped me out of my daze. I quickly followed her towards the van.

"Jiyeon noona, please get all the names and profiles of the reporters in there." I said, like it was a matter of life and death situation.

"What? Why? Did they do something?" Worriedly, she asked.

"No, just some personal matters." I said. She stared at me for about two seconds, a short but inspecting stare.

"Okay, we'll take care of it."

-

 

I arrived at my unit and immediately took a bath. Still in my bath robe, I checked my phone for messages.

*Chanwoo sent an attachment*

  - I heard from Jiyeon noona. Here's every reporter in the building a while ago, I didn't miss anyone. 

I quickly opened the file and checked every profile, but did not find the man a while ago.

Biting my lip, I fiddled my fingers and called Chanwoo.

"Are you sure that's every person in the building a while ago?" 

"Well, hello to you too, hyung." He chuckled. "Correction, that's every reporter there, I did not add the guards and other people."  

"Okay, thank you." I ended the phone call. Again, I bit my lips and fiddled my fingers. What should I do? I can't get him out of my head. 

I closed my eyes and recalled that moment, every detail of it. 

It was past 10pm and like usual in the city, there weren't any stars visible in the night sky, just dark clouds and the beautiful full moon. Though no stars were seen in the sky, I saw flashes of lights that kinda resembled stars, and I hated them. My gaze wandered among the bunch of reporters and paparazzi. There, I saw him.

His lips that turned pale and chapped due to the dry cold air, the way his eyes narrowed as he smiled, his nose and brows, his fair skin, his dark hair which I wasn't sure if they were black or brown,

 I want to remember it all.

--

"Is this some kind of present you need tomorrow? You came to me in the middle of the night looking so desperate." Mino hyung said as he added final touches in his work.

"Yes, I mean, not really, but sorry for the bother." 

"Nah, it's good you asked me to do something, if not I'll probably just be wasting my time playing games or some sort." Mino hyung said. I stared at his work and smiled.

"Here, all done." He showed me the portrait.

"Wow, hyung! You did it well! And just two hours for a colored and detailed artwork. You're amazing, hyung." I said in amazement.

"That's still slow, you know. Anyway, here's a plastic cover." Mino hyung handed me the plastic and I covered the portrait.

"Thank you, Mino hyung. Expect the date with my co-actress next week!" I said and I was about to leave, but he stopped me.

"Wait! Can I just ask why would you bother coming here at 11:30 pm just for a portrait?" He asked.

I smiled and stared at it once more.

"I don't want to forget." I responded with a smile.

I want to relive, even just the feeling, of the first time I found a light that lit my world enough to blind me.



 

written 11/05/18