- 1919: Part 4

Thousand Years

“I seriously love it when Chaeyeon is here!” Yujin smiles as she digs in the food.

 

Everyone was gathered around the kitchen for breakfast, which was a rare occurrence as vampires don’t usually wake up in time for breakfast. However, whenever Chaeyeon is there to cook, the vampires won’t hesitate to get out of their beds.

 

“I would love to wake up to your cooking everyday.” Yena looks up in amazement at Chaeyeon as she puts another spoon in . Chaeyeon just laughs, looking flustered from the looks of admiration from the others.

 

Sakura hurriedly moved in between them and puts a hand protectively around Chaeyeon’s waist, “Mine.” She glares at Yena.

 

She then looks at the vampires who were looking at them and declares, “This wonderful human is mine and mine only.”

 

Nako pouts, sad that she won’t get to eat Chaeyeon’s cooking everyday like how Sakura can, “We know.”

 

Yuri, on the other hand, puffs her cheeks and knocks the head of Yena who just smiles, looking adorably cute with a piece of noodle between . She sips up the noodle and went to hug Yuri, “Chaeyeon may be a wonderful cook but I’d choose you over anyone at any day.”

 

“You all are so cringey it’s disgusting.” Chaewon says to the group.

 

“You’re not one to say anything! Minjoo is literally sitting on your lap.” Yena fights back.

 

“Well it up because we’re gonna be cuddling the whole day.” Chaewon says. 

 

“We will too!” Yena puts her tongue out. 

 

Amongst the usual commotion, only two were quiet. 

 

Eunbi and Hyewon. 

 

Hyewon should be happy. She’s been served amazing food and everyone knows how much she loves food. But she really wasn’t feeling it today. 

 

She woke up and Eunbi still isn’t beside her. When she went down, she was greeted by goodmornings and greetings except for Eunbi who never even spared her a  glance.

 

She thought that maybe the leader was busy and concentrating. They would start hunting today after all. She decided not to ask or to bother the girl anymore, even if she does feel ignored and hurt.

 

What hurt more was seeing all these couples infront of her, looking so happy and contented. With this, she imagined herself with Eunbi. Happy with not a care in the world. 

 

But she immediately shook the image away. Who was she to think like that? She was no one. She’s just Kang Hyewon. 

 

“Well the breakfast was great Chaeyeon, exactly what we needed to kick start this day.” Eunbi says something for the first time that day, “I’m going to the basement to get ready.” 

 

She stands up and nods at Yujin and Nako who suddenly turned serious and follow behind. The carefree atmosphere from earlier dissipated and all was left was the familiar tense one from last night.

 

“Although we’re just staying at home,” Chaewon says as she stands up, “We have research duties to do.”

 

“Aww I hate research!” Yena whines. 

 

“Well you’ll hate an angry Eunbi when she comes back to see that we have no progress regarding the werewolves.”

 

A few minutes later, Eunbi, Yujin and Nako reached the living room. 

 

Eunbi is dressed in all black - plain black shirt, fitted black pants and black combat boots - with her hair tied up in a high ponytail. Tied to her waist is what looks like a pair of silver knives.

 

Hyewon was sure she was gapping like a fish when she saw Eunbi like that. The girl was the exact definition of hot.

 

“Remember to take care of the girls.” Eunbi eyed the three vampires who would be left at home, “We’re heading off.”

 

“Chaewon.” Eunbi shares a look with Chaewon who just nods seriously. The leader nods once and then mouthed a thank you.

 

“Let’s go kids.” Eunbi calls on the attention of Yujin and Nako. 

 

When Hyewon sees Eunbi moving out the door, she couldn’t help herself any further. Eunbi didn’t even say goodbye to her. Hyewon takes a deep breath as she ran to the direction where Eunbi was going.

 

Upon seeing Eunbi infront of her, Hyewon suddenly blanked out, not knowing what to say or do. Who wouldn’t blank out? This gorgeous and hot specimen is staring at her.

 

“Is there a problem?” Eunbi coldly asks her and Hyewon almost flinches at the tone.

 

Hyewon decided to disregard this for a while and said what she really wanted to say, “Be careful.” 

