First Chance.

Second chance.

Hiiii sorry I'm having a crazy busy work week. Working 8 days straight. T-T I'm trying to get all my updates up as promised. The heat here is killing me T-T Enjoy. 

 

 

 

Choi Minho is a young talented musician. He played guitar. Drums. Piano. And above all he sang. As he got into his late teens he started out as a solo performer with his guitar. He sang and performed at many nightclubs and was happy with his small time manager getting him work. It was almost a dream come true for him. But Minho hoped one day to move from a nighttime performer and become big. Stardom. He wanted the life that sounded so rewarding for all his hard work writing songs and using his talent. 

 

When he wasn't performing he would come back to his small 2 roomed apartment. Where is sweet boyfriend Taemin also lived. They had been friends since Taemin was 11 and he 13. It didn’t become truly romantic until just recently when the smaller one finally admitted his feelings on his eighteenth birthday. Taemin had also just recently lost his ity and had an itch for it almost every morning and night. Not that Minho would ever complain. 

 

Taemin had also just finished school and started work at a small cafe. Minho and he didn’t have much money but they still lived well as could be. Because it didn’t matter how poor they were. It mattered more that they had each other. He was also Minho’s biggest supporter. He would spend hours just listening to Minho write and sing a new song in practice. When the singer had brain fog he would give him a massage and try to help. He was sweet and loving and always trying to do his best for Minho. 

 

Tonight was the performance of a lifetime. An executive manager of a music company is going to be there. If Minho does his part right he could be offered a contract. And set Minho up for life. He arrives early. Setting himself up with Taemin giving him support and encouragement. He gives him a kiss because Minho is nervous. 

 

‘You got this!’ He smiles. ‘You are going to perform and you are going to given that contract’. 

 

Minho smiles ‘You really think so?’

 

‘I know so’. 

 

The performance goes all in Minho’s favour. His audience loves it. He has fans singing along. He strums his guitar and sings his songs without a glitch. He even is called back on stage after a oncore. He catches a glimpse of Taemin beaming with proudness. And he also spots the suited manager with a slight head bobbing meaning he too liked his performance. 

 

When he finally gets off stage his current manager takes him aside as the suited man comes over. Holding out a hand for him to shake. 

 

‘Harold Parks, I am here on behalf of SHINEE entertainments. After witnessing your performance tonight I would like to offer you a contract with our company. I see great potential in you’. He pulls out a contract from his briefcase ready to sign there and then. 'It is a once in a lifetime opportunity you either take it or you don't'.

 

Minho takes it, reading though the words, he cannot believe that this is his moment. It’s finally here. It’s finally happening. Minho stares up at the manager and back at the contracted recording label, offering a solo career that would bring him fame and fortune he could never imagine. 20 years old, just starting the prime of his life and it could be his greatest future. 

The manager slaps his back 'Think about it wisely you have until tomorrow afternoon.'

 

Minho nods and as he leaves the backstage area. He is pounced on by his young boyfriend. WHo is praising his performance as usual. 'Minho! That was amazing. You was so great. I cannot believe it!’ He begins slapping soft kisses all over Minho’s face as the elder laughs. He smiles and tells his lover about his offer and he is full of excitement. Taemin smiles brighter just as excited for him. And jumps up and down clapping his hands before kissing Minho again. .

 

The executive manager who offered this career looks at the two and make his way over a slight frown on his lips. 'May I ask who is this?'

 

'My boyfriend' Minho smiles 'I was just telling him about-'

 

'Ah about that... our contracts involve no relationships. The odd flings and maybe hook up that will not last are fine. But relationships are a no go!' he grabs the contract and shows him the page. It’s the smallest printed area in his terms and conditions. 

 

Minho's face drops and Taemin looks down.

 

The man leaves and the manager pats Minho he knows how far back the two go. 'It's up to you'.

 

Minho nods gripping the contract tightly. And the two leave for home, the moment they arrive Minho shushes Taemin before he can say anything and they make love. He just needs Taemin right now. After their intimacy. Minho cuddles his boyfriend and sighs heavily. ‘This so much’. 

 

Taemin hums sadly  'I can always wait for you!'

 

Minho shakes his head 'No... I Love you'. He kisses his head 'There will be other opportunities, one that allows me and you to be together'.

 

Taemin disagrees. ‘No Min, you should sign it, this is your dream. I’m not that important. You have always wanted this!'

 

‘Taemin, I cannot live a life like that without you in it. It’s you or nothing’.

 

The young male smiles 'So you gonna give this contact up for me?'

 

Minho nods. 'Yes I will for you’



 

8 years later

 

Minho slams the pen down with a loud bang after signing the papers. Across the table Taemin is looking down sadly. Eyes ready to leak if he dares. He slowly looks up as Minho stands. 

 

'You have three days before I throw all your stuff in the trash'.

 

He walks off. Taemin looks to his lawyer beside him and back at Minho a tear trickling down his face. 

.

You can sign it when you are ready'. The lawyer speaks. ‘No rush’. 

 

Minho scoffs ‘The sooner the better’ he hisses and walks through the doors. He leaves the office but Taemin is hot on his tail.

 

'Minho please!'

 

'No Taemin I done with you!'

 

'Please understand me. Believe me I am not cheating on you. I have a problem and-'

 

'I don't wanna hear your excuses. You leave for hours or days on ends. Your spending money we don't have, I am working my off for you and I don't even know where you are!' He is angry and Taemin lowers his head again. ‘I gave up my career for you and this is how you repay me! I wish I had never said no!’ Minho points at the office 'Sign those papers, and get out of my house'.

