with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 15

Yuri placed the pink rose on the gravestone, right in front of a picture of a girl.

 

Seo Joo – Hyun

(28th June 1991 – 8th February 2007)

 

Yuri stared blankly at the gravestone in front of her; to the girl that was once the life of Kwon Yuri.

 

“How’ve you been? Seohyun?’ the girl sighed ‘Got out of the hospital just yesterday.’

 

A cool breeze suddenly hit the girl and the tombstone in front of her, as if responding to her sentence. Yuri extended her hand to touch the gravestone.

 

‘I missed you, Seohyun.’ The tanned girl confessed.

 

‘For the last 12 months, I have been living with the memory from my past, that’s you, Seohyun.’

 

Another cool breeze responded to her again. Yuri lowered her hand on the stone.

 

‘But now, I will move on, I will move away from the past, just like you wanted me to do for the last 12 months.’ Yuri lowered her head.

 

‘I promise,’ the girl said ‘that you’ll always be in my memory, you will always remain my one and only unnie in the world.’

 

‘I promise to never forget you.’ Yuri stood up.

 

‘Seohyun, please give me the strength to protect the one that I loved now, please don’t let anyone take her away from me.’ The girl prayed and left the gravestone.

 

-----------

 

‘Are you leaving with me?’ Ms. Im asked the girl in front of her who had been locked inside her room for plain three days.

 

The messy – haired girl shot a glare to the woman, her eyes were wet with tears, ready to fall from her cheeks.

 

Mrs. Im folded her arms

 

‘You have been like that ever since I locked you up that day. I am honestly giving up on you Yoona.’

 

Yoona look out of her apartment window and huffed a sound.

 

‘What kind of attitude is that, huh?’

 

There was no response from the girl.

 

‘Get yourself useful so that I can gain some reputation.’

 

‘Oh, so you finally revealed it.’ Yoona smirked

 

Mrs. Im was confused as to why her daughter was smirking like this right now.

 

‘What are you talking about, Im Yoona?’

 

Yoona turned and faced her mother.

 

‘You never loved me as a daughter; you only used me as a tool to gain reputation. Mom, is reputation really that important to you?’

 

Mrs. Im stood up from her place and closed the door angrily. Tears began to fall from Yoona’s eyes as she watched her mother disappear.

 

‘Why is this world so unfair?’ she thought to herself.

 

-----------

 

Meanwhile, Mrs. Im was watching TV in the television room, drinking her cup of tea that was placed in front of her in a coffee table while enjoying the drama her favorite drama series.

 

‘Aish… that girl, I have to get rid of her.’

 

Just then the TV switched itself to a news channel. A news reporter was standing in front of a place that looked like an airport.

 

‘A terrorists attacked had occurred this morning at around 8:30am. 8 people were kidnapped including 4 Koreans, 2 Japanese and 2 Americans. It happened this morning when a plane flying from Germany back to Korea landed. 10 people were dressed in black with masks; they each carried a M16 rifle. The terrorists held the 8 people as hostages when they left the airport, saying that they will release them when the government gives them what they wanted. The police department advises citizens should stay at home for protection in case of the attacks from the terrorists. Thank You.’

 

Just then, an idea popped up into Mrs. Im’s mind.

‘That’s it!! We are moving to California. Yoona won’t be seeing that Yuri again anymore.’ With that thought, Mrs. Im smirked.

A/N: late update... sorry... i am busy with exams coming up....