 

Eunbi looks away, then Hyewon felt her heart break again. She looked like she was angry at her. Like she didn’t care about her. 

 

“Thanks.” was all Eunbi said before moving past Hyewon to walk to the gate.

 

Hyewon was left standing there, not moving an inch from where she was left by Eunbi earlier. 

 

Was Eunbi angry at her? She wasn’t cold to the others as she was with her. Was Eunbi annoyed at her? The thought of the vampire getting angry at her and hating her was enough for Hyewon to feel a crazy lump in with her chest tightening.

 

—-

 

“What was that?” Nako asks Eunbi  as the three started walking towards the forest. Her voice sounded as if she was trying to maintain her anger.

 

Yujin glared angrily at their leader’s back, making sure that Eunbi knows how angry she is even if she’s turning away from them, “Didn’t you see how heartbroken she looked? How tears were pooling at her eyes?”

 

Eunbi snaps her head back to the two, looking angry and frustrated as well, “This isn’t the time to talk about that. Focus on the damn mission.”

 

The two were forced to shut their mouths up after seeing Eunbi’s facial expression. Her face was stern and serious but her eyes says otherwise. 

 

It wasn’t just Hyewon. Eunbi looked just as broken.

 

When they reached the forest, the atmosphere was definitely different. The leader is almost certain that the werewolves are camping here. 

 

They carefully walked around, checking for any clues or signs of the werewolves. It had taken them about five hours until they came across something.

 

Nako bends to look closer to it, “Eunbi.”

 

Eunbi, upon being called, moved to where Nako was, “What did you find?”

 

On the soil was a white ball of fur, the texture definitely belongs to a werewolf.

 

All of their attention was at the fur that they didn’t notice a creature hastily running towards them. 

 

Eunbi was the first to notice, she hurriedly turns around and steps away from the reach of the creature. Yujin and Nako, being less experienced, were taken captive. 

 

Yujin and Nako grunts while trying to wring themselves away from the grasp of the big werewolves.

 

“Well well, I didn’t think you’d act this fast.” A voice resonated behind the Eunbi, “Crazy what mates can do to us.”

 

Eunbi turns her head around to see Seongwoo smiling at them. The vampires were currently surrounded, three werewolves were infront of Eunbi - two of them held Yujin and Nako - while at her back, there was Seongwoo. 

 

“Let them go.” Eunbi calmly tells at Seongwoo. Her calm voice contained enough venom and spite in it that it was enough for anyone to feel intimidated.

 

Seongwoo however, isn’t one to breakdown from intimidation, he himself being a master of that art, “Hmm, I don’t think so. You see, the flesh of vampires are the greatest feast a werewolf can eat. I don’t think my boys would be willing to just let a good meal go to waste.” He grins as his eyes showed a glint of amusement and malice while he stares at Eunbi. 

 

Eunbi grunts. The least she wanted to do right now was to fight but it seems she had no choice.

 

 “Damn it.” She whispers to herself as she readies herself into a fighting position. She reaches for the silver knife on her waist then with the blink of an eye, she was infront of Seongwoo, moving the knife to his chest. 

 

Seongwoo smiled at the attempt and evaded the knife easily “Now now. This won’t be fun if you end everything right now. Let me have some thrill.”

 

After saying that, ten more werewolves appeared from behind the bushes. Eunbi curses once more when she sees that they were totally surrounded.

 

“I’ll have you play with my boys for a while. I’m gonna be watching from afar so give me a good show.” Seongwoo says. He walks away but Eunbi tries to chase after him. Before she could reach him though, the pack of vampires pounced on her.

 

Eunbi had no choice but to just deal with these werewolves, that was the only way Yujin and Nako could live. She avoids a a claw moving dangerously close to her face. As she maneuvers herself away from the werewolf, she didn’t hesitate to stab the werewolf’s neck with her silver knife. 

 

From another pocket, she takes out one more knife and uses it against the opponents. 

 

“Get down!” She shouts to Nako and Yujin. 

 

The two vampires moved their head down as Eunbi’s knives went flying towards them, hitting the werewolves holding them in captive.  Finally being set free, Nako and Yujin got hold of their own knives and joined the fray. 

 

Eunbi was skilled in physical combat for sure. Aside from her supernatural strength, agility, speed and sense, she also had additional training from being in the military. 

 

This should have been a piece of cake but damn, fighting off werewolves who were twice her size with nothing but her fist is taking it’s toll on her. Not to mention they also had the same set of supernatural skills Eunbi has. And maybe it was also relevant to point out that they were insanely outnumbered. 

 

“I’d appreciate if you bring me my knives back!” Eunbi shouts to Yujin and Nako as she fails to avoid a punch to the gut. Her body twists forward as she felt her insides churn. She however, had no time to cry over pain because if she didn’t move, she’d get clawed by another werewolf moving towards her. 

 

Yujin finds herself back to back with their leader and she hands her her knives back, “You asked?” 

 

“Took you long enough.” Eunbi replied between pants.

 

The fight lasted for so long the three vampires could feel their bodies growing numb. Eventually, they managed to defeat the last werewolf. This is exactly why Seongwoo’s strategy didn’t work the last time. Vampires are just naturally better than them. 

 

“You look like .” Nako teases Yujin but it sounded more like a cry of pain with how much she was breathing and her voice was shaking.

 

“As if you look...,” Yujin takes a pause to stumble down on the ground, “any better.”

 

The two were covered in bruises and scars, they had blood everywhere. But rather than pain, it was fatigue that caused their suffering. 

 

“It’s getting late...” Eunbi says as she struggles to stand up, all the while failing and stumbling to the ground if only Nako hadn’t caught her, “we should head home.”

 

“You’re bleeding.” Nako looks at their leader in worry as she sees the insane amount of wounds on her. They weren’t just scratches nor bruises. There were literally open wounds and almost a few dislocated joints. 

 

The leader took on most of the enemies. While Nako and Yujin took on five each, Eunbi approximately took ten all at once. It was a miracle she was even awake. 

 

“You guys are bleeding too. Are you alright?” Eunbi asks as she leans on Nako to be able to walk.

 

“Damn it leader, your wounds are much deeper and you’re worrying about us?” Yujin says as she hastily stands up to hold her shoulder on the other side. 

 

“As long as you’re fine...” Eunbi didn’t finish the sentence as she felt her chest tighten with every word coming out of . 

 

—-

 

Hyewon almost cries. 

 

She almost cried when she saw Eunbi brought home by Yujin and Nako. Eunbi’s face was covered in scars and blood, her clothes were ripped everywhere and although she was wearing black, Hyewon can clearly trace the amount of blood pooling at her clothes. Eunbi could barely stand or walk when the two vampires brought her to the single sofa chair. 

 

When Eunbi was sat down, she looked up, trying desperately to mask the pain she was feeling. She didn’t want the others to see her weak, especially Hyewon. The vampires and their mates were all gathered in the living room due to worry for her.

 

Hyewon almost cries when she sees Eunbi like that. But she didn’t because she can’t. Right now what what Eunbi needs is treatment, not a tear of worry. 

 

“What happened?” Hyewon tried to calmly ask but it was noticeable that her voice was shaking.

 

“We got into a fight. She took the most enemies and wounds along with it.” Yujin answers sadly. 

 

Hyewon hastily moves towards Eunbi on the sofa. She touches the cheeks of Eunbi which had no wounds on them. Eunbi had her eyes closed as she leans her head back on the sofa. 

 

Minjoo came back to the living room with the medical supplies and hands them to Hyewon, knowing that she was a medicine student after all.

 

She takes hold of a large sterilized towel and lifts Eunbi’s shirt. She gasps as she sees the large open hole on her stomach which was surrounded by bruises of black and purple. She heaves a deep breath then carefully pushes the towel to the wound to stop the bleeding. 

 

She then applied ointment to the wound. Sure this treatment wouldn’t work for humans with a large gaping hole on their stomach but Eunbi was immortal and these wounds eventually heal. Her main concern was to at least alleviate the pain that the vampire was experiencing.

 

Eunbi grunts and opens her eyes, meeting face to face with Hyewon who was focusing on treating her stomach. 