 

He storms off before Taemin can speak. Taemin lets out those tears and turns to his lawyer who points back to the room. 'Taemin you should sign it'.

 

‘No I don't want a Divorce!' he walks a few steps, holding his head as he sobs before he feels weak and collapses.

 

~

 

Minho has been at work and when he arrives to his home he finds a few people taking items. They are grabbing all the things Minho places a sticker one. He reaches out and stops one of them 'Where is your brother Jinki?'

 

The male shakes his arm off. 'He' s at the hospital okay, we’re taking his stuff before you throw it out!’ He nudges past him with a box. 

 

Minho frowns looking to an old school friend. 'Hospital?'

 

‘'Yeah maybe you should go see him, it’s your fault be is there!' His old friend Jonghyun hisses. 

 

'My fault!'

 

'He is so stressed about all this divoice talk he isn't eating!' Kibum his actual cousin who seems to have rejected him speaks from behind. ‘Maybe if you actually spent time with him and spoke to him like a husband should he would have been open with you!’

 

Minho is angry he is blamed for Taemin's selfishness to not eat. He looks at the three men as they pack up a small car. When they take the last item Minho leaves to visit his still current husband. At the hospital Taemin is on a drip, he has been there for two days now. He looks weak and tired but he lights up when Minho arrives.

 

'You came!' He seems almost happy. He had hoped he would come. 

 

Minho scoffs at him grabbing the drip line and shaking it. ‘What is wrong with you, is it that hard to take care of yourself? You spend all our money but cannot feed yourself?’

 

Taemin’s smile is gone 'Min-'

 

'You have always been like this, so stupid and careless. Always needing to be cared by someone? You cannot cook. You can’t handle money. You dont even know how to clean your clothes. Grow up Taemin. Think about your life, if you don't you might die because you are so stupid!'

 

'Stop it!' Taemin hisses his angry tears are now ready to fall. 'I'm not stupid!'

 

'What would you have done if I had taken that job huh left you behind? It’s all your fault, I could have been famous and rich and living a life much better than this one. My life has been ever since I gave up that contract. Because of you!  Minho shakes his head looking away 'I never want to see you again!'

 

Taemin is hurt. He looks down and turns into his hospital bed. ‘Fine’ he whispers. ‘You won’t have to put up with me for much longer. I’ll sign the papers’. 

For a brief moment Minho feels a twang of hurt. But he dismisses it and nods ‘Good’ He leaves in a fit of anger as he goes and he knocks into an elderly lady while muttering under his breath. They both collapse to the ground, Minho growls at her 'Watch where you are going you idiot!'

 

The woman groans and mutters something at him 'Tomorrow you shall wake up where your heart was at it purest and kindest you will return when you learn to be pure once more'

 

Minho scoffs with a laugh ‘Whatever lady’ and leaves. He goes home to bed without a thought of her words.

 

The next morning arrives. Minho feels warm. He is snuggled up to someone who feels soft and small. He yawns only to yacks as his hair which seems long tickles his face, and falls into his mouth. He swipes it away. Then he sits up fast holding his long hair. How did it grow so fast. He turns and looks down to the person beside him and realises it Taemin, and a very young Taemin.

 

He jumps out of bed in surprise. Looking around completely  puzzled. The young Taemin awakes rolling back over, and looking at him. 'What’s up?' he asks, his voice rather adorable as he starts rubbing his eyes. Minho looks around and glances to the mirror, he feels around his body his young body. He starts checking himself completely confused. He hasnt had abs this toned in years. He recognizes this place too it’s as his old apartment.

 

Taemin watches him as he yawns 'Min?'

 

Minho slowly turns back. 'Is this a dream?'

 

'Well you just woke up so No?' Taemin giggles. 

 

Minho sits back down holding his head 'Are we married?'

 

'Married?' Taemin laughs loudly 'I'm 18 I'm too young to get married! '

 

'18?' Minho blinks

 

He goes to the mirror 'So I am 20?'

 

'Are you okay?' The young Taemin asks. Minho is still confused. He covers his eyes and reveals them again to see if the reflection will change. He has no idea how this has happened. He feels a soft kiss on his shoulder 'Do I need to help make it better?' Taemin kisses him. 'I'll make all your bad dreams go away'.

 

Minho is conflicted by the young Taemin. The boy who hasn't hurt him. Yet is sweet and kind. Taemin smiles a cute smile he hasn’t seen in years and always fell for. He left the younger pull him back to bed. His kisses are so sweet as he once remembered. He missed those kisses. He rolls over so the younger is pinned between the bed and him. A giggle is on his lips. 'I’m suppose to cheer you up!' He protests happily. Minho smiles down at him. 'It feels like forever since we have done this. I missed you'.

 

Taemin snorts 'We did it last night? I’ve been here the whole time. I’ve not been missing’.

 

Minho thinks 'Well I forgot, so let's do it again'.

 

Taemin bites his lip and grins. ‘Whatever you want’. 

 

A phone jingles beside him and Taemin sighs ‘Answer it’. 

 

Minho obeys and recognizes the call from his old time manager. As the manager speaks on the other end Minho leans at what point he has somehow magically returned too. He is set to perform this weekend. The weekend he is offered the job of a lifetime. It’s his second chance. He can take the offer and make his life better. 

 

He looks down at Taemin who is waiting impatiently. His little fingers drawing lines up and down Minho’s right bicep. He ends the call and smiles at Taemin ‘I’m in a really, really, really good mood. So be ready for the best love making you have ever received’. 

 

Taemin grins. ‘I am ready’.

 

 

 

 

(PS I may edit this at another date if not happy. life is crazy busy right now)

 

Second chance soon.