Second Chance

Second chance.

Here we go a little rushed but I will re-edit it again at a later date. Also I just found out I did well in my interview and will hopefully have a new job soon yaaaay. Anywhooo ENJOY!

 

 

Minho wakes up day after day reliving his young adult life. Doing all the things he once loved. And also as Minho and Taemin spend time as lovers do. Minho finds himself in love all over again. He missed this Taemin. The cute, funny, kind, adorable, silly boy who was there for him.

Minho had forgotten why he fell in love. Now he remembered. And as he remembered he also remembered that he cared for him, because Taemin was always trying so hard to impress him. To do everything he wanted or needed. And Minho had to protect him from all mistakes. Taemin was insecure and just wanted and needed his love. There was no doubt in him that this young Taemin would ever hurt him. And now Minho cannot even remember what happened between him and his other Taemin and why the grew so distant. 

 

It is the night Minho has been waiting for. His long hair plated back for his performance. Minho playing his guitar in practice. He is ready to replay his best night again, only this time he will change his future. He will finally get his second chance to be a star. As he waits in the backstage waiting area Taemin kisses him, and wishes him good luck. He is already proud and ready to support him. But Minho isn’t nervous this time. There is no supportive words this time. His manager calls him and Minho stands up ‘Cheer for me okay?’ 

 

Taemin grins ‘Always’ he gives Minho a kiss again and the man leaves quickly. Once the door closes Taemin starts to cough rather sickly and as moves away his hand, he notices some blood. He wipes his hand on a tissue and even spits the taste into it too. He then walks out of the room to cheer on his boyfriend. 

 

Minho once again rocks the night away. He owns the stage he sings upon. There is a chance he even made his performance much better than he had the first time. And like before it all falls into place. He is loved and called back. When he finally exits the stage, his manger and a man he remembered all them years ago is offering him a solo career of a lifetime.

 

Minho beams as he shook the man's hand. 

 

'Think about it' His manager says.

 

Minho shakes his head 'No thinking, I am going to sign me up right now!'.

 

'Okay' the msn Harold smiles. He turns the page to the back area and even offers him a pen. ‘Please sign here’.

 

Minho signs it straight away. Changing his fate to what he always dreamed. And shakes his hand agreeing to meet him tomorrow to plan his new schedule. 

 

As Harold turns away Taemin jumps on him. Praising his performance and trying to kiss him. Though Minho actually turns his face away. ‘Taemin, I signed the contract’. 

 

‘YES!’ Taemin cheers ‘I knew you could do it!’.

 

Harold has noticed as Taemin tries to kiss Minho again. He steps over to speaks those words of Minho being single as part of his contract. Minho nods and he looks to Taemin 'I have to do this' he whispers. 'I'm Sorry'.

 

Taemin frowns 'Your breaking up with me?’ His eyes become wet with tears almost instantly. 

 

Minho nods 'Look if I stay with you... we're never gonna work out. Trust me. We’d get married. Then slowly grow apart. Then your gonna cheat on me one day. Were gonna split up. I don't wanna relive all that. Just come by and visit me. You’re still my best friend. At least this time I'll be happy and rich, and maybe we can try again in the future. You could always wait for me. But this is my second chance and I'm not giving it up for anyone. Not even you’. 

 

Minho kisses his forehead as Taemin is left stunned. 'Trust me'.

 

He walks ahead asking his new contract manager about what was next in his new life, since he was ready to go. The old manager looks at Taemin a broken hearted young vulnerable boy who starts to cry. He then turns running from the building, he is crushed and emotional he keeps running and halfway through his run he collapses. Neither one of them makes it home that night. Harold takes Minho out to celebrate. Taemin spends it in the hospital. When Minho finally returns he packs all his stuff and leaves to his new apartment. He promises to visit but tells Taemin he will have to move out as he won’t be paying the rent anymore. Taemin says he won't be going anywhere. 

 

As the years pass Taemin visits him a few times but Minho is enjoying his life of fame and fortune. He is loved by so many. And oh how he idolises it. He hooks up with strangers and celebrities, to spark up drama and attention online. He even smokes and drinks with everyone and anyone and has his ideal fantasy lifestyle.

 

One night Taemin comes by to visit. He has some very important news to tell him. He has been avoiding it for a while now. But he can no longer keep it a secret. He steps into the house when he finds the door unlocked, and he walks upstairs calling on Minho before finding him shouting back through a door to his left. When he walks inside he halts. He looks to Minho who is huddled up with some skinny male guest. 

 

‘I have something to tell you’. He speaks ‘It’s important’. 

 

Minho is kissed and the young male whispers in his ear making him laugh. ‘Tell me another time Tae’. 

 

‘But it’s important’. 

 

‘Look i’m about to have some great . Come back later okay!’. 

 

Taemin shakes his head. ‘Forget it’. He leaves stating he won't come back again. He rushes from the large building Minho owns, and once outside the door he bursts into tears. ‘I’m dying’ He whispers. ‘And I don’t want to die alone’. He sobs as he walks to the car waiting for him. Taemin’s brother looks at him ‘What did he do? Did you tell him’. 

 

‘No’ Taemin wipes his tears. 

 

‘Why not?’

 

‘He doesn't care’. 

 

Inside the home Minho pushes the male from him. ‘Get off me, you’re slobbering on me like a dog. It’s disgusting’. The young male huffs leaving the room. Minho doesn't care who he hurts. Even Taemin deserves the pain and he knows that Taemin is hurting after seeing him like that. 

 

Those 8 years he relives pass by so fast. And his life goes from great to the worst. He can’t keep up with the rota of late nights and morning performances, the fan visits, and interviews. And he is losing his fanbase day by day because of his angry and bitter attitude. He thought his perfect life was going to last. But he was still as miserable as he was before. You could say he was more depressed than his old life. And he finds Taemin always on his mind. One day Minho awakens very ill and skin very yellow. He needs help and ends up at the hospital. His liver is in bad shape.. His lungs are showing patches. He needs to stop drinking and smoking to prolong his life. When he thinks that is bad. His Manager tells him that his contract has expired and they no longer need him. No-one wants to hear him sing with his voice that no longer holds that sweet note. 

Later Minho loses his apartment because his treatment was so expensive and is partially homeless. He is left with nothing as he sells all his items. Including his guitar and returns to his hometown. 

 

With only one place to go Minho knocks on the door of his old apartment. Where his once long ago lover still remained. He expects Taemin to be exactly as he remembered him from the other future, but as the door opens Minho finds a very sick and weak male on the other side

 

'Minho?'

 

'Taemin what's going on?' He steps inside. ‘Taemin are you sick?’

 

'Oh.. Oh this... I Guess you haven't heard yes I'm sick, i’ve been sick for a long time. I'm also very poor and can't pay for treatment. 

 

'Sick?' Minho looks around the home he remembered living with Taemin in. Its bare empty. He has so little Minho has no idea how he has survived so long. ‘What about your family?’

 

‘It is my wish that they just let me go’. 

 

'When was the last time you ate?' Minho asks as he knows Taemin’s thin body has never been this thin before. 

 

Taemin thinks 'Tuesday'.

 

'Four days ago!'

 

'4 weeks ago actually' he half laughs.

 

'But Taemin you need to eat'. Minho takes his hand 'Come we will eat, and then we will go to the hospital and start your treatment!'.

 

Taemin takes his hand away. 'What's the point, i'm dying, I may as well die now before I suffer with sickness from treatment. It would be useless anyways I’m too far gone Minho'. The younger looks down. ‘I don’t have anyone to live for. So why bother’. 

 

Minho is filled with grief and pain. His Taemin has suffered without him all these years. Taemin had needed him and he was never there to look after him. As he should have. How he could have. Taemin coughs into a hanky and Minho is shocked at the blood that stains the material. 

 

'Why didn't you find someone to love you and look after you?' 

 

Taemin shrugs 'I guess I never fell in love with anyone else'. He sits on his mattress for a bed. ‘I have only ever loved one person’. 

 

'But you could have anyone'.

 

'I don't want just anyone'.

 

Minho sits beside him 'You waited for me? All this time'

 

Taemin laughs 'I guess, sorry you returned to a dying person. I did hope one day you would come back. Just once’. 

 

Minho holds him.

 

He wished they were in that alternative world where he was just arguing with Taemin over silly things. At least that Taemin was alive and well. He lets go with full remorse and cups his face. 

 

'I can pay for your treatment' he whispers. ‘I can look after you’. 

'No its fine. It costs around 800 each month. I’m too far gone. I took too long to find out. It was my fault. I just kept ignoring it, hoping it would go away'

 

Minho has halted.  800… 800. That was how much Taemin had been spending each month they were married. Minho though he was taking trips with his 'Secret lover' but now he realises Taemin was taking money for treatment. Which meant his husband in that original alternate world was also dying and he was the world's biggest arsehole. 

 

He finds his heart breaking and he starts to cry. 'Why didn't he just tell me!' He sobs. ‘Oh that stupid idiot! All this time! He could have told me. He could have said something! Why! Why! I would have been there. I would have supported him. Held his hand!’. 

 

'Huh?' Taemin questions.

 

'You! You should have told me that when you found out! You're so stupid. Stupid! To leave me in the dark!'

 

'I'm not stupid. I just... I'm Not important I'm a burden.'

 

Minho gets a chill. He knows his husband always thought he was a burden. Maybe because as the marriage went on Minho always used the 'I gave up a solo career for you’. Which really sparked a pain in Taemin who was always responded by apologising to being such a burden by being the reason Minho wasn't happy. No wonder he never said anything.

 

He feels Taemin rest his head on his shoulder 'I've missed you Minho... ' Minho holds him. 'Tell me a story!'

 

Minho used to tell him stories when they first dated. He decides to tell hin the story of them their marriage. At least the good side of the story.

 

‘And after we got married, I used to fall over your clothes you left on the floor in the bathroom. And Pretend to love the food you cooked which was awful because I love you-'

 

Taemin smiles 'It sounds like a great marriage'

 

 'It was'.

 

Taemin pouts 'was? '

 

Minho sighs 'I never realised how good I had it till I lost it.  He feels a gentle thud. He turns to Taemin 'Tae?’ 

 

The male is still.

 

'Taemin?'

 

As he turns Taemin falls against him.


 

'Taemin?' his voice breaks because he knows but he doesn't want to know. 'No... No come on come on you can't leave me you said you would wait for me. We are meant to be together we are.. We are.. Soul mates. He cries as he holds his beloved who has gone to a better place now. This Taemin is finally at rest. He eventually calls the police and the body is taken. Minho falls asleep broken and alone in an empty home on a small matress. 

 

 -

He awakes with a start. He's back. He is home, finally his real home. He gasps touching himself over and looking in a mirror. Around his neck is the wedding band he wears though never shows. He was wrong about his second chance because this here is his second chance. And he needs to find Taemin. He runs after putting on any old outfit, odd socks and trainer shoes he rushes from his home to the hospital. When he arrives he sees the elderly lady from before he walks to her taps her shoulder and sighs. 

 

'I am sorry for yesterday'.

 

She smiles 'That is all I needed.

 

Minho dashes towards Taemin's room, but once he steps inside he finds the bed empty and for a second he fears the worst. Has he lost Taemin here too? He staggers forward shaking his head. He could not lose Taemin here too. Then a toilet flushes in the inside cubicle. Minho looks over with tearful eyes as Taemin steps out. He barely has a moment to process as Minho grabs him and yanks him into a hug. Sobbing something awful those extra 8 years he lived without him. That moment with his other Taemin all the emotions were inking out fast.

 

'I'm sorry i'll never leave you again I swear I'll never say I gave up my career for you because it . I still always needed you. And you always loved me. You always wanted me. And I let you down. And I let you suffer and I' m sorry'.

 

Taemin remains still.

 

Minho wants him to hug him back.

 

'Minho what are you saying?'

 

'I'm saying I love you' he cups his face 'I need you'.

 

Taemin eyes are filling with tears. 'I didn't cheat' he whispers.

 

'I know-I know, i'm sorry I didn't trust you. Or believe you. I was a selfish prick who thought about myself all the time and not about those around me. 

 

'Minho I have something to explain, the money... it wasn't because I was travelling I was-'

 

'Paying for treatment I know'

 

Taemin is shocked. 'You know?'

 

'Why didn't you tell me Taemin'.

 

'We were growing apart. You wasn't interested in me you said I had ruined your chance of being a star. I felt I would Burd-'

 

Minho shakes his head, 'It was always you Taemin. You was the greatest decision I ever made. I never realised it until I lived it without you. If I went back again. I would give it all up for you. Only this time I would make sure to be there through your sickness'.

 

Taemin sighs 'Minho I had to cancel my treatment'.

 

Minho blinks 'What?'

 

'You wanted a divorce I couldn't pay for it anymore.'

 

Minho shakes his head 'No no you carry on. You get your treatment! I will work an extra job, I will take longer hours to pay for it. I am your husband. We will do this together you have to live!'

 

Taemin is stunned while he nods 'Okay' He half smiles ‘Minho?’

 

‘Yeah?’

 

‘Can you kiss me?’

 

-

 

Taemin smiles at Minho tears in his eyes, he has been stood by the main door for over and hour waiting. 'I got the all clear!'

 

Minho drops his work bag and coat. He is exhausted from his day of work. But a moment of joy gives him the energy to rush over and hold Taemin tight. Minho sobs as so does Taemin. Minho took every hard day at work just to hear those words. His Taemin would remain with him forever. The elder then pics up his husband and takes him to their room. He drops him down on the bed.

 

'This deserves love making'

 

'You are shattered Minho go to sleep'.

 

'Okay but when we wake up Love making!'

 

Taemin laughs 'Dea!'

 

Minho became a better husbands after his alternate life. Taemin doesn't understand what made it happen or what he even means in talking about his real second chance. But whatever it was a dream or a nightmare it benefits him.

 

 

 

 

 

Please leave a comment. xx GiGi xx