part two.

Kissing You

Ah, Umji and Eunha unnie are both up already? ShinB thinks when she sees their vacant beds. She sees Yuju still peacefully in her slumber in the lower bunk. 

ShinB pulls the covers away and climbs down from the upper bunk. Remembering her conversation with Yerin from the previous night, she squats before Yuju beside the latter’s bed. 

ShinB’s eyes land intently on Yuju’s puffy cheeks. Mustering her courage, she pushes herself forward and lets her lips press lightly against the side of Yuju’s face.

As she slowly draws herself away from Yuju, ShinB’s face reddens rapidly despite a relief overcoming her. I did it, she thinks, before a small smile creeps upon her lips. Her heart skips a beat; she feels ecstatic.

When Yuju’s eyelids flutter open, ShinB almost falls backwards. “Good morning, ShinB yah,” Yuju dreamily mutters.

“You’re awake?” ShinB shudders. 

“Just,” Yuju closes her eyes again as she turns to give herself a stretch, while her lips form a radiant smile.

Wait, why does she have to look so attractive even in her sleepy morning state?! A double panic in the morning for Hwang Eunbi doesn’t feel like the best state to be in.

“Well, what day is it that I get a morning kiss from ShinB?” Yuju delightedly asks as she sets herself up on her bed. 

“Nothing,” ShinB huffs. Piqued, ShinB turns to leave the room. Just as she does so, Yuju bravely stretches out a hand to pull onto ShinB.

“Unnie-” ShinB turns around with widened eyes and freezes. 

Yuju slowly loosens her grip on ShinB’s arm and lets it go. 

“Thank you for that, ShinB yah,” Yuju says earnestly. She takes a deep breath, “I’ve been waiting for it for a very long time.”

ShinB slowly releases the tension in her body but remains wary. 

Yuju reaches out for ShinB’s hand yet again. This time, she holds it gently in hers. 

ShinB starts to tremor at the touch and the way Yuju is looking into her eyes.

Yuju takes another deep breath. “And I’ve been waiting to say this for a long time too. I know you’ve taken a big step today so I shall, as well, right now,” she pushes the corners of her lips into a smile that mesmerises ShinB. With the strength she finds in smiling, Yuju declares, “I like you, ShinB yah. And I know that this feeling, you feel it too.”

ShinB remains motionless, dumbfounded. She really knows, ShinB thinks. 

“And you know that I like you too so you shouldn’t be surprised and all this waiting- let’s put it to an end shall we?” Yuju’s next sentence portrays immediately ShinB’s thoughts.

After a considerably long moment of hesitation, ShinB’s quivering lips finally break into a smile, despite it being a minuscule one. “I really like you a lot, unnie,” she mumbles, in an extremely nasal voice that Yuju finds irresistibly adorable each time, “so yes. Thank you. Please take care of me,” she ends her short sentences with giggles that exhibit her bursts of exhilaration. 

Yuju uncontrollably smiles. Opening her arms up she wraps ShinB in a hug, which ShinB pleasantly welcomes. ShinB seats herself down beside Yuju and throws her arms around the older girl as well. Her giggles do not cease; ShinB feels as if she has just jumped over a rainbow.

Yuju gives ShinB’s hair a few warm . “Hwang Eunbi, you’re really my destiny,” she whispers. ShinB smiles, blissful, and relishes the warmth of Yuju’s embrace.

 

“ShinB, your five minutes are over,” Umji calls out.

“Yeah,” ShinB’s face remains buried in her pillows and her sheets. 

“Sowon unnie’s gonna come,” Umji continues in her dry tone. 

“I’ll wake her up,” Yuju smiles at Umji who leaves the room to start her day. When they are left alone, Yuju climbs up to the bunk bed and lies herself down beside ShinB. 

Yuju lifts the covers to reveal ShinB’s sleeping face. She doesn’t conceal the smile on her lips at the adorable sight of ShinB in her sleep. 

Just as ShinB is about to whine, Yuju leans forward and presses a kiss on ShinB’s forehead. ShinB’s shoulders raise upon the contact of Yuju’s soft lips against her forehead, her eyes and lips pressed close. 

“Unnie,” she breathes without opening her eyes. 

“Good morning, you big baby,” Yuju gleams. ShinB finally opens her eyes and finds Yuju brighter than the morning sun. 

“I’m a baby?” she sleepily protests. 

“Yeah, my baby,” Yuju continues, putting an arm around ShinB's tiny frame. ShinB’s heart flutters; if every moment from now on with Yuju unnie is gonna be like that, I’m gonna get a heart attack, she thinks.

“Unnie, you know what?” ShinB looks up at Yuju.

“Hmm?” Yuju hums a question in response.

“I love you,” ShinB answers before more giggles that sends Yuju’s heart fluttering like a butterfly within her.

“I love you too,” Yuju gives a reply from the bottom of her heart, before closing in the distance and pressing her lips gently on ShinB’s.

 

“Sowon unnie?” Umji widens her eyes in confusion as their oldest stands outside the bedroom with her arms crossed.

“I just listened to the most disgusting conversation today,” Sowon’s expression is wry.

Perplexed, Umji tilts her head, but decides to ignore and reaches for the doorknob to enter. 

“Leave them alone for a while,” Sowon says before walking away. It takes a while before Umji cracks into a soft giggle.

 

a/n: same thing, will proofread and edit. it's 1.27am now! been a good night writing this uwu writing this part reminded me of my past sinju fluff scenes involving the bunk beds like the scene in Always (literally a sinju documentary from predebut-2016) and a drabble in my oneshot collection. ahhhh i love cute fluffy sinju... been missing them so i wrote this out. hope you guys liked it! do leave some comments and check out my other sinju/gfriend fics too :]