 

“What are you doing?” Eunbi asked as Hyewon wraps her arms around Eunbi’s waist to encircle it with a bandage. 

 

“I’m helping you .”

 

Eunbi stares at her for a while as she thinks how this Hyewon is also a doctor in this lifetime. This was exactly how she met the girl. It’s always her recklessness that brings her closer to Hyewon.

 

Her nostalgic memories were suddenly replaced when she sees the look on Hyewon’s face. 

 

It was a mixture of determination and worry. Almost as if tears were threatening to fall but they don’t because she’s focusing on what needs to be done. As Hyewon looks at her with that look, it stifles a memory in Eunbi’s mind. 

 

That look. 

 

That was how the past Hyewon looked at her. 

 

It was a look of love so deep with full of care. 

 

Eunbi almost chokes back a sob as she realizes that. Hyewon has fallen in love with her. Again. 

 

With this realization, she immediately remembers that she must protect Hyewon. And protecting the human included pushing her away.

 

So she resentfully sits up properly, moving her face away from Hyewon who was busy wiping her blood covered cheeks.

 

“I don’t need your help.” She says. 

 

“Bull Eunbi!” Hyewon finally snaps as she glares at the girl with tears in her eyes, “I get it that you hate me but atleast let me help you! I know you’re suffering.”

 

“It’ll heal on its own. I don’t need your help nor your care.” Eunbi says as she looks back at the girl, her eyes extremely angry and cold, “Ever since you came here you’ve been meddling with our business.”

 

Hyewon lets go of the towel and throws it down the floor, “Who was it that asked me to stay here in the first place?! It was you wasn’t it?!”

 

“That was because I felt guilty for biting you! I didn’t even expect you to stay here for so long! Stop poking your nose in our business and let us live our lives. You’re annoying.” Eunbi spitefully says. She ignores the gasp of the other humans and the disapproving look of her fellow vampires. She ignores the look on Hyewon’s eyes too. She ignores all of them as she closes her eyes and leans back to the sofa once again.

 

She’s afraid that if Hyewon sees her eyes she’d see through the lie. She’d see how much saying those things is breaking her as well.

 

Hyewon, upon hearing those words, nods as she bites her lip, trying so hard to keep her tears at bay. Her arms fall to her sides as she looks down. A few seconds later, she reaches to the medical kit and places a bottle of painkiller on the armrest of the sofa were Eunbi is sitting. 

 

“Take this when you can’t handle the pain.” Hyewon says, her voice sounded emotionless and empty. 

 

She then walks to the stairs and into her room. They all hear a loud bang of the door before looking at Eunbi. 

 

“Jerk.” Minjoo spitefully tells Eunbi as she runs after her bestfriend.

 

“Babe-“ Chaewon was about to reach out to her mate but Minjoo had already left.

 

Eunbi however, remained unbothered.

 

The others took note of how even if Eunbi had her eyes closed, tears were still seen falling from her eyes. 

 

It’s for the best, she thinks. 

 

The pain in her body was completely replaced by the tugging at her heart.

 

—-

 

It was dark, almost as if all the stars and moon decided to hide themselves in that specific moment in time. Every resident of the house was unmoving, nestled into their beds or on their soulmates. 

 

Everyone except for one.

 

In the lightless night, a shadow stirred moving around a room. 

 

She moved back and forth to the closet and her luggage whilst carrying with her a bunch of her clothes. She kisses a dog who was asleep on the bed that she used to share with someone else. 

 

The figure takes out a collar bought from a pet store she had acquired earlier that day. She places it beside the sleeping dog and smiles. 

 

With one last breath, she closed the lights and the door. 

 

She slowly moved down the flight of stairs, into the door, the gate and into the darkness of the streets.

 

As she blended with the shadows of the night, a white sharp tooth glinted within the abyss.

 

—-

 

Okay im really sorry for the inconsistencies throughout the chapters! I was really rushing and not rechecking any of what I wrote. I’ll edit those soon jdksjsksks thanks to those who were able to bear with me! And thanks to those who pointed it out!

 

Vote, Comment, Subscribe