III. Christmas Gingerbread

Just a Little Sugar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun had been the first person invited to Chanyeol’s Christmas party, along with Sehun and Jongin, and although Chanyeol had insisted he didn’t need Baekhyun to bring anything, instead encouraging him to take it easy and just show up, Baekhyun had a plan. 

 

This was it, Baekhyun had decided. He was gonna pull out all the stops. It needed to be big, eye-catching, and above all, so blunt that there was no way in hell Chanyeol could mistake his message for anything other than “I like you. Let’s date.” 

 

Gingerbread was the obvious choice. Much to Sehun, and even Jongin’s dismay, the planning for something of this architectural proportion was intensive. His recipe he’d learned in Germany, while visiting one of the friends he’d met in culinary school. Her mother had the ultimate gingerbread recipe that Baekhyun followed reverently, lest he slightly divert from the recipe and ruin the effect of the smoky, spicy, rich, and deep spices sweetened with molasses that constituted the biscuit. 

 

To the drawing board he went, spending every minute from when the bakery closed to when he went to bed, and even breaks he found in between planning his gingerbread scene. Once that was done came the ever more arduous task of baking, assembling, and decorating—all of which had to be done just a few days before the party itself to ensure freshness. Baekhyun was glad for Sehun’s help, despite the differences he had; he had been faithfully assisting Baekhyun as he cut, measured, baked, let cool, assembled, repeated, until at last the day of the party had come and Baekhyun was absolutely satisfied.  

 

The event was to be held at Chanyeol’s apartment. Much like his birthday party, Baekhyun enlisted the help of Sehun and Jongin to transport his creation. They loaded it onto his car and drove to the office, mindful of not bumping too much on the road. Making sure the gingerbread sculpture was hidden, they carried it through the back of the building and onto the elevator. 

 

The party had already begun. Chanyeol’s house was lively with the sound of people’s voices, laughter,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter