Chapter 2: Working together

Attack of the Pin-Up College Boys

 

Both of them got out of the car, exiting the parking lot and entering in a fancy restaurant, feeling out of place surrounded by beautiful ladies and men with very expensive clothes, staring at them in unfriendly ways.

"Why the Siwon told us to come here?" whispered Donghae, seeing how one of the waiters was getting ready to throw them off of there.

But Kibum didn't answer. Instead, he saw how an older guy crossed the lobby and gave them a warm smile.

"Good morning gentleman. I assume you're here to see mister Choi, am I right?" asked with a pleasant tone and without hearing an answer, the guy guided both of them to the second floor, not before giving their names to a security guard.

Glancing at each other, Kibum just shrugged and followed the brown haired guy, seeing how everyone on the first floor glared at them, just as if they didn't deserve to be up there.

Upon reaching a black wooded door, the kind guy opened the door for them and they found the guy they were looking for. Inside and opposite of the door, there was a huge window, a large table in the middle of the room and a guy with his back facing them and watching calmly outside the window.

Sensing them there, the tall guy turn around an offered them a simply and cold smile before sitting on the closest chair and motioning them to do the same.


"Good morning Kibum-sshi and... Donghwa-sshi, I believe?" asked Siwon in a polite manner, pissing Donghae off for not remembering his name.

"It's Donghae".

"Oh yeah, forgive me" said the tall guy, but without remorse in his voice, making Donghae scowl and fold his arms. Seeing Donghae's cute action, the kind guy tried to cover his smile with a folder in his hands; this action being noticed by Kibum.

"This is my assistant and right hand, Park Jungsoo." said Siwon, clearing his throat and pointing with his hand at the brown haired guy. "Jungsoo-hyung..." gestured Siwon, making the older guy hand him the folder he was holding and then turn his head at the visitors and bow 90 degrees. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Anything you need, you may ask me" finished with a smile.

"Thanks!" Donghae exclaimed happily making himself comfortable on the chair and wait till Siwon or Kibum started talking. But none of them did it. Kibum was clearly staring at Siwon and searching for something -Donghae didn't know what- and Siwon was just reading.

"This feel worse than being in my Grandma's house..." thought Donghae, trying to distract himself with the decoration. But there was none.

Unable to stand the silence, Donghae turn to the only person he could talk to without being seen as a bother.

"So, Jungsoo-sshi... what's up!" Donghae asked, trying to ease the tension in the room.

Hearing him, Kibum tried not to roll his eyes and facepalm himself. Five years later and Donghae was still the same imprudent boy.

"Ehm... do you need something Donghae-sshi?" asked Jungsoo politely, not seeing as a good idea to try and make conversation while his boss was trying to focus.

"I was just..."

But Siwon closed the folder he was holding harshly, cutting Donghae's words and -finally- focusing on Kibum.

"I asked you to come here for two reasons. The first one is to tell you this" said Siwon, motioning to his assistant to give them both a couple of folders. Opening them, they saw Siwon was indeed, someone who didn't take a job lightly. "The attack occurred on February 14th, between 9 to 10 pm, four blocks away from the victim's house. He was -as the news said- attacked with a plastic bag which contained poison and acid. This way, the victim's face melted, leaving him completely recognizable for his family." continued Siwon while Kibum and Donghae were seeing with wide eyes the pictures in the folders. It showed a body covered in blood, with burns all over his face, without eyes nor nose and a couple of things surrounding the corpse. "What the news didn't tell the citizens was that the killer droop a gun while he escaped the crime scene. That means..."

"That means he could have killed him without using the plastic bag" completed Kibum, talking for the first time since they came here.

"Exactly"

If that was true, then this wasn't a simple murder. The killer "wanted" to use Kibum's idea to kill his first victim. He really was telling the truth when he called him. "Do you think..."

But Kibum didn't finish the sentence. He just stared at Siwon, trying to see what he was thinking. Trying to see if they were thinking the same.

"I can't tell you that. The family asked to not reveal information as of who was the victim and I couldn't extract that information from the police's office" finished Siwon, like he was reading his mind.

Why the family didn't want to let people know? They were hiding something?

But Donghae interrupted Kibum's thoughts, asking a seemingly innocent question.

"Siwon, Do you thing this killer is the same who attacked me five years ago?"

Interested by the other's answer, Kibum raised his eyes to meet Siwon's expression.

"...I don't think so Donghae-sshi".

Trying to not show his relief, Kibum didn't dare to turn and see Donghae;  that would have been really risky in front of Siwon.

"But..." Siwon continued, deep in thoughts but still staring at Donghae's eyes and making him nervous "I do think this killer has something to do with it. If I can discover who was the first to come up with this stupid idea, I dare say that could help us in this case. I'm going to know who was the person who threw you that plastic bag Donghae-sshi".

And If Siwon was trying to reassure Donghae something good, neither him nor Kibum feel relieved at all.

"So, you’re just telling me you don't know the victim's name." Kibum spoke, with a big and mocking smile, trying to change the subject before Donghae starts sweating "You, Choi Siwon stopped in your investigations because it wasn't allowed to know this sort of information?"

Feeling insulted, Siwon raised one of his eyebrows before smiling as well "Still as meddlesome as ever, eh? But you're right. I didn't stop there. I don't know the victim's name but I do have an idea of who might he be. And, I have the family's address. Jungsoo-hyung, the car's ready?"

"Yes sir"

"Very well." Said Siwon with a polite smile towards his assistant. Siwon maybe the same cold guy he was in high school but he was definitely better treating people. "The second thing I was going to say is... Are you in?" asked.

 

And Kibum know what he meant. If he says yes, they were going to have to work together, share information, trust each other and more importantly; give Siwon the advantage to discover who the one who started all was: Himself.

Seeing as he had no other option, Kibum agreed. Knowing Donghae was with him till the end.

"Then, What are you waiting for... Kibum-sshi?" asked Siwon, gesturing them towards the window where they could see a luxurious black car waiting for them at the entrance. Seeing as Kibum and Donghae were confused, the rich guy smirked, asking them If they were ready  to pay a visit.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 



"So..." started Donghae again, unable to stand the silence inside the car "How's life Siwon?"

They were currently inside the luxurious car, waiting to arrive to their destination soon. None of them were talking and the tension was getting on Donghae's nerves.

But Siwon just ignored him politely. How? He didn't say anything and give his assistant the task to entertain their loud companion.

"Well, mister Siwon graduated from Neul Paran High School as the first of his class, he went overseas for two years to study International Business and now he's back to study Political Sciences at..."

"Woah! Hold your horses dude!" Donghae interrupted the older guy "I was just trying to make conversation, not to know Siwon's biography!"

"Oh. Sorry" smile Jungsoo, hiding his lower face behind his hand.

Why he always tries to hide his smile? Asked Kibum to himself.

"By the way, what about Wookie?"

 

"Who?" asked Jungsoo, confused.

"Wookie! Kim Ryeowook. He was Siwon's assistant in high school, vicepresident and his closest friend, wasn't he?"

Surprisingly, Jungsoo stared at him with wide eyes before turning his head and stare at Siwon's face.

"Y-you were..."

"We are here" And simply as that, Siwon got out of the car, closing the door loudly.

What had happened between Ryeowook and him?

And why Jungsoo knew about him but didn't know Siwon knew him?

Kibum was silent while getting out of the car, still thinking in all the things Siwon was hiding and just followed his friend to the front of a normal house.


"Ok" started Siwon "This family don't want to press charges, they don't want to appear on the news. They don't want to have anything to do with this anymore. Any questions?"

 

"Eh... so, what are we gonna do?" ask Donghae bluntly, making Siwon -finally- rolls his eyes.

"We are going to make an excuse to enter their house and search for information" replied Kibum calmly at his friend.

"Oh. How?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


There was a knock at the door.

Slowly, a man went to his front door and opened it, staring blankly at his visitors.

"Good morning gentleman!" greeted a too happy guy with a big smile, showing his dimples "My name is Park... Leeteuk, how are you?"

"I'm... excuse me, what do you want?" asked the confused man.

"You see, we come from Give your brother a hand A.C. An association which its main purpose is to give all of the good Christians the help they need" saying this, Jung...eh Leeteuk motioned his  friends to say their greetings, giving the man a view of four young guys wearing green jumpers with a happy smile printed on the center.

The total opposite of their real smiles.

Specially Siwon's smile.

Siwon's creepy smile.

"Oh... thanks to all of you but we don't need..."

"Oh! It's a ‘we’? Do you have a family sir? What a wonderful blessing God has give all of you!" Jungsoo keep talking nonstop, even giving the very confused man a side hug.

"This guy's really good at manipulating people's minds!" thought Donghae while carrying a bag with the name's association.

"Yeah we are four.... I mean. We are three in our family" the man corrected himself, looking down briefly and giving them all the chance they were looking for.

"Oh sorry sir, we came in a bad moment?" asked Kibum this time, giving the man a pat on his shoulder and a comforting little smile.

"Ye-yeah... my family is living a really bad moment right now so I would appreciate if you could come later. This is not a good moment".

"Sir. You can cry if you want. It's ok, you don't have to always be the strength of your family." Said Donghae with his big innocent eyes, taking the man's hands and squeezing them.

At the young man innocent voice, the man began shedding tears on Jungsoo's shoulder, whispering something about his poor son and giving them the change to enter his house with the excuse of comforting him.

"There there, everything’s gonna be fine sir; even in tough times God never leaves us. Just have faith" continued Jungsoo patting the man's back and shedding tears himself.

You can blame him. He is a sensitive man.

And they were using his weakness to enter his house. He felt guilty.

While all the drama was taking place in the living room, the other three began searching for family photos or names, being careful of not make a sound in case there was someone else in the house.

But there was no photos on the walls like it would be in a normal house. There was barely any decoration left.

Siwon started looking for clues in the hallway till he heard someone shout at him and froze.

"Yeah, my son was just like your tall friend!" said the mourning man, making Siwon turn around completely and put a robotic smile on his face. Seeing as the man wasn't planning on turn around and cry in his assistant's shoulder again, Siwon had no other option but to approach the man.

"Thanks sir. I am sure your son did everything in his hand to make you proud" said Siwon.

"Yeah, he did. But he was so young... he didn't even finished high school!" and then the man began crying again.

Jungsoo and Siwon shared a look. Now they knew the killer was still looking for high schoolers.

Then, Siwon's hypothesis was wrong?

"But thanks young man" said the man, trying to take Siwon's hands in his "Now that I see you, I know my son was happy when he was alive and..."

But Siwon stopped hearing him. He stopped thinking.

The man's hands were approaching him.

He was going to touch him!

Who knew where his hands had been?

He was going to touch him, for God's sake!

Noticing the tic on Siwon's eyes, Jungsoo understood one of his mister's panic moments and quickly took the man's hands instead.

"We are glad to know we could make you happy today" commented Jungsoo, blinding the man with his awesome smile.

While on the studio...

"Donghae, don't mess anything!"

"Relax, no one's here and the man is too busy to know we're not with them. Look! A photo album!"

"Uh? Let me see..."

And both of them opened the photo album, seeing on the first page a lovely couple in a park, holding two boy's hands and smiling at them. On the next picture there was some kind of party with balloons, and a cake and again the same two boys sharing gifts.

They skipped a couple of pages, hoping to see those two guys' faces as they were now.

And Donghae gasped, seeing the last photo where two young boys were in a gym, one of them wearing a red graduation robe.

"What are you doing here?" asked a scary voice, startling both of them and making them drop the photo album.

Lee Sungmin was in front of them.

 

 

Author's Note:

WOW! 10 comments and 22 subscriptions on the first chapter! *O* I feel famous 8D
Thanks, thanks, thanks! *-* It's been a long time since the last time I published one of my stories and the first one I wrote in English so, being able to see you guys like it, makes me so freakin' happy! *starts dancing around*

 

I hope you like this chapter! n_n It's 10pm for me right now and I haven't done my homework yet but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting n///nU
So, please give me reviews! :D I want to know what you like, what I wrote wrong [hehe xD], what do you think Siwon's hiding, What happened to Ryeowook?, What about Sungmin's family?, Leeteuk's a good liar? xD

Have a nice day wonderful people! :D