- 1819: Prologue

Thousand Years

1819

 

A tiny ball of wight  fell down from the cold sky; the first snow of the year.

 

Eunbi looked at her open wound and cursed while biting her lip. No one was atleast a few kilometers near her. She was surrounded by dead people that are aftermaths of the battlefield earlier. Their bodies are already being burried by the snow. Their blood turning into red ice as it seeps down the frozen grass. 

 

The girl inhaled a deep breath and forced herself up. 

 

"Feeling pain is such an inconvenience." She grunted as she held her leg that was shot. "This wound is acting like a when it’ll be fine a few minutes after.”

 

Her eyes scanned the dead bodies. It was a mixture of her allies and enemies. She was the only one that survived the skirmish that had just ended.

 

No surprise there, Eunbi thought. 

 

She would literally still be alive even if she was shot a hundred times over. It was ironic how knives can’t hurt her yet a stick of wood can. Like who the heck made that rule against vampires?

 

Eunbi decided to just sit near a tree. She wanted a break from killing, from the gunshots and the miserable cries. She just wants to fall asleep and wake up where everything is over. No more wars. No more deaths.

 

Of all the centuries she has lived in, this is probably the worst. There was no place on Earth where people were not fighting, no where safe, no where to live in.

 

When she finally settled near the tree, she heard a rustling in the bushes. Eunbi, accompanied by her innate vampire sensing skills and military training immediately got a hold of her gun and points it to the intruder. 

 

"Who goes there?" She put strength in her voice. 

 

The person slightly flinches and raised her hands up, causing the box she was holding to fall to the ground. She was wearing a light brown camouflage and a red cloth was tied to her arm. 

 

Eunbi glared at her and threatened to pull the trigger. Based on the other girl's clothing, they were on opposite sides. She was her enemy. 

 

"I'm not here to hurt you." The girl said. 

 

Eunbi didn't let her guard down, "What are you after?" 

 

"I'm a medic." She gulped, "And you're injured. I just want to help." 

 

"We're enemies." 

 

The girl looked around before moving closer, "I don't really like anything that's happening. Each side just wants to kill each other. Most of the soldiers are forced to fight. No one deserves to die and get hurt. I care about you even if we're from opposite sides."

 

"And you ask me to believe you?" Eunbi glared at the girl who was now moving closer and putting on her gloves. 

 

"I'm a medic. I should tend to anyone who’s hurt. Atleast that was my intention when I studied medicine. Things are just so different now, with the war and all." The girl crouched and held Eunbi’s leg. 

 

"Leave it be. It's going to heal by itself." Eunbi moved away. 

 

The girl stubbornly moved closer again, "It's not going to heal with a bullet inside." 

 

Eunbi wanted to reason more, but she really couldn't say that she's immortal and all of her wounds eventually heal. Therefore she just let the girl do her thing. Trying hard to not think of how warm the other girl feels beside her.

 

"You have millions of teammates dying and you choose to help an enemy." Eunbi said while the girl was pulling the bullet out. 

 

"For someone who has a bullet in her leg, you’re quite snarky." The girl noted as she successfully removed the bullet, “And you don’t look like you’re suffering.”

 

"I have high pain tolerance." Eunbi groaned. She then felt a bandage wrapping her leg. 

 

"Must be convenient." 

 

"Not really. I never realize how something hurts until it goes to the point where I can't do anything about it." 

 

"It's sad when you put it that way." The girl said while putting her finishing touches. 

 

"Everything is sad, depending on how you look at it.” Eunbi said. She looked at the medic and surprisingly the medic looked at her too. 

 

The girl had beautiful dark brown hair and a cute face, with an adorable little mole on her nose. But what Eunbi noticed the most was her eyes. 

 

Her eyes with a perfect bright shade of black, one that Eunbi had never seen before. It was a shade of black which didn’t look dull at all. It was almost as if all the stars in the whole universe decided to camp in her eyes. In the sparkle of her eyes, she saw the world.

 

The longer she looked at it, the longer she was drawn to it. As Eunbi stared deeper into the other girl's eyes she felt something burning inside her. 

 

She felt it. 

 

She knew what part this girl would play in her life. 

 

Eunbi tried to control a gasp from coming out of . She looked away quickly while the other looked at her curiously. 

 

“What’s wrong?” The gorgeous girl infront of her asks.

 

Eunbi ignores the question and turns the tables with a question of her own, "What's your name?" she asks while trying to avoid looking at the deep black orbs. 

 

"Kang Hyewon." The girl smiled,

 

Oh god.

 

She looked so cute and beautiful smiling. 

 

“Kang Hyewon.” Eunbi repeats the name, making sure she remembers it. She likes the way Hyewons's name slips on her tongue. She bit her lip to supress a smile.

 

"I'm Kwon Eunbi.” 

 

Hyewon nodded and smiled. She offered a handshake and Eunbi accepted it. 

 

Oh damn, her hand is so warm and soft. A sudden thought came to the back of Eunbi’s mind; what would it be like to hold this hand forever? Before her thoughts could further escalate, Hyewon had spoken up again.

 

“Hi Eunbi.” She smiles.

 

And Eunbi can’t help herself from smiling too. Who was she to show a frown infront of an angel?

 

They smiled and stared at each other for what felt like a second when in reality it was almost a couple of minutes. Their staring contest was forced to a stop by the sound of a gunshot. 

 

Eunbi was brought away from her trance and decided she needed to do her duty as a soldier.

 

"Remember that name. I'm sure that we'll see each other again." Eunbi said as she walked away, all the while limping because of her wound. 

 

Hyewon was left there. Bewildered at Eunbi's sudden change of behavior. But she supressed a smile to herself as she repeated the soldier's name. 

 

"Kwon Eunbi." 

 

She smiled.

 

---

 

Three days have passed and the war hasn't lifted off. More dead bodies are sent back to their camp. More families are left alone. More gunshots can be heard resonating through the jungle. 

 

It was hell on earth.

 

By three days, Eunbi’s wound has fully healed. She removed her bandages but chose not to throw it away. It was a gift from someone special. 

 

As she was scouting the perimeter, she heard a shout from one of her teammates. 

 

"Intruder! I caught a spy."

 

Eunbi rushed back to camp, only to see Daniel holding Hyewon by the collar of her coat and pushing her further towards the camp. 

 

"I saw her spying on us. I ask to kill her immediately to prevent any leakage of information." Daniel shouted to their leader. 

 

"I'm just a medic.” Hyewon groans and glares at him. 

 

Through the croud, Eunbi met eyes with Hyewon. Hyewon was pleading to her but Eunbi had to force herself to look away.

 

If they had a staring contest right now, the other soldiers would have noticed and cause hell for the both of them.

 

Hyewon looked away sadly when she thought that Eunbi had no intention of helping her. 

 

"We'll carry it out tomorrow. Kwon, make sure she doesn't escape." Seunggi - their leader - said and left. 

 

Eunbi cursed. Out of all the soldiers, why did it have to be her. The soldier grunted as she sat down on the tree that is a meter away from the cage holding Hyewon.

 

"What are you doing near our base?”  She asks which got the medic’s attention. “Were your really here to spy on us?"

 

There was silence before Hyewon took the courage to answer, "I wanted to see you and check on your wound."

 

Eunbi stood up and walked closer to the cage. 

 

"Stop that." She glared. 

 

"Stop what?" 

 

"Stop caring. Stop acting as if you care. Stop giving me signs of love when we’re sent here to die. This isn't the right place or time." She sternly says, completely ignoring the red lights in her head telling her not to be cold and angry at the other girl.

 

Hyewon remained quiet. She then smiled so brightly that it turned Eunbi’s stomach into knots. 

 

"You're so cute." 

 

Eunbi turned a deep shade of red. She grunted and kicked a random poor rock that was unfortunately settled near her foot.

 

"We're enemies. You're set to die tomorrow and yet you're flirting with me."

 

"I don't understand either. It isn't logical for me to just enter within your base's perimeter. It doesn't make sense that I want to see you again, to make sure you're alright. I don't understand why I don't care that I'm dying as long is I was able to meet you." Hyewon said with so much conviction and confidence that Eunbi didn't know what to say. 

 

Eunbi tried to say something. Anything. But her lips would close whenever it opens, a sign that she doesn't know what to say. 

 

"I don't know much. But I think I'm attracted to you." Hyewon smiled. 

 

Eunbi sighed. She grabbed the medic's hand and pulled her as close as she can with the cage between them. 

 

With the close distance, she looked closely into the other girl's eyes. Eunbi felt a warm feeling spread through her when she locked eyes with Hyewon. She feels safe and warm even if they're just looking at each other. A few seconds later, the heat is overwhelming that she's forced to look away. 

 

Eunbi moved away from the confused Hyewon and sat down on the grass with her covering her eyes. 

 

"You are the one." 

 

Eunbi bit her lip and groaned. 

 

It's a thing with vampires. Aside from the supernatural strength, speed and powers, she is also able to identify who her soulmate is. For the past hundred years, Eunbi has never once came accross her soulmate. But in this current circumstance, where death and suffering is everywhere, she meets her soulmate that is set to die tomorrow. 

 

She tried to reject it by being cold to the girl, but seeing as how Hyewon literally went to their base just to see her, she sees and understands that the concept of soulmates isn’t one to mess with. 

 

"Are you human?" Eunbi asks Hyewon.

 

It was a stupid question. Ofcourse a vampire would identify a fellow vampire. Eunbi identifies Hyewon as a human but she just can't stand the fact that her other half is one of those fragile creatures that easily die and lose life. 

 

"That's a weird question." Hyewon laughs, "Yes, I pretty am a human."

 

Eunbi sighs again for the nth time. She doesn't know what to do. 

 

She should feel nothing for this girl whom she met only a few days ago.

 

Yet she does. 

 

Maybe it’s the fact that she's her soulmate, so she can't just let her die without even knowing her well. She doesn't want to live alone for a thousand years more. 

 

"I hate the fact that we met in this kind of time. For a thousand years, we could have met at any different day. We could have met in one of the trillion days there are in my life. Why in this ing day where you're going to die tomorrow. You're stupid. Why did you even come here?" Eunbi groaned in frustration. 

 

"I don't get what you said at all." Hyewon grinned, "But to answer the last question, I came here to see you. Three days ago, I didn't even know you. And then now, I risked my life to see you. And honestly, I don't have any regrets." 

 

Eunbi took another look into Hyewon’s eyes. Her warm smile, her cute cheeks, her gorgeous brown hair and everything about her has Eunbi’s stomach doing flips. The vampire notes how she wants to just wrap the girl into her arms, shower the girl with kisses, and protect her from every harm there is. 

 

And really, truth to be told, Eunbi does feel something for Hyewon. And that feeling is something that she can't deny anymore.

 

It's weird. They met once. Only once. But Eunbi’s life now revolves around this human. Like it's something that's already set in her life. 

 

She thinks it's because of the fact that she's her soulmate. But Eunbi knows its more than that. She loves the girl sincerely, and it's not even because she's her soulmate. It's more than that. Eunbi has no words to explain it. If it's to say that she fell inlove at first sight, then so be it, no matter how cliche. 

 

And it's stupid how she only realizes this now. On their second meeting, when Hyewon is behind bars, set to die tomorrow. 

 

" it." Eunbi stands up, looks around and then walks to Hyewon’s cage. When she made sure that no one is watching, she holds two of the bars and used her strength to pull them apart, causing a way for Hyewon to go out. 

 

"Let's go." She offers her hand to the human. 

 

"How did you do that?" Hyewon asks as she looked at the cell bars that are curved.

 

"Let's talk about that for another time.” Eunbi grunts. 

 

She then grabs Hyewon’s hand and they ran to the forest, attempting to run away from everything. 

 

Because Eunbi has made up her mind.

 

She's fine if all the world is against her, as long as Hyewon is safe. So to hell with her base, her fellow soldiers, and the cause of this war. She's running away with the girl she loves. And nothing in her hundred years of living, matters more than this.

 

---

 

Running away has its perks. Especially when the whole world is at war and you're basically considered a traitor by your whole country. 

 

Another problem is, well, she ran away with someone she met for a day. They don't know each other, they don't know what to say to each other, no one from the two even knows what the hell they're doing. 

 

It had been a week since they ran away. They found an old abandoned hut in the middle of a plain field. The forest was on the edge of the field and a river passes through near the hut.

 

Even if it has been a week since they ran away, they haven't had a proper conversation about the whole running away thing.

 

"So..." Hyewon speaks up. 

 

Eunbi looks at her. 

 

"Why did you let me go? And to top it off, you even came with me." She asks. 

 

“Because...” Eunbi thought for a moment before moving closer to the girl. Hyewon’s eyebrow furrows as she moves back until her back hits the tree behind her. Eunbi moved even closer and trapped her between the tree and her body. 

 

"I can't let you die." Eunbi seriously said. 

 

Hyewon looks at her like she was an alien, her face confused and seemingly not understanding Eunbi’s answer.

 

"You went against your whole country for me." Hyewon says to herself, a mere whisper to make her believe how much the other girl cares about her.

 

"I did." 

 

There was silence. Both were looking into each others eyes.

 

Eunbi feels that warmness again. And Hyewon feels like she's going to melt under the vampire's extreme gaze. 

 

"Remember how you stupidly went to our base to see me?" Eunbi starts speaking again, "And you said that you didn't understand why you did it." 

 

Hyewon nods. 

 

"That's what I did when I ran away with you. I don't understand why I did it. But I regret nothing. Because being by your side is enough to make me feel things that I haven't felt in the last hundred years. And it's stupid how my whole life revolves around you when I've only met you for a day. But I guess that's what you humans call...love?"

 

Hyewon then smiles, "I love you too." 

 

"But I haven't said anything?" 

 

"You said you loved me. So I replied with an 'I love you too'." 

 

Eunbi shook her head while biting her lip to prevent herself from laughing. She feels happy. Genuinely happy. 

 

A few days ago, happiness was a term so foreign and weird to her. Now, happiness is what Eunbi is.

 

Eunbi smiles and mentions how cute Hyewon is. 

 

And with this, Hyewon cannot control herself any further. She hurriedly leans forward so her lips would come in contact with the amazing lips of the other girl. 

 

 

Eunbi is shocked at first, but she smiled and reciprocates the kiss with much fervor and passion. 

 

This was all going too fast, they thought. 

 

But no one could have the willingness to stop. 

 

After that heated make out session, they cuddled under the night sky. Eunbi and Hyewon’s thighs and legs against each other and their hands over the other’s frame.

 

"It's warm."  Hyewon whispers as she snuggles closer to Eunbi’s neck.

 

Eunbi wonders how that’s possible when vampires are just cold in general. They don’t have normal body heat. But having the girl in her arms, she feels the warmness between them as well. 

 

"It is." 

 

---

 

Eunbi doesn't mention that she's a vampire. And Hyewon doesn't ask. 

 

There were many times where Eunbi shows inhuman traits and how she mentions living for a thousand years. There was also that one time when she said that she isn't human. 

 

But Hyewon doesn't ask anything. 

 

And Eunbi decides to not say anything unless she asks. 

 

What Eunbi doesn't know though, is that Hyewon already knows. The human notes how Eunbi’s fangs would be incredibly sharp at some times. How Eunbi runs at a very fast speed without panting. How she's able to lift things that are thrice her weight. And how Eunbi sometimes disappears through the night and comes back with an animal smell on her lips, and it strangely smells like blood. 

 

Hyewon knows. 

 

And it isn't a big deal. 

 

Because she loves Eunbi. A vampire or not. And she's willing to let Eunbi drink her blood if the girl would ever ask. 

 

"Hey." Eunbi appears beside her as she sat on the wooden floor of a random house that they found. 

 

"Hey." Hyewon smiles back. 

 

"So I got us food." Eunbi pointed to the fish in her hands. 

 

"You're the best." Hyewon immediately flashes a smile at the thought of food, takes one of the fishes and proceed to bite it.

 

"I know." Eunbi grins. The two laughed under the sunset infront of them. 

 

"What happens now?" Hyewon suddenly asks in midst of the silence.

 

Eunbi looks at her confused. 

 

"The war isn't ending any time soon. We're still being hunted down by our own people. We can't go home. Are we just stuck here? Are we just going to keep on running and hiding forever?"

 

There was silence once again. That question had been on each other's minds for a long time already but no one dared to ask. And now finally, Hyewon takes the courage to ask.

 

"I know that we'll face a hard life after running away." Eunbi starts, "And I know that there will be trouble and suffering everywhere we go. But it doesn't matter to me. I'm ready to go against everything as long as you're by my side. Nothing is more important to me than you." 

 

The two stared at each other again. Eunbi smiles as she feels the warmness spreading over her whenever she’s looking at those deep beautiful black eyes.

 

"I'll make sure that we'll make it through this. That one day we'll be able to live peacefully with no one trailing on our backs out there to kill us." Eunbi takes Hyewon’s hand. 

 

"That's my promise to you." 

 

She says as she moved closer to Hyewon. The medic closed her eyes and their lips met. The same warm feeling surrounds the two as they share a passionate kiss. 

 

They both fought for dominance but when Eunbi bit Hyewon’s lip, the younger girl had no choice but to moan. She moans louder when the vampire used her tongue against her own. Hyewon whimpers as she grabs on Eunbi’s neck when the older girl presses against her so she was pinned to the ground.

 

Eunbi breaks the kiss to in a breath but Hyewon moves closer again for another kiss. 

 

And they were so into the moment that they didn't realize a gun shot sounding dangerously close to them. 

 

Another gun shot and the two broke away from each other. 

 

They both panicked as they held each other, afraid that they’ll ever be separated.

 

Eunbi glares at her surroundings. No one was there yet her nerves feel something different. 

 

A few seconds later, Eunbi senses a bullet moving towards them. With her great speed and agility, she pulls Hyewon to evade the bullet. 

 

The bullet then hits the ground that they were standing on earlier. 

 

"." Eunbi grunted, "A sniper." 

 

She scans the place. Looking for a spot where the damn sniper could be. 

 

Eunbi was too busy looking that she didn't realize that another shot was fired. She noticed the bullet only when it was dangerously close to them. 

 

Hyewon is totally clueless about everything and there was no more time to pull her away. 

 

Eunbi used her full speed to hug the girl and turned her around just in time so she's the one who got hit with the bullet. 

 

Blood flowed and splattered everywhere. Eunbi shouts in pain but she tries to steady herself.

 

"Eunbi!" Hyewon cried as Eunbi slowly slipped away from her arms. 

 

Eunbi grunts with blood oozing from her back, "Run." 

 

"No! I'm not going to leave you." 

 

"I'm going to be fine! I'll heal soon! Run!" Eunbi struggles to sit up, the pain was once again being a .

 

"No!" Hyewon cries. 

 

Another shot. 

 

And Eunbi’s eyes turns big as she saw how Hyewon jerks forward, blood splattering again. The human lies on the ground, her warm eyes turning dull ones.

 

"Hyewon!” Eubi shouts as she saw how Hyewon got shot at the back. 

 

"Damn it." Eunbi cries as she struggles to move closer to the girl. 

 

Hyewon looks at her and Eunbi notes how the girl's warm eyes slowly turn into dark cold ones.

 

"I don't regret anything." Hyewon softly whispers. 

 

Eunbi bites her lip to prevent herself from crying. 

 

"To be able to die by your side. To be able to spend even a month with you. I've been so happy." The human struggles to say. 

 

"I love you. So so much." Hyewon lets a tear fall as she looks at Eunbi who's already crying so hard. 

 

"I promised you. I just promised that we'll go through this. You can't just die." Eunbi said between sobs. 

 

"Even if you can't keep your promise..." Hyewon whispers again, "I'm happy that you showed me love. Love that no one in my whole life has shown me." 

 

Hyewon reached out to touch the girl's cheek. 

 

"I love you Kwon." 

 

Hyewon is dying. 

 

And all of Eunbi’s promises and convictions are all turning into dust. 

 

"I love you too." Eunbi sobs. 

 

And then she watches how the life leaves Hyewon’s eyes and Eunbi shouts in frustration and anger. 

 

She ignores the searing pain on her back. She ignores another bullet that pierces her skin. And another. And another. 

 

Her eyes turn into a bloody shade of red. Her whole body is covered in blood. She angrily turns to the direction of the sniper. Her fangs are shining and ready to kill. 

 

Another shot and another. She'd been showered with more than ten bullets and yet she continues to walk towards the sniper. 

 

She runs faster than ever, and with a flick of the eye, her fist collided with the sniper. Who was pretty much another one of her fellow soldiers. 

 

The sniper coughs out blood. Eunbi had broken his bones and stomach in just a single punch to the gut. The guys falls down lifelessly and Eunbi just stands there. 

 

"It hurts." 

 

And she isn't pertaining to the wounds she has on her body. 

 

"This is my fault." She sobs as she starts blaming herself for Hyewon’s death for the next hundred years. 

 

And the snow falls again.

 

---

 

Chapter 1 is out. It was fast yes, but it was kind of like a prologue and I just needed the two to meet up and fall inlove and be sweet and chummy and end up dead. Oops.

 

Anyways I love me some vampire Eunbi !!

 

Also the dates are messed up. The world war happened in 1914 and not in the 18th century. Dont clown me it was for plot purposes dhsksjksksks