Chapter Twenty

You and Me

Hyukjae crossed his leg to the other while his hand covers his mouth, preventing himself to laugh which is not as easy as he thought. In front of him, there is Donghae who frowns with eyes fixed to all the flowers the flower shop provided. The frowns and pouts are the signs that the man is thinking so hard as if it’s the hardest choice in his life which making Hyukjae wants to burst again.

The shorter man doesn’t realise that Hyukjae always watch his expression from the beginning. Well, it’s just his habit of being too concentrate with something and means nothing could distract him. Not even the loud bell that will always ring everytime a customer coming to the shop and Hyukjae secretly asking how come Donghae stays in the same position for so long?

It’s been almost an hour since they arrived and eventhough the shop provide various flowers, it’s still seems hard for Donghae to make a decision. To be honest? Hyukjae doesn’t know why Donghae has to be that confused since he thinks all the flowers looked so pretty. He –certainly– will just asked the worker to give him a bouquet of flowers without thinking too much.

But Donghae…

“You can choose a bouquet of rose. My mom loves roses too.” Hyukjae said, trying to help his boyfriend who is now reading each meaning of the flowers in the small board near the cashier stand.

Yeah, his boyfriend.

Hyukjae smiles. Boyfriend… how endearing it is, right?

To think they can go to this kind of relationship is still flatter him. Sometimes it feels like a dream but on the other time, Hyukjae knows he really loves to have Donghae around him especially with their relationship now. A few months back then he was not sure he can have Donghae as his boyfriend and to be loved by him.

Remember how Donghae seemed so in love with Siwon? It made him thought everything he did would be in vain but at the same moment, he didn’t want to give up.

“I think a bouquet of roses is a good idea.” Donghae muttered and finally asked the staff to pack it. He groans slightly when he feels a bit sore from standing too long and it makes him feels like an old uncle. Hyukjae laughed teasingly and choose to help Donghae taking the bouquet which is bigger than he expected, with many colours. He has no idea about rose thus he will just say they look pretty.

It’s been almost six months of their relationship yet Donghae is still confuse and tense everytime they will have dinner in Hyukjae’s house. Hyukjae remembers how nervous Donghae was when they went to his house for the first time and Donghae even said his legs felt like jelly, ready to fall anytime eventhough the director had convinced him that his family would be happy to meet him.

“No, Hyukjae. What if they don’t?”

Well, of course, Hyukjae’s family welcome him and even treat him as if he is their son. They talked about many things and in short time, Donghae could feel the warmth and his awkwardness disappear little by little.

When they met for the second time, Mrs Lee even asked him to hangout together which happened on one Saturday. Just both of them strolling inside a mall and the woman did a small shopping on clothes, constantly asked him about his opinion.

They talked and laughed together happily as if they had known each other for long time. But still, he was a bit awkward and scared if he had done something wrong in some points although the woman kept telling him that he was not and she clearly liked him.

That’s why, Donghae also more careful before he acts eventhough Hyukjae has asked him to relax and take it easy.

It’s been six months being together but none of them would describe their relationship as full of sweet and other fluffy things because it’s really not always like that. Sometimes they would bicker over something whether it is important or unimportant things but it never lasted too long since both of them realise how it is not comfortable to trap in such awkward situation and will talk then solve it together.

But the main thing above all of that is, Hyukjae is not the typical romantic guy who is going to buy flowers everytime they’re going to meet or being a sweet-talkers when they’re together. Hyukjae is being Hyukjae, not trying to make everything sounds or romantic nor making things hard. By that, Donghae finds him even more attractive.

Everything is so natural.  

Having Hyukjae as his boyfriend means a whole new world for Donghae. Not only he is able to communicate with the other’s parents and vice versa but Hyukjae also likes to show his affectionate to Donghae publicly. They often make a simple skinship such as holding hand or leans to each other’s body and Donghae can say he really loves Hyukjae’s affection.

The fact they don’t even try to hide their relationship in the company is enough for Donghae to know that Hyukjae won’t treat him like Siwon. Of course, they are two different people and Hyukjae’s family is different from Siwon’s.

Hyukjae’s father didn’t complain when Hyukjae said he wouldn’t keep their relationship in secret. Not that they planned to have married soon but both of them know this relationship involve commitment and they won’t underestimate it while at the same time, they don’t want to rush.

Donghae’s mom is equally supporting them. She couldn’t  even hide her big smile because eventually, her son finds someone better who she hopes can treat her son well and makes him happy.

“Do you really think your mom would love these roses?” Donghae asked again when they sat inside Hyukjae’s car. His hands protectively holding the bouquet, trying to make no petals would fall down and screwed up everything.

Hyukjae starts the engine and drives to the cake shop Donghae wants to visit before they go to his house. His gum is showing due of his wide smile, he can imagine his mom happily welcome them and his sister… well she must be prepared something delicious since she has been bragging about that for a week.

“Yeah…. Who knows.” Hyukjae shrugs his shoulders playfully and bursts into laughter again when Donghae glares him from his side. “My mom loves roses, she actually loves beautiful flowers so calm yourself now, okay?”

Donghae chuckles lightly and leans his back to the seat. He turns his head to see the situation on the street outside. Spring has come and for sure the beautiful cherry blossom turned the street more perfect and lightened his mood even more.

Looking at how the street covered with cherry blossom is tempting Donghae to ask Hyukjae to stop so both of them can stroll around the beautiful street while holding each other’s hand like many couples do. Oh, how Donghae really wants to lay on that street or having picnic there now but he knows he can’t.

But he makes a note about that plan, maybe they can do it in the future? Donghae smiles just from the thought.

At least, he can lay inside the mini-tent Hyukjae has in his apartment later and they can cuddle while watching a movie from his laptop. Though it sounds ordinary, Donghae feeling excited.

And remembering about the plan they will have for next winter is just making him beamed in delightment. Next winter… it will be amazing and Donghae can’t wait for that day.

 

.

.

.

 

Donghae grins widely when Hyukjae comes inside and place their cups of chocolate on the small table beside them with some cookies on the plate. It is raining heavily outside but luckily, they’ve reached Donghae’s apartment.

Their smiles never faded away eventhough sometimes Donghae wonders is it really normal or not to feel like he is back as a teenager falling in love. It’s ridiculous but he won’t complain since the feeling of beside Hyukjae is really nice and it’s true that he is easily laughs when he is with Hyukjae.

“You look happier and brighter now, Donghae.” Was what Ryeowook told him.

Donghae won’t deny since he feels the same. The happiness and positive vibes making him feeling good everyday. Something he didn’t feel this much previously.

After all, the day passed really well. Mrs Lee liked the roses and immediately put it on her favorite vase in the living room and welcoming Donghae gladly to the kitchen. They had dinner together while talking about the company’s steps and others. She laughed when Donghae said Hyukjae is being precise of their next product and involved in constant debate with Kyuhyun.

But then, even after those sleepless nights and how hectic his schedules are, Hyukjae succeed manages himself to looking so fine. The man could walk around the company, checking the report as usual, and eat irregularly which making Donghae complain that habit. Though after that Hyukjae would eat, Donghae still will find a way to make his boyfriend eat regularly without him complaining.

Donghae squeezes Hyukjae’s hand lightly and leans his head to the other’s shoulder. He remembers how happy his mom and brother were when he told them for the first time that Hyukjae and him are in relationship.

Donghae holds his smile when the image of his mom laughing and doing some weird dances coming up and even his brother cracked up and rolling on the floor because of their mom’s funny dance. His best friend –Kim Ryeowook– told him that he deserves this relationship with Hyukjae and all the happiness inside, didn’t forget to congratulate him and the other co-workers also did the same.

Having relationship with Hyukjae is like riding a roller coaster and merry-go-round in the same moment. Sometimes Hyukjae makes him pounding like a madman when he holds his hand but not long after that, Hyukjae will make sure he is at ease and protected.

Their relationship might not be perfect but both of them willing to learn to know each other more and Donghae knows Hyukjae definitely has time for him so they can grow together. No rush, that’s what Hyukjae always said.

And Donghae really looking forward  for their trip. Them. Just Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae. Their first trip.

It’s not because the country they will visit or the delicious food they will taste. Not even the destination Hyukjae had mentioned when they discussed about the places they should visit. But it’s because they will have time together as a lover, they can talk as much as they want, they can getting know each other better, and Donghae is so excited to see another side of his boyfriend.

Six months are not enough for him to getting know Hyukjae. The fact that the director always surprised him with his habit is always endearing and sometimes it is funny. Hyukjae feels the same towards Donghae’s habit but he never thought it is weird.

“Is the blanket warm enough for you?”

Donghae nods and snuggles closer to Hyukjae while the other man chuckles and continue to find a suitable movie for them while one hand keep hugging Donghae. The night might be cold but Donghae knows he has Hyukjae who will give him cuddle for the whole night and willing to chat with him.

Hyukjae lets Donghae to close the gap between their faces, obviously doesn’t care about the movie anymore. They brush their noses and with a certain smile, Hyukjae pecks Donghae’s lips and giving it a sweetly.

They didn’t even hear how the rain started to pour heavily outside there nor that they remember about the still opened laptop as Hyukjae lying Donghae’s head on the pillow and pulling up the blanket to cover their bodies.

Although they don’t know what would happen in the future, they trust each other. Of course, relationship is not work easily, thus both of them will work together. The past will be the past which is a part of their life and they can’t change it. But they want a better future for them and they know they can do it when they have each other.

 

Hi!!!! Hahaha, it's been quite long time since I updated my story, right? ^^ I'm sorry for the long waitsT_T It started when I was sick for more than a week in the second week of June but I still keep writing Can I Stay? and the continuity of this fic^^ and spending my time to watch It's Okay To Not Be Okay (does anyone watch this drama too?^^) and reading fic hahaha. I'll say I've finished Can I Stay? next chapter around 70%, I'll write more later^-^ Sorry for a sudden disappear, I'm alright now!^-^ Thank you for those who had asked my condition^-^ Hope everyone also stay healthy and fine. Thank you for reading, commenting, supporting, giving suggestions, and upvoting this fic❤❤❤❤ This fic finally reached an end^-^ hope all of you will like it❤ Thank you for reading from the first chapter until the end!❤